• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Big of a Wrestling Dork Are You?

CDoherty

Occasional Pre-Show
How big of a wrestling dork are you? Just curious about the other guys who come to the forum, there is sooo much f'n wrestling on nowdays, with more coming, how much do you actually watch?

Getting older I don't watch as much as I used to, back in the day I was a hardcore fan trying to watch everything I could. I'm 25, and have been watching since I can remember watching TV.

Now I either read the results or on WWE.com I watch the parts of Smackdown or Raw I'm actually interested, usually a match or two. I wish TNA.com would make it as easy to watch there show online. I can't remember actually watch a full wrestling show on cable in years.

I ordered the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania every year no matter what and watch them. What's funny is when I get them some buddies or family come over and watch, and actually more show up at the Rumble, even people not wrestling fans usually like it.

I used to do the same with Bound for Glory but that year with AJ vs. Sting (Maybe Stings last match, yeah sure) pissed me off so bad I quick ordering that. I would say every once in a while I order a PPV, but honestly I think I order one other PPV from WWE and one from TNA each in the last like 3-4 years.

how about you?

I consider myself more of a wrestling junkie. I could watch any wrestling's promotion worth of footage for hours. I even watch Mexican and Japanese wrestling even if I don't know of the talent in the ring. Maybe I am one of the last breeds that just enjoys wrestling and quality storylines.

Getting older and older eats away at wrestling time.

I still watch most WWE programming and most PPV's.

I stopped watching TNA after Hogan/Bischoff and they lost the 6-sided ring. I read results sometimes but could honestly care less.

I don't watch ROH much anymore, between lack of time and lack of interest in the talent now. Dragon Gate is a different style but I haven't seen much. What I've seen of Prime Wrestling is good. Only watched a coiple NWA Hollywood matches w/Colt Cabana. CHAKARA can be funny, but I have barely seen much.

I would like to see a bigger surge in the Independents. Atleast WWE seems to be picking up good indie talent.

I'm a weird case. I was just a casual fan when I was a kid and teenager. In my late teens I became a huge fan. Now I try to watch one hour of Raw and at least one segment of Smackdown every week. I always try to look for the new fun thing in wrestling. I downloaded last years Wrestlekingdom, I trying to download this year's Triplemania. I'm kinda bored with WWE and TNA. ROH is just good for the occasional 4.5 or 5 star match.

When I was a casual wrestling fan the RR was my favorite PPV as well. It's fast paced, you get see all the wrestlers, no 2 minute of CM Punk holding Bryan in some lame submission hold...you know, it's action non stop.

I watch Raw, SD!, and TNA but I don't ever have enough time for anything else. I'm kind of a historian of sorts on WWE. I like to look up old wrestlers and events that I didn't get to see because either I was too young to see it, or I wasn't born yet.

Back in the day (mid-late 90's) it was all WCW and WWF with a little ECW (once my cable company started airing their shows). Also had one of those cheater boxes back then so I was able to watch all the ppv's starting in 95-96, then back again from 98-02.

After that I still watched and continue to watch Raw and Smackdown. There was a theater that played the ppv's so we would go there and after that we would go to a bar that showed ppv's. Starting around 2008, I started to order the big ppv's and other ppv's that had big cards (like MITB 2011) and would find feeds for the lesser ppv's and deal with the lower quality.

I have also gotten into alot of the WWE releases of old school matches and events. I usually pick up the dvd's of the superstars I like/liked and also picked up all the anthologies they released. It's always a great feeling when I have nothing to do to just pop in something like the 97 Rumble to relieve my past and kill a few hours.

Been a wrestling fan for 25 years, and I am a pretty big dork lol. I watch both Raw and Smackdown. I watch TNA and ROH also, and will seach youtube for stuff we don't get on tv. I have a whole wrestling room in my house with a belt, pictures, and all my dvds. I have a huge collection. I haven't gotten as many ppvs becasue I just had a kid and money is tight, but I get Royal Rumble and Mania. Usually I get one in the summer to. Wrestling is definitely my number one hobby and it definitely shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back