How many more unendurable months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AegonTargaryen

Championship Contender
I just watched the opening segment of Raw 07/04/14 which obviously revolved around Daniel Bryan pandering to the fans by pedestrian babyface stuff like "You guys deserved it", "You guys are awesome", and so on. For me, it were a good 7-8 unendurable minutes of boredom, quite akin to the latter half of the 2000s when every damn Raw John Cena would come out with his goddamn music, his goofy T-shirts and utter his usual schtick. Only in John Cena's case, there was no repetitive "YES!" and the hand gesture to be seen in the audience. Nor did he do the same gesture which looks pathetic on a grown man , unless if he were trying to cheer his baby or something.

The good part about the segment only began with the arrival of an infuriated HHH, just like every Daniel Bryan segments in the past have been watchable because HHH and Stephanie are such seasoned and entertaining heels. I've watched The Rock as a babyface champion and he never bored me. Quite the contrary. Kurt Angle, a heel HHH, a face HHH, Evolution HHH, Randy Orton, and even John Cena. Never has a babyface championship reign seemed so unendurable, lacklustre and boring at the get-go. I'm not even criticizing Daniel Bryan because I know he's an amazingly talented wrestler. But what now? Week after week, the Authority will try to end the reign. Every time HHH or any other heel will try to mock, intimidate or threaten DB, just like this segment, all he does is "We are united", "Yes represents change" , "We won't back down" , and the YES! chants and gestures.

Obviously, Cesaro is going to win the IC title tournament and pretty much every worthy contender is busy with something. Shield will face Evolution at Extreme Rules. Brock Lesnar is not returning. John Cena is engaged with Bray Wyatt. With Kane sending that ominous message, in all likelihood, DB's first challenger at Extreme Rules will be a masked Kane, who'll lose by way of submission or something. But, who will finally end this, and when?

What do you guys think? How many of you are tired and bored of the chant/gesture routine, and think Daniel Bryan doesn't have the entertaining factor in the long-term, like how CM Punk did, and Randy Orton's reigns were quite solid as well and did not revolve around a chant/gesture. Besides, even though I like Daniel Bryan as a pure wrestler, he is pretty much a tiny man who looks pathetic doing the hand gesture and pandering to the crowd week after week. I would finally like to say, I am not against him being champion because he's a very good wrestler, but if every segment of his is going to revolve around him getting beat, then him getting the upper hand the next week, and his utterances being the YES chant/gesture, how long before the audience wises up? .

We get it. You don't like Daniel Bryan. You've made that point abundantly clear as you've already created several threads on the exact same subject. People will respond challenging your perceptions with the same facts and arguments that you won't be able to refute, at least from a logical perspective, you'll stick to your guns with your personal dislike, the debate will die down for a little while and you'll create another "I don't like Daniel Bryan" thread to start the whole thing over. It's time to learn a new tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back