How do you give DEAN AMBROSE his spotlight?

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
The Shield as the 3 man destroyer/enforcer group are finished as it is. Yes, Reigns and Ambrose remain on the same page, but Rollins seems to now be firmly onto his solo run of sorts going forward and has the spotlight firmly placed on him.

As fans, the majority of us are in agreement that all 3 of these guys are Main Event material for the long run once handled as they have been for much of their time since debut at Survivor Series 2012.

-----------
Now, I have asked the question of how do you give Dean Ambrose the spotlight?

Many might say that his time as the virtually inactive US Champion was his spotlight, however, whilst it may have highlighted him slightly, lMO, that was more of a midcard type spotlight than the kinds that his teammates(or mate and former mate) have been given.

----------
Roman Reigns had his Survivor Series 2013 and Royal Rumble 2014 showings which got him over with the fans and put him firmly as the main guy in the group. Also with the rumour of a Triple H vs Roman Reigns match at SummerSlam, it seems inevitable that Reigns will have even more time in the spotlight coming up.

Then, with the dissension teased, Rollins was given a little spotlight, and then, with his high flying style, the subsequent full babyface turn before WM30, also gave him his time in the sun. However, his latest act of betraying his trusted 'brothers' has placed him firmly in the Main Event doorway and he has been the talk of the WWE due to his action.

----------
That leaves Dean Ambrose, who is quite clearly the best mic worker of the three, and his in-ring work is also quite impressive as well. Many have seen him as a future Top Heel if handled properly with his lunatic type style.

Many of us(including myself) expect him to have a heel turn before SummerSlam comes in order to stack the deck against Roman Reigns going into that PPV.

However, is such a move really going to benefit Ambrose like it did Rollins?? I can't see that happening,tbh.

Also, the fact that constant comparison is made of the 3 guys, wouldn't it be better to have an Ambrose Heel Turn later on down the road??

Just maybe keep Roman Reigns and Ambrose himself as a 2-man Power Trip type team until later on during the year, where a turn can happen when least expected??

Personally, whilst an Ambrose Heel Turn taking place in the next month might seem logical given the rumoured programme for SummerSlam, I don't think it would give Ambrose the type of spotlight his partners have obviously been afforded.

Rather, giving him a spotlight through a heel turn around Survivor Series 2014, would be "Best for Business" going forward if WWE wants all 3 of the Shield guys to become bonafide Main Eventers going forward.

Short answer: You don't.

Long answer: Dean Ambrose is easily the most overrated Superstar getting any attention right now. He's a mediocre worker, his animations and emotions are far too cartoonish, and his mic skills have indy fed written all over them. Really, they made him US Champ, and there just wasn't any way to book him defending it that made sense.

The thing that he DOES have going for him is that he's spastic, and people appreciate someone that's a loose cannon, but only briefly. His singles career is going to be sad, and that's why he was not selected to be the heel that broke the Shield, Rollins was.

Of the original Shield, Rollins was the best on the mic and overall wrestling skill, and Reigns has the look and is second best in the ring. Ambrose was at the very very bottom in mic work and ring work. He just fit the psychological position that was needed for that specific stable.

It's pretty simple. You give Rollins and Ambrose their own feud, away from Triple H and Roman Reigns. Rollins uses his connections to ambush Ambrose. Give him a really brutal beat down, like Triple H gave Bryan just before Wrestlemania. Ambrose gives an impassioned promo in response.

Ambrose's two biggest strengths as a face as 1) his promos and 2) his selling as a sympathetic babyface, like he's showed against the Wyatts and Evolution. You let him use those to attributes, and let Rollins carry the in-ring work, I don't see why both guys can't get over as major upper midcard singles talents. Maybe even main eventers, if it goes really well.

As fans, the majority of us are in agreement that all 3 of these guys are Main Event material for the long run once handled as they have been for much of their time since debut at Survivor Series 2012.

I don't know about that. These guys have barely sniffed singles feuds let alone singles matches as it is. Declaring all three main eventers is pretty bold. The Shield was terrific in their multi man matches and when cutting team promos most of the time but being a singles main eventer is a far cry from that.

-----------

I'm not sure if you do give him the spotlight. Right now the money appears to be in Reigns. Problem is Reigns seems to lack the chops to carry a feud. This is where Ambrose's greatest strength lies. He can play manager/second fiddle to Reigns. Punk out anyone that Reigns is facing and pump up Reigns' abilities while Reigns can stick to 30 second quotes from Jim Croce songs.

When Reigns is ready to be his own man, finds someone else to carry him on the mic, or fails is when I would give Ambrose his time. His options are endless. He can basically play the same unstable character as a heel or face. He can lose and use his instability as a crutch to keep himself as a threat to anyone that crosses his path. At some point he is going to have to get a big win or two over a high level talent but Ambrose has the time and character to drag that out. Winning a title is certainly not important.

But gun to my head I push him as a face. Unlike Rollins, he is too entertaining to get over as a heel in front of the short attention span smarks. Give him consistent wins over low card talent. When he is sent out to lose, make his losses due to his own crazy undoing. That is a story in itself. In the end he thrives by embracing his own insanity instead of doing the sensible thing and becoming a normal person.

Throw in cameos by Jake the Snake and Dr. Shelby and you can fill three months of story telling.

You need to keep him away from Reigns/Rollins once the feud is over. Have him face Rollins at SummerSlam while Reigns faces Triple H and then put him into the Intercontinental picture. I strongly believe that these 3 guys are the future of WWE, I just don't think they will all be on the same level. Reigns is being set up as the next Hogan/Rock/Cena while you could say Rollins is being set up as somewhat of a Stone Cold/CM Punk mix. Ambrose can eventually find himself in the main event picture as well but there's no rush.

My opinion that Rollins has always been top notch. Ambrose looks Attitude era where he can pull of hardcore/ruthless aggression style. Always been paused with Reigns, he's risky. Might pull of a few main event with Triple H but after that ? Tell me.. Rollins and Ambrose will go places. #FACT

I don't think there's a problem when it comes to Ambrose getting the spotlight. I enjoy him on the mic, he definitely has an overall stronger sense of psychology and the importance mannerisms, facial expressions and body language can play during promos or storytelling during a match. His match against Bray Wyatt last night, for instance, was a great physical showing that coupled all those features with some intense action.

The more I see Ambrose & Rollins in singles matches, the more I'm becoming convinced that they're infinitely stronger all around than Roman Reigns. That's not to say that Reigns isn't getting over or that he's terrible, but he's obviously not as strong in the ring or on the mic as Ambrose & Rollins. He's come a long way over the past couple of years, though he's still somewhat limited in terms of his character. Maybe that'll change as time goes by.

Ultimately, if WWE just keeps doing what they're doing with Ambrose, there won't be any problem putting the spotlight on him if/when he goes solo. Maybe cut back just a little bit on the quirky mannerisms and jack up the intensity just a bit.

Once Regins and Ambrose slowly go their separate ways, Dean Ambrose will be a perfect contender for the IC title, Which is the main reason he was sent to Bray Wyatt to lose.

They wanted to make him look good verse a contender in case they need to bring him to the world title picture, but he is better suited to take the IC title from Barrett and then have Ambrose and Rollins feud for it.

Once Regins and Ambrose slowly go their separate ways, Dean Ambrose will be a perfect contender for the IC title, Which is the main reason he was sent to Bray Wyatt to lose.

They wanted to make him look good verse a contender in case they need to bring him to the world title picture, but he is better suited to take the IC title from Barrett and then have Ambrose and Rollins feud for it.

If that's what they're doing, then they had a perfect chance to kick off the Barrett/Ambrose feud last night on SmackDown. I know Ambrose was "banned" from ringside, but when has that ever really stopped anyone? Barrett wasn't a part of the post-match beatdown, but he could've been. Have Barrett and 3MB beating Reigns, Ambrose comes down, gets on Barrett, chases him off, THEN Reigns takes care of 3MB. I guess they wanted us to think Ambrose was getting a shot at MitB, but that could've been the perfect set-up to have Barrett cost Ambrose the match. Let's be honest, pretty much everyone knows that it doesn't matter who enters MitB, it's gonna either be Cena or Orton who wins. I hope that if Barrett does put his title up against Ambrose, that they actually give us a reason to care about why. I personally would love to see those two face off for the IC title, Ambrose wins it by Battleground, and hopefully Barrett steps up to the main event level, and they keep us invested in the Shield's beef with Rollins long enough to have Ambrose/Rollins for the IC belt at Summerslam.

THE BEST WAY OF GIVING AMBROSE A PUSH OR A SPOTLIGHT AS MENTIONED, LET ME TELL YOU, THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO MAKE A SUPERSTAR LIKE AMBROSE GET A SPOTLIGHT, LET ME EXPLAIN YOU

1: DEAN AND REIGNS ARE BETTER THAN EVER BUT ROLLINS GETS IN DEAN´S WAY AND REIGNS IS OUT OF THIS, DEAN GETS HIS OWN FEUD WITH SETH, THE ARCHITECT AMBUSHES DEAN AND THEN AMBROSE USES HIS PROMO ABILITY, THEN AT SUMMERSLAM IT IS AMBROSE VS ROLLINS AND REIGNS VS TRIPLE H.

2: HE TURNS HEEL, TURNS THE BACK ON REIGN WICH COULD MAKE A TRIPLE THREAT FEUD BETWEEN THE 3 MEMBERS OF THE SHIELD, ROLLINS SCREWING BOTH REIGNS AND AMBROSE, REIGNS USES HIS IN RING POWERHOUSE ATTITUDE, AND DEAN PLAYS MINDGAMES AND PROMOS LIKE A PSYCOPATH TO THEM, THAT WOULD HIGLIGHT HIM.

NOW LEAVING HYPOTHESIS AWAY, ALL THREE MEMBERS OR EXMEMBERS OF THE SHIELD WILL GET SEVERAL PUSHES DURING THEIR LONG RUN THROUGH WWE, BUT WWE HAS GIVEN PRIORITY TO GIVE THE PUSHES TO ROLLINS (GIVING HIM A HEEL TURN OVER THEM) AND THEN REIGNS MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE THE MOST POWERFUL IN RING SUPERSTAR BEATING GUYS LIKE BIG E, CESARO, SWAGGER, AND OTHER POWERHOUSES OF WWE INCLUDING NAMES LIKE CENA, BATISTA ORTON AND TRIPLE H. LEAVING AMBROSE BEHIND.

WHEN THE SHIELD FIRST APPEARED AT SURVIVOR SERIES 2012, AMBROSE CAME IN LIKE A LEADER FOR THE FACTION, AS A MATTER OF FACT HE WAS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR A PUSH IN THAT TIME BUT WITH THE TIME WE SAW THE OTHER SIDES OF THE SHIELD, THOSE BEING REIGNS AND ROLLINS, THAT AND THE INACTIVE US CHAMPIONSHIP REIGN MADE PEOPLE DOUBT ABOUT HIS IN RING CAPABILITY, NO ONE DOUBTED ABOUT HIS MIC SKILLS, HE IS A GREAT TALKER AND HIS PSYCO GIMMICK MADE HIM A GREAT WRESTLER FOR BUSINNESS OF COURSE.

BUT NOW THE QUESTION IS WHEN WOULD A DEANAMBROSE SPOTLIGHT WOULD BE "BEST FOR BUSINNESS".

Ambrose is the bright example of someone who can get over simply by talking on the mic. Even if that's not enough, there are other ways to make him shine as a singles competitor without pushing him hard. One thing that sticks out to me about Dean is that signature he does, where he goes between the ropes and comes out with the clothesline. I believe he needs to be in action a bit more so that people get along with that signature, because quite frankly, it looks awesome. It is a clothesline that looks brutal somehow, but it also has great psychology in it, in the way that "you punch me, but I bounce back and boom".

With that said, what do you do if you wanna push him hard? I would like to see him pushed hard as soon as possible. Actually, as soon as people get along with him in the ring as far as reactions go. People are already sold on him when he talks, he just needs to get to the next level with his ring work now. When that happens, maybe in 1 or 2 months, they can push him hard and I know that Dean will not fail anyone.

Thing is, all 3 Shield members need to get pushed and Roman is the weak link as far as overall ability goes. He has the look but lacks mic skills and in ring skills. He is not bad, but he has a long way to go if he wants to get on top and this is why they gotta use their resources (Dean / Seth / Orton / HHH) to get him to improve. This means that Dean won't be given such a hard push because Roman will need it, since the Shield is hot right now.

As soon as Reigns finally emerges as a solo star, Dean can finally get his own hard push, but they don't want to delay it a lot. It should happen by the end of this year. The good thing with Dean is that he can definitely hold his own and make people want to watch him, which means that he can buy some time to keep people interested in him, even as a mid-carder.

With all those said, here is my answer: Before Summerslam, Dean goes against Seth. Seth wins dirty. In the meanwhile, Reigns goes over Orton. At Summerslam, Dean goes against Seth again, where he wins clean this time. At that time, we get HHH vs Reigns. Depending on the quality of the program, Seth vs Dean can continue, adding more stipulations as they go. Title shots are a good thing, they can even tear the house down with HiaC matches or TLC matches. In my fantasy world, I would like them to have a 5-6 months old school booking, go through every stage imaginable etc. By Survivor Series, Reigns should be over enough to not need all the resources being on him, which means that finally Seth and Dean can go their separate ways, where Dean gets his own push.

There are problems with this, mainly how do you fit HHH, Orton, Cena, Wyatt, and of course Bryan, Lesnar and possible even Punk/Cesaro/Jericho and all those names. That's the "problem" with the Shield. You want to push all 3 guys, because they are all talented, but that might happen at the expense of others. We will see how it plays out, but bottom line is that Reigns should be pushed first to take advantage of all the momentum, while Seth and Dean have a hot feud to keep them interesting. As soon as Reigns gets completely over solo, you can have Seth and Dean get their own big push.

Have Dean Ambrose cut a promo on the next Raw saying how much he hates Rollins, etc. Next have him turn on Reigns in the same Raw episode by hitting him in the head with a Kendo Stick at the end of their tag match with who ever putting Reigns out with a concussion. Then develop Ambrose's gimmick as a more Cannibal diabolical serial killer, rapist type. Do not let him join the new evolution as that is not his purpose for turning. Also, have a WWE superstar or DIVA disappear every RAW with Ambrose being the prime suspect. Thats a high spotlight and refreshing new angle with the WWE allowed it.

The Shield as the 3 man destroyer/enforcer group are finished as it is. Yes, Reigns and Ambrose remain on the same page, but Rollins seems to now be firmly onto his solo run of sorts going forward and has the spotlight firmly placed on him.

-----------

Many might say that his time as the virtually inactive US Champion was his spotlight, however, whilst it may have highlighted him slightly, lMO, that was more of a midcard type spotlight than the kinds that his teammates(or mate and former mate) have been given.

----------
Roman Reigns had his Survivor Series 2013 and Royal Rumble 2014 showings which got him over with the fans and put him firmly as the main guy in the group. Also with the rumour of a Triple H vs Roman Reigns match at SummerSlam, it seems inevitable that Reigns will have even more time in the spotlight coming up.

Then, with the dissension teased, Rollins was given a little spotlight, and then, with his high flying style, the subsequent full babyface turn before WM30, also gave him his time in the sun. However, his latest act of betraying his trusted 'brothers' has placed him firmly in the Main Event doorway and he has been the talk of the WWE due to his action.

----------
That leaves Dean Ambrose, who is quite clearly the best mic worker of the three, and his in-ring work is also quite impressive as well. Many have seen him as a future Top Heel if handled properly with his lunatic type style.

Many of us(including myself) expect him to have a heel turn before SummerSlam comes in order to stack the deck against Roman Reigns going into that PPV.

However, is such a move really going to benefit Ambrose like it did Rollins?? I can't see that happening,tbh.

Also, the fact that constant comparison is made of the 3 guys, wouldn't it be better to have an Ambrose Heel Turn later on down the road??

Just maybe keep Roman Reigns and Ambrose himself as a 2-man Power Trip type team until later on during the year, where a turn can happen when least expected??

Personally, whilst an Ambrose Heel Turn taking place in the next month might seem logical given the rumoured programme for SummerSlam, I don't think it would give Ambrose the type of spotlight his partners have obviously been afforded.

Rather, giving him a spotlight through a heel turn around Survivor Series 2014, would be "Best for Business" going forward if WWE wants all 3 of the Shield guys to become bonafide Main Eventers going forward.

I'd say keep booking him the way he's being booked. This is probably the first time in his WWE career, creative has focused on putting him in a high profile feud.

I expect his match with Rollins to be great at MITB, maybe even a rematch at Battleground.

I'm hoping he feuds with somebody like Orton just to see how he measures against one of the best in the company while Reigns face HHH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back