• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How low can you possibly get?

The Dewbliners

WZ's Whedonite. Now 20% Cooler
I'm by no means a religous man, but I was just watching the morning news here in Cincinnati, and apparently a group of theives have been breaking into a local Methodist church, and stealing food out of the pantry they have to feed the underpriviliged (sp?) twice a week!

Now, the churches head pastor/minister said she doesn't get mad about it, which is respectable. I'm just wondering if these criminals have absolutely no shame.

It should be noted: I felt the same way when my kid sister got arrested for vandalizing our childhood church. Like I said, not a religious man, but there are some lines even I won't cross.

This is a bad thing, no doubt, but it's hardly worthy of a thread. There are things much worse in our world than stealing a bit of food from the Church (even if it's for underprivileged people). People are out there right now murdering people, raping people, and doing the most atrocious things that you could imagine in your head. That makes this seem like child's play.

I mean, unless you're a total douche, and think it's cool because you're stickin' it to society. Then in their mind, it's acceptable. Doesn't mean their right, just playing devils advocate (horrendous pun not intended).

This is a bad thing, no doubt, but it's hardly worthy of a thread. There are things much worse in our world than stealing a bit of food from the Church (even if it's for underprivileged people). People are out there right now murdering people, raping people, and doing the most atrocious things that you could imagine in your head. That makes this seem like child's play.

I won't disagree with ya, 48. I just hadn't seen any stories about murder, rape, and the like when I posted the thread. On a related story, a local guy is being charged with shaking his seven month old son to death. His excuse? The missus was out, and the baby annoyed him.

I won't disagree with ya, 48. I just hadn't seen any stories about murder, rape, and the like when I posted the thread. On a related story, a local guy is being charged with shaking his seven month old son to death. His excuse? The missus was out, and the baby annoyed him.

I'm not going to disagree that this is quite a bad situation, but something that makes me shake my head at our society is that we freak out about a WalMart employee being trampled and shrug off thousands of murders and rapes that are happening at every moment of every day.

Oh, and baby-shaking is awful.

If they're stealing the food, they probably need it. They're just taking what's rightfully theirs.

They could go about it the proper way. I doubt the church is turning people away on a regular basis. This has happened 12 times in 90 days.

I'm off to bed, guys. I just had to get this off my chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back