• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Long Until Joe Pa Is Dead?

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
With proceedings underway to give Joe Paterno the axe after Penn State's huge child molestation scandal, how long do you give him until he bites it? As a disclaimer I'd just like to say that I'm a huge fan of Joe Paterno and think it's an absolute shame that decades of coaching genius will be tarnished by something he had no direct part in. But, professions like this one give the elderly a purpose in life, a reason to live.

So, how long do you give him? 6 months? A year? 3 years?

Well, with Joe Frazier dying yesterday there are two spots wide open for sport celebrity deaths. I think Joe Paterno would make a nice second man. Sort of like Ed McMahon to Michael Jackson.

He wasn't an athlete or coach but Andy Rooney lasted about a month after ending with 60 Minutes after about 40? years. He was 92, JoPa is 84. This could definitely be a case where the body just shuts down after a major life change.

The only way I see Joe Paterno dying is by spending a night alone with Jerry Sandusky, other than that, there's no death in the foreseeable future for him.

Fifteen years, just long enough to outlive Ric Flair, and win me a deadpool wager I have with a friend.

I can dream.

Outlasting Ric Flair?

Don't kid yourself, Flair might be a lunatic, he might not be able to keep a marriage together, he might be poor as shit, but the man is immortal. After all the blood he's lost, I'm sure of it. Hell, he survived a plane crash!

law of averages, it'll all even out.

Besides, I needed a more tantalizing name for my friend to take this bet than Jake Roberts

Side note; my friend was actually describing this whole matter as a "Greek Tragedy". Only took reminding the bastard three times that Greeks probably didn't look down on the gay boy touching as we are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back