• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you like your raw endings?

wbuqed

I bring the meat even if ur a vegan
This sort of runs alongside the RAW main event from tonight (batista squashing cena), but I was wondering how do you guys like your main events from RAW to end, evenly competitive match, Squash, or and I guess I'll put this in just for the sake of it non-wrestling segment i.e. the bret hart segment from last week?

Wrestling Match that ends with something momentus. Like a competitive match that is actually a friggin Main Event that also ends with a big deal.

If we'd had a 15 minute Batista-Cena match tonight then ended like it did, that'd be cool. With Jim Ross calling because the announcers were terrible at that juncture. So much better with JR yelling 'Dammit! Dammit! The Animal is destroying Cena!' instead of King whispering 'ouch' like 8 times.

And in all honesty, why didn't Cena-Sheamus function as the Main Event tonight and have Batista interfere and start beating both before HHH (who also wasn't on the show) comes in for the save and then Cena beats Sheamus who then subsequently blames HHH for the loss of a Main Event at Wrestlemania and then you have to feuds that are a lot hotter than the Cena-Batista/McMahon mix that is going on now.

I didn't mind how it ended tonight, Batista basically low blowed Cena and destroy him again and left questions unanswered. I think, he will answer the question to why he attacks Cena like this will be because, Batista will say that Cena "hogs" the spotlight and he lives in the spotlight and say that Cena doesn't belong in the spotlight, but i like my Raws to end with good matches or segments, this one was pretty good, not great, but pretty good.

I actually thought the ending was a great setup for Wrestlemania. You had to believe that if Cena had to win his way into Wrestlemania, he wasn't winning clean, otherwise fans would be blasting Vince for such stupid booking. The ending tonight did a few things. First and foremost, it got Cena into the main event of Wrestlemania. Second, it kept the fued a little more interesting. Third, it made Batista look how he should look. Like an unstoppable monster heel. Cena hasn't inflicted any kind of damage on Batista in their recent little battles. They are building for the inevitable "David v. Goliath" match at Wrestlemania, with Cena winning and the kiddies going home happy.

I've seen people say Cena should have faced Sheamus tonight. Would it have been a more eventful match? Probably. But again, you can't have Cena go over Sheamus clean, because it takes Sheamus' credibility away. Right now, he has the whole "it took two guys to beat me" thing going for him into Wrestlemania with a potential match vs Triple H. You can't believe that Trips wants his Wrestlemania opponent to go into Wrestlemania looking weak.

I think the booking right now is looking good for Wrestlemania, at least storyline wise. Will Cena vs Batista suck at Wrestlemania? Most likely. But it's going to be built up so much that people don't care how good the in ring stuff is. That's what Taker vs HBK is for. That's what Edge vs Jericho will be. Cena vs Batista will be this years Triple H vs Orton. Massive build up and a blah match. But a solid, entertaining story going into the big show.

I usually leave longer responses, but I'll keep this one short. I know wwe.com is reporting that Batista will face Cena for the title at Wrestlemania, but I could see Vince screwing him out oif his title shot again. I like an ending that leaves me wanting more. I want to know where this angle is going.

Will Vince(temporarily) screw Cena out of his title opportunity?

Why did Batista low blow Cena, allowing him the shot into the match in the first place?

How will Cena respond to Batista's brutal beatdown?

What will Bret have to say? I know Vince said he was contemplating giving Bret a shot at Wrestlemania. Will Bret come out and acknowledge he set up the car accident, himself, knowing Vince would gloat over it?

These are all questions I want to see answered, and the end of Raw accomplished all of that. Whether it's a match, or an angle, leaaving me wanting more and anticipating next week is what I want from my Raw ending. They accomplished that big time tonight. That's what I want.

i think that the low blow probably was gonna happen, but after Batista was outmatched by Cena. Unfortunately with the power outage the match was basically thrown out and Batista had to go to the ending immediately and make it up as he went along with it

I agree with all those who say that the low blow shoul've come after a good 10-15 minute match. But the concept is good! a Great lead-in to WM. I'm anxious to see if they'll keep the gold on Batista at Mania. I hope so, a good Cena-Batista feud leading to SummerSlam would be good ending in some kind of crazy match, Steel Cage, HIAC, Last Mand Standing or a good ol' fashioned Street Fight. We'll see! should be interesting!

If they had a 10 minute match, it would have taken away from their match at WrestleMania. C'mon guys, that's an easy one.

How do I like my program endings? Well, I'm kind of getting tired of the "omg, we're in silence because everything that happens is automatically the worst thing we've ever seen" bit, and I'm kind of tired of the guy that will lose at the ppv having the upper hand on the Raw/Smackdown before the event as even though it makes them look bad to lose twice, it's just too frequent. Ideally, I want things to make sense, push a storyline further, and be changed up every now and then. When's the last time Raw or Smackdown ended with action still taking place, rather than the ring being cleared and someone standing on top? When's the last time we had the ending be something confusing in a legitimate type of way, rather than in a "why did they do that" way?

I don't mind how my Raw's end because I usually fall asleep before the main event anyway. Last night, for instance, they let me know right off the bat that Cena and Batista would be the main event, so I no longer had any incentive to stay up that late. If I had to answer how I would like for them to end assuming I stay awake, I would like to see a match, preferably 10-15 minutes long involving at least one superstar I enjoy watching, which usually means I'm watching either TNA or Smackdown.

As long as the ending has me wanting to watch next week or keeps me interested it doesn't matter what kind of ending it is. And I disagree (respectfully) with those of you who said there should have been a 10-15 minute match before the low blow. I think the way it was down goes perfectly with how Batasta's character is being portrayed. Cocky, arrogant, and basically doing whatever he wants. I, for one am loving what they are doing with Batista and find myself enjoying him on tv for the first time since the Evolution days.

Why did Batista low blow Cena, allowing him the shot into the match in the first place?
It's like i said, i think Batista, later of course, will explain that he wants to face Cena so he can get him out of the spotlight because he (Batista) craves and is addicted to the spotlight and needs to be in it more than John Cena. And i also disagree with having a 15 minute match. Batista vs. John Cena happened what, one time only??? How would a 15 minute match look when these two face either other at Mania?? I didn't want a 15 minute match with Batista and Cena when they fight at Wrestlemania, i wanted either Sheamus vs. Cena or what we saw which was Batista low blowing Cena and ending the match when it started, It keeps the match fresh because it only happened one time and it plays Batista as a monster heel who seems to really want to hurt Cena.

People are forgetting that by having Cena and Batista put on a 10/15 min main event it will take away from their WM match, and the fans won't want to pay to see that match as much as they should because they saw it just a few weeks ago.
WWE is getting/keeping the fans interested, and are making fans want to watch Cena beat Batista and get his revenge, and the idea is that the fans will pay for WM to watch that. It's called a selling point.
I liked the ending and thought it developed the storyline nicely, I want to see what happens next week now far more than if Cena had beaten Batista cleanly to get his title match. I'd rather see that every week, i.e. developing a fued/storyline than just a good quality wrestling match that doesn't really leave you wanting to tune in next week for more as such.

MODERATOR'S COMMENTS:

Guys, please stay on topic. This is not a thread to be used for reviewing last night's episode of Raw. We already have a thread in place for that. Please stay on the original poster's topic.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back