how would you view Cm punk if he did turn babyface again?

Saritafan

TNA FIRE ORLANDO JORDAN HE SUCKS
Now before I begin, let me say this is not a "CM should turn face again" thread. This thread is about how you so called CM punk "fans" would view him if he did turn face again. Now I know most of you only like him because he's a great heel, which pretty much shows you're not a real fan of him because real fans would love him no matter what he is. For the people who only like him as a heel, would you automatically hate him again if he did make the switch or would his heel run make you like him?

I never hated CM Punk, face or heel.

Personally I prefer the heel side of CM Punk, because since he turned heel in 2009, and some of the heel stuff he did in the independent scene (like the "invisible microphone" thing) has been absolutely great, in my opinion he is definitely a better heel.

But I wouldn't be disappointed, or hate it if CM Punk turned face, he's a good face as well, he gets a great reaction out of the crowd, I remember Survivor Series 2006, CM Punk being a face teaming with D-Generation X and the Hardy brothers, and got a pretty good face reaction from the crowd during the pre-match fun that D-Generation X always does.

What I'm trying to say is that CM Punk functions great no matter the alignment, and I will love watching him no matter what, because he has a great talent in the ring, great microphone skills, and is an overall great wrestler, and quite a treat to watch.

Punk has been one of my favorites since back in the day. I will like him no matter if he's a heel or a face mostly because his character works great as a heel ora face.

When he started he said his only vice was competition and he got a good reaction from the fans that only got better as time went on. When they wanted to turn him heel he started tdelling the fans how better he was and they started hating him for it. Heel or face he is one of the best because all he does is draw on legitimate aspects of the Staight Edge lifestyle.

It wouldn't suit CM Punk as a Babyface again mainly because of the Epic feud with SES and Rey. Really though, i didn't think he would of turned heel if he didn't face Jeff Hardy in THAT Steel Cage match. it was only because Jeff was so overated and kids loved him, Punk was portrayed as the bad guy. I even had a messege from a friend saying 'Please Everyone Hate CM Punk for making Jeff Leave' i thought it was pathetic that people hated CM for that. But anyway, with the mask and SES rolling strong, i dont think that Punk would return as a face, and if he did, It just wouldn't seem right...I'm Just Sayin...

i would still like him if he went face as he is a great in ring talent and great on the mic i just feel he is better as a heel and i kind of feel his gimmick is more suited to the heel side of things. Either way though he will always be one of my favourates

The only aspect of his face role that I put over the heel role is the actual wrestling. I get a little annoyed at the amount of dirty finishes to virtually every match he has. But that's pretty much the only argument I'd have about his face character. I'd prefer him as a heel, his promo's are just excellent.

As to how I'd feel if he were to turn face again? I'd be content with it, but I don't think his popularity is nearly high enough to remain at the top of the card if he were to do it. You look at HHH, Orton, and Edge, 3 super heels that have done way worse than Punk ever has, and their face turns went over extremely well due to their built in popularity, everyone wanted to cheer for them. Punk doesn't have that luxury quite yet, and I'm not entirely sure he ever will. I always enjoyed Punk, no matter what role he played. But there isn't any question that his heel persona is far superior.

I'm not sure how I would view Punk if he turned face. I think it would be similar to the way I view john morrison, in the sense that he was so entertaining to me as a heel, that I become a permanent fan, even if I don't consider his face work nearly as good. That being said, CM Punk's Savior gimmick has already entered my top 5 favorite heels of all time already.....

If he turned baby face right now or anytime soon i wouldn't like it because SES is going well, although in time when that story line disbands then i won't mind. I love watching him, he's one of a few Wrestler who i loves watching his skills, on mic, in ring. I just wish to have had him during the attitude era.

Now before I begin, let me say this is not a "CM should turn face again" thread.

Thank fucking god.

This thread is about how you so called CM punk "fans" would view him if he did turn face again.

Hey, what are the quotation marks around fans for?

Now I know most of you only like him because he's a great heel, which pretty much shows you're not a real fan of him because real fans would love him no matter what he is.

Aw Jesus, that's what those quotation marks were for. Are you fucking for real? First of all, being a fan of something or someone doesn't necessarily require that you are a fan of everything that person/thing is, does, and stand for. Do I have to be Straight Edge to be a real CM Punk fan like you? Second of all, are you really trying to throw out there that you are somehow more legitimate of a fan, or poster, or person?

For the people who only like him as a heel, would you automatically hate him again if he did make the switch or would his heel run make you like him?

CM Punk as a face, or at least his previous work as a face, is some of the most boring work I've seen in years. It's not from a lack of talent; he simply has no way to get over other than "Hey I'm friendly and yet cool looking, stay off drugs". With Batista leaving there isn't very much at the top of the card on either show that would allow him to get over as the "underdog face", especially since that role is currently filled by Mysterio. They missed the boat on getting him over as a super dangerous indy star; that role will likely fall to Daniel Bryan.

As a heel, either in the WWE or before it, CM Punk is able to shine. He plays his bad guy role better than almost anyone else in the company presently. His all-too-rare featuring role on NXT was one of the best parts of the first season. His personal beliefs, while difficult to push as extensively as a face, are tailor made for a perfect heel, and because they are his beliefs and not simply a gimmick handed to him he soaks every last drop out of his performances as the harshly judgmental leader of the SES.

A face turn at this point would kill any and all momentum from the previous 3 month run with Rey Mysterio. It would require TNA level booking to explain, and would meet with a tepid reaction as the fans already got their tweener dreams answered in the form of Randy Orton. As a fan of WWE, it's not a question of "would I automatically hate him if he went face"; inevitably I would become bored of him as a face again. There has never been any way to get CM Punk over as face before, so what changes now?

Thank fucking god.

Hey, what are the quotation marks around fans for?

Aw Jesus, that's what those quotation marks were for. Are you fucking for real? First of all, being a fan of something or someone doesn't necessarily require that you are a fan of everything that person/thing is, does, and stand for. Do I have to be Straight Edge to be a real CM Punk fan like you? Second of all, are you really trying to throw out there that you are somehow more legitimate of a fan, or poster, or person?

CM Punk as a face, or at least his previous work as a face, is some of the most boring work I've seen in years. It's not from a lack of talent; he simply has no way to get over other than "Hey I'm friendly and yet cool looking, stay off drugs". With Batista leaving there isn't very much at the top of the card on either show that would allow him to get over as the "underdog face", especially since that role is currently filled by Mysterio. They missed the boat on getting him over as a super dangerous indy star; that role will likely fall to Daniel Bryan.

As a heel, either in the WWE or before it, CM Punk is able to shine. He plays his bad guy role better than almost anyone else in the company presently. His all-to-rare featuring role on NXT was one of the best parts of the first season. His personal beliefs, while difficult to push as extensively as a face, are tailor made for a perfect heel, and because they are his beliefs and not simply a gimmick handed to him he soaks every last drop out of his performances as the harshly judgmental leader of the SES.

A face turn at this point would kill any and all momentum from the previous 3 month run with Rey Mysterio. It would require TNA level booking to explain, and would meet with a tepid reaction as the fans already got their tweener dreams answer in the form of Randy Orton. As a fan of WWE, it's not a question of "would I automatically hate him if he went face"; inevitably I would become bored of him as a face again. There has never been any way to get CM Punk over as face before, so what changes now?

Excellent post and I agree with everything you said. To imply I'm not a "real fan" becasue I don't unquestionably follow someone is a pretty ignorant thing to say.

In my opinion CM Punk is much, much, MUCH better as a face. When I got back into pro wrestling a couple years ago and saw CM Punk for the first time I absolutely couldn't stand him. He was just one of those typical boring faces and on top of that was a straight edge which has me rolling my eyes everytime I saw him. That completely changed once he went heel, he is an EXCELLENT heel and the whole straight edge thing is perfect for a heel. Let's face it -- your average WWE fan in the crowd is a beer drinking, cigarette smoking, lower class individual who cares little for straight edge beliefs. To use that as "I'm better than you!" preys perfectly on their stereotypes and preconceived notions of what the straight edge movement is all about. The whole straight edge as a good guy really only works for kids who see things much more black and white with DARE propoganda and such.

So yeah, a face turn would lead to me losing all interest in him, not to mention it wouldn't make any sense. It wouldn't make me lose my respect for him, but I wouldn't mark out for him anymore.

I too believe that he is better as a heel than a face, but I do like him either way. As a face in the wwe he wasn't free to really be himself I don't think. He was just a guy that came out and kicked ass. His straight edge lifestyle never came about and if it was mentioned it wasn't apart of a storyline. Until his feud with Hardy, he was just another face, but he turned heel and was able to finally utilize the straight edge lifestyle as a gimmick to its fullest. Off subject, I do find it pretty funny that 2 of the most popular wrestlers in kids minds, Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio have had problems with drugs or drug failures and yet still are built up as role models for kids, yet the guy that doesn't do absolutely anything is told to be hated. That's the thing that annoyed me about the whole Mysterio feud was that the announcers were constantly harping about if Rey lost he would be "forced to join the straight edge society". Basically they said that it's okay to do drugs kids because the one drug free guy in the entire company is not cool.

I'd be fine if he were to turn face again,but maybe that's because I know it ain't happening for AT LEAST another year.CM Punk is good as a face,but he's PERFECT as a heel.I do wish they'd let him be a badass,take-no-shit type of heel though.I feel that there are too many cowardly heels,and not enough tough guys(see Undertaker in 2002).I'm a big CM Punk fan and I do prefer him as a heel,but I wouldn't mind a face turn simply because he wouldn't get his ass handed to him so much:disappointed:

Either way I love Punk. Seriously, he is my favorite wrestler, and has quickly risen through the ranks and is now a top candidate in my favorite of all time. Now as I only learned about him when he came up in 2007, I had to research his indy days, and the path that he took is what makes me respect and enjoy his work even more.

Once I saw him as a heel, I realized that him being a face is a little boring. He can't really get on the mic and say things that people would get behind. I asked it in another thread, what is he going to say in a promo? "I'm Straight Edge, I'm drug and alcohol free, but I'm okay with you doing it"? Hell no. That would be stupid. I love his ring work no matter what, but like it has been said before, most guys can't just get over on ring ability alone.

Which brings me to my point about him as a heel. He can get on the mic, speak the absolute truth about people, which was the best part about his feud with Jeff Hardy, and he got underneath their skin because they didn't like hearing it. His mannerisms in the ring as a heel are great, his facial expressions when beating on his opponent. His mic skills set him apart though. A vast difference between face and heel.

I will continue to love CM Punk, whether he is face or heel. BUT, he is definitely more entertaining as a heel.

I think the OP was trying to find out if you'd still be a fan of the wrestler if he turned face, not implying you aren't a REAL fan. I mean, honestly, if you're into any other sports like football for instance, and you're a huge fan of a QB on Team A, but when he goes to Team B, do you automatically hate him for changing sides? Or do you still wish him will and enjoy his work, as long as he's not crapping all over your favorite team?

Anyhow, I won't put anymore words in someone else's mouth, I liked Punk as a face, though I think being a heel comes more natural to him with his character. The whole "Straight Edge means I'm better than you" is just a guarantee for fans to hate him. If it changes back to "Straight Edge means I'm clean and sober but respect you no matter what you choose to do" it loses it's edginess.

So yeah, I'd still be a fan, but I don't think I'd be as drawn to him if he turned face again. He needs to stay heel, and allow that to fully develop until he's back in the title scene wreaking havoc on the entire SD roster.

First of all,
I've been a CM Punk FAN since he debuted in ECW and saved the whole damn show,
So i'm not one of these "Fickel Fans",
If he was to turn face it would be a disaster,
It would ruin SES completly
&The Gimmick would be lost,
But am I going to take the X's of my hands,
NO
Am i going to pick a new fav,
NO
Am I going to turn my Back,
HELL NO
I am a Straight Edge Follower for infinity and beyond
All Hail
C.
M.
PUNK!!!!!!!

Now I know most of you only like him because he's a great heel, which pretty much shows you're not a real fan of him because real fans would love him no matter what he is.

Don't pass judgment on people dude; if people like him just because he is Straight Edge, then it's because he's Straight Edge. Just like we shouldn't be held as "not real fans" for liking someone ex. HBK because of his faith or to like Santino just because he's funny. We are all critics and we are going to cheer or boo someone usually over one particular thing.

For the people who only like him as a heel, would you automatically hate him again if he did make the switch or would his heel run make you like him?

I've been into Punk since his stint in ROH. Now that he is in WWE, and getting mic time like a crazy man, I like his heel persona. Mostly because he is an outstanding speaker, given the cause. Does that make me less of a fan if I said I like him based on that? I think not. CM Punk works wonders as a heel and honestly should be a constant Main Eventer.

Now if he were to turn face :shrug: <---this is what I would do; simply shrug. All characters in some way go heel, just like they most of the time go back as faces. Punk will have to be a good guy again, but this time I am sure they will give him that microphone and he will know how to talk to the fans and keep their attention like he did as the guy they love to boo.

Bottom line, we cheer on the people that we see things in and boo the people that "deserve" it. If that's not being a fan then obviously my definition is whimsical at best.

Same way I always have ever since he debut'ed. I have never really been interested in punk. Face or heel. I don't see what everybody else does. But I assume when he does return face (because the Straight edge gimmick will run stale.) People will go back to worshipping him like they did before. Bring him back after an "injury" And the crowd will eat him up. I feel like when they do it, It will be like he was never face.

I honestly don't get the point of this thread?

Seriously, are you implying that we will hate him if he tries to get on our good side? If so, is that because we like him too much as a heel and wont accept him as a face? I think that is what you are getting at, so I will try and address that point, if I may.

I was never the biggest CM Punk fan. Some would say that I came late to the party and a lot of people knew that he was a special talent way before he joined the WWE, However, as a fan of wrestling and the mentality that must exist to be a fan, I cheer for the faces and I try my best to boo the heels. CM Punk is probably one of the best heels in the business right now and I love to hate him. It also very hard to hate him though. He is so talented and can play his current role with such conviction and perfection that it is hard not to bite on to what he is spouting.

However, if he was to turn face, I don't see why I would hate him. Surely, if he is turning face, then he would be trying to butter us up and get on our good side. The fact of the matter is that the only people who wouldn't accept him as such, are closed-minded smarks that really need to re-evaluate how much they like wrestling because it's ludicrous to think that you could be so attached to a gimmick that you don't want him to change it.

I love the SES gimmick and if punk changed face it dosent take away the fact that he's a solid worker and great at cutting promos! The whole ses gimmick has so much potential, i read in another about wwe bringing in roxi and having her fued for pumks attention is a savage idea!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back