Houston Region, SF Subregion: First Round: (3) Randy Savage vs. (30) MVP

Who Wins This Match

• Randy Savage

• MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Cow Palace in San Francisco, California.

Cow%20Palace.jpg

#3 Randy Savage

1.jpg

Vs.

#30 MVP

mvp.JPG

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Well, on the one hand, I got almost zero enjoyment out of Randy Savage's 3-disc DVD boxet. On the other hand, I got almost zero enjoyment from the entirety of MVP's WWE career. What's a girl to do?

I suppose, under such difficult circumstances, I'll just have to go for the default choice. That's Randy Savage, in case you were wondering. Multi-time champion, legend, yadda yadda yadda. You know the drill.

MVP may be one of the single worst wrestlers ever to step foot inside a WWE ring. I mean there are a lot of shit wrestlers in the WWE, but none moreso than him. The speed at which he performed his moves was equivalent to the speed at which my 85 year old grandfather hobbles out of his recliner. There isn't much more that I can say about him. He sucks.

Savage on the other hand, well Sam said basically took everything there is to say. Here's a nice video for you all to enjoy.

MVP's good, but Randy Savage is a legend. Nothing MVP ever does in his career is going to amount to even half of what Randy Savage has already done. Randy Savage would have been a WWE Hall of Famer three times over if he wanted to.

MVP is the epitome of generic. His music is generic, his gimmick is generic, his costume is generic, and especially, his ring-work is generic. There were a million just like him before him, and there will be a million more.

There's no reason to not vote for Randy Savage here. MVP was solid in the ring and had some very enjoyable moments throughout his decent WWE career. The Macho Man, on the other hand, had so many incredible moments and was so outstanding in the ring that the fact that WWE was able to squeeze his legendary career onto a 3 DVD set is nothing short of a miracle of biblical proportions.

MVP's saving grace in his matches was his athleticism, and while he wasn't quite Jack Swagger or Shelton Benjamin in the wrestling athleticism department he was still quite agile and strong. Savage was faster, Savage was stronger, and Savage was much more intelligent in the ring than MVP.

So do the right thing and vote for The Macho Man.

This is one match that truly isn't close. On one side, we have Randy Savage, a man who would be one of the most popular guys in the history of the business if it weren't for Hulk Hogan constantly stealing his spotlight. On the other end, we have a man with little in ring ability, a bad gimmick, and was future endeavorered after just over 4 years. When you pit a legend against a nobody, you can't expect anything less than a squash.

The reason you should vote for The Macho King is 3 words: HIS RAP CAREER.

Macho King raps, well I have his whole album, bought it for $2.99 at my local 99 cent store. Best 3 bux I ever spent. The Macho King was and still is one of the most entertaining promo men of all time, and for that he makes it past MVP. I liked MVP when he came in, but good God man, you got more stale than bread thats out of the package for a week.

Yeah no reason to vote for MVP here. Randy Savage is a all around better wrestler in every aspect. More versatile, more charismatic, definitely more enjoyable to watch, and he even wasn't afraid to get hardcore sometimes.

Ooh Yeah! Macho man wins.

Savage by a landslide. What has MVP accomplished in the wrestling business besides a few US title reigns and a feud with Matt Hardy. Savage is a legend and one of the most recognizable faces in the history of the sport. He oozes charisma and was a joy to watch, especially his King Macho stuff. Also, how can anyone vote against a man who made a rap album with a dis-track on it towards the Hulkster. Good stuff right there.

MVP was decent and could go in the ring; however, he wasn't booked to be anything greater than a midcarder. From what I remember, not only did all of his heavyweight title fueds end in failure, but he actually came out looking quite weak.

Savage was anything but a midcarder; he was huge everywhere he went, his popularity was so potent that it even spawned a knock off in TNA in the form of Jay Lethal. At one point in time he was even considered the Randy Orton to Hogan's John Cena. This match is definitely Savage's...

Yeah, easy win for Savage. Savage was a world champion in two companies. MVP was a US Champion in one, and got made to look like a loser by Matt Hardy. Being made to look a loser by Matt Hardy is no mean feat, but its not sufficient to make you beat Randy Savage, obviously. Savage wins.

MVP is the epitome of failure. He came on very strong in his heel character, but he fell flatter than Tara Reid's chest. He spent a couple of years as a glorified jobber, than he got cut.... at his own request? Why the fuck would you leave the biggest wrestling company in the world when it's very clear that you can't amount to anything? Sorry, but Savage isn't going to lose to someone that damn stupid. I'd vote for Jay Lethal over MVP at this point.

I couldn't in good conscience vote for MVP over Randy Savage. That's just absurd. Savage is an absolute legend in the states while MVP was dull in the biggest company in the west. But in the east, Porter Montel (rather than "MVP") is a budding legend. The man's Yakuza kick is a thing of future puro lore. The man is competing in something the Japanese call a "tournament" in the near future, a grueling marathon sure to prove the in-ring worth of Porter Montel. Knowing that Japan breeds the best talents in the world, it's impossible to resist the charm of future legend Porter Montel over someone as American as Savage.

Vote for Porter "MVP" Montel!!

I don't think many people would choose MVP over Leaping Lanny Poffo much less the more successful Poffo.

MVP is decent, but nowhere near Macho Man. Oh well, every tournament has that one squash match and this is it.

Savage equals under rated as wrestler and one of the best mic workers in the busness ever. He has been out of it for at least 10 years but yet he still gets immatations all the time. Randy Savage would squash the over-rated shit that is MVP. And believe that.

Savage in a landslide. MVP wasn't even entertaining to watch, and only mildly okay to listen to. But even that got old too fast.

MVP had to compete in a feud against Matt Hardy in over a year. And it was one Hardy almost always got the upper hand in. Yet they still continued it. Savage has defeated guys like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan (I'm sure, somewhere), etc, etc.. this is just another one of those situations where the match-up proves mis-matched from one guy to the other and it shouldn't be, but it is.

Randy Savage by an absolute landslide.

Name me one MVP match that rivals any of Savage's multiple classics. Give me any achievements of MVP's that compare with Macho's accomplishments. Give me any reason to vote for a man whose greatest move is pretending to take a basketball shot in the middle of a match.....No? Nothing?

Randy Savage. End of.

A sub 3-minute squash match, with Macho mimicking the "ballin" pose on the top rope before crushing MVP with the elbow drop and then getting the 3 count

Even posting an argument for why Savage should go over here is a waste of my time and yours. You all know Savage's resume. You all know he should go to the quarterfinals of this tournament at the VERY LEAST. And you all know that "ballin'" cannot compare to Macho Madness.

Yep... Savage take a leak, a drop splashes off the bowl, hits MVP, and he dies.

MVP can't hold a candle to what Randy Savage can do in the ring and out of it. Savage is a man possessed to beat you down until you stay down, his quickness and intensity is practically unparalleled, and he has a bit of technical abilities to match up with the likes of Flair, Bret or Benoit.

MVP only has his United States title reign and it was pretty shit compared to Randy's WWE championship reign. Porter as a whole wasn't entertaining with his "Baller" gimmick.

My vote: Randy "Macho Man" Savage

I can't believe that 4 people threw their vote away on MVP. MVP's biggest claim to fame at this point will probably be his exceptionally long run as WWE United States Champion, not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that, but it is when you consider who he's up against.

Randy Savage is superior to MVP, VASTLY superior at that, in every meaningful way. There's are reasons why Savage is a revered, beloved legend and MVP is currently heading down the road to mediocrity.

I had to give my vote for Savage. Granted, MVP was mostly style and little substance. He did have a pretty good feud with Benoit that led to some good matches. Sadly, his never ending feud with Hardy, ugh, that's like beating a dead horse. You just want it to end so you can do away with the carcass. Back to Savage.

But Savage, he was a very colorful personality in and out of the ring. His matches always left people wanting more. One of the major ones that stands out, is his classic match against Ricky Steamboat at Pontiac Silverdome at WM 3. It ended up crushing Steamboat's layrnx. Not 1, not 2, but 19 two-counts later, Steamboat walks away the IC champion, and yet, both of them hug it out in the ring. That's a class act of a guy. He had many main event feuds with such greats like Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, just about anybody you can name, he's been there, done that.

But what ultimately led to a mass love and still has the pop culture vote, was the relationship that blossomed between him and Miss Elizabeth. Even wrestling stars who may not have even been old enough to watch some of those episodes back then still know that timeline of that relationship, and what Randy Savage/Elizabeth is all about. They know he is one bad ass guy. The world got to watch the relationship bloom on the air, and as he even proposed to her. Then it was broadcast on "The Match Made In Heaven." Their tv wedding is so iconic that even TNA had to try to copy it with their junior versions, and try to get some of the originals to be a part of it. Hello, if that doesn't show you who deserves to win this, then I don't know what does.

This is one of the firmest beat downs I have seen matched up so far this year. Granted, I might run across one worse, but to this point, I think this match is an absolute thrashing. Eric Young lasts longer versus Orton, than MVP does against Savage.

Not only is Randy Savage in another league compared to MVP. He is honestly in another league against most. MVP has zero advantages in this match, and is pretty outdone in every aspect a match up can be broken down into.

Whether Savage was Heel or Face, same goes for MVP, Savage wins this match clean, with the Big Elbow and never looks back. MVP is shit and should feel lucky to even be allowed to compete in a 3 minute squash match versus "The Macho Man".

Savage in a massive landslide!

Had I been more punctual in this one and voted on time, I would have made the Macho Man's decisive victory even more lopsided. I always really liked MVP and I wish his WWE run could have lasted a little bit longer, as a heel rather than the ineffective face he morphed into. But he would be absolutely no match for the legendary Randy Savage. Savage simply had a better presence, better in ring skills, better mic work with far more natural charisma. The Macho Man in this one with no problem whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back