Houston Region, SF Subregion: First Round: (14) Bruiser Brody vs. (19) Daniel Bryan

Who Wins This Match

• Bruiser Brody

• Daniel Bryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Cow Palace in San Francisco, California.

Cow%20Palace.jpg

#14 Bruiser Brody

26py2.jpg

Vs.

#19 Daniel Bryan

Daniel-Bryan-wwe-superstar-2.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Well since I'm the first one to comment on this, I'm going to side with The Bruiser. Bruiser Brody implemented the "hardcore" style and had he made it to have a longer career, he'd be an everyday name for one of the best of all time. Bruiser Brody beats Daniel Bryan after some hardcore items are brought into the fray.

A shame people actually think Daniel Bryan is better than Bruiser Brody. But I'm the 17th vote in the thread, and only the first post (when I first started typing). I think that pretty much covers why people are voting for Daniel Bryan: because they don't have the first damn clue.

There is NOTHING Daniel Bryan can say he's better at than Bruiser Brody, unless it's boring people. Brody was a better worker, a better character, more believable, a draw so much bigger it's laughable to compare, a multi-time World/Heavyweight champion, and legitimate main-eventer. Hell, if they were to have met in a match, Bryan would be jobbing inside of 4 minutes to Brody. Oh, and get this IWC, he actually DIED during his wrestling career. That should be the clinching matter for the IWC, Brody died during his career.

There, now I dare ANYONE to refute that argument.

This is a match where I BEG people to look some stuff up before they make their vote.

Brody was the Attitude Era before the Attitude Era began. This guy was NUTS. The Best Brawler Award from the WON is named in his honor. He was incredibly violent and always viewed as a special attraction in the form of a journeyman. As far as actual in ring work would go, take a look at what Bryan has done against monsters. The best example I can give you in WWE is Sheamus. What did the Irishman do to him there? He ran Bryan over. Brody would do the same and then sprinkle the pieces of Bryan on his pizza.

Research this one before you vote. You really should.

Actually, KB, Bryan is 1-1 with Sheamus. I know, I thought they'd fought more times too, but apparently not. But hey, a tiebreaker at WrestleMania doesn't sound half bad.

I'm tempted to vote Daniel Bryan on the basis that he's had more significance to me than Brody ever has; to the point that he's half the reason I carried on watching wrestling through 2010. I know, I think I sound like a twat as well.

However, I know there are those around here - or there were - that somewhat worship Bryan Danielson for his indy career and I'd quite like to hear from them. For once.

My vote goes to Brody, no contest.

I know Sam mentioned significance, but come on, the only reason you're not hearing Brody's name on par w/Hogan's these days is because his career was ended very prematurely and very disturbingly. Before that, he had made a name for not bending to the wills of the promoters and taking himself to Japan where he became as big of a name as any of the locals, i.e. Inoki.

Brody was a legend in Japan, as well as somebody in high demand in the States. He was a legitimate tough guy and was very talented for a big, scary s.o.b. Hell, Bryan has lost cleanly to both Sheamus (who is a similar size and "gimmick" as Brody) and even the Miz (who I don't think anybody would see Brody jobbing to).

Quite simply, Bryan would be relegated to squash jobber in a match against Brody. Hell, if Brody wasn't so crazy and scary looking, we'd probably all be remembering the legacy of Brodymania as opposed to the other version of this popular wrestling moniker.

I hate Bruiser Brody. I think he was shit, totally unprofessional and boring. There's a reason he was a journeyman, and it's because he was a prick. That being said, you only get so many chances in big promotions if you've got something to show for it. If Dainelson was to fight Brody, he would lose. Bryan has pretty much gone with his level in all of his matches to date. That is to say he has lost to bigger names, whilst winning against lesser lights, one anomaly against Miz aside. Brody is at least as big a name as Sheamus and John Morrison, and I think he'd go over Daniel Bryan. I really won't give a toss when he inevitably loses here though.

My vote goes to Bryan Danielson.

I have sympathy for the way Bruiser Brody's life was taken, but wrestling has changed and as stated above he was "An Attitude Era before the Attitude Era!"

I am not a big fan of the Attitude Era.

As a wrestling fan, I have never watched a full match of Bruiser Brody's, I only know of him from what I've been told. And even from what I was told, and have read isn't that great.

I've been a fan of Bryan Danielson since 2004. I have many ROH DVD's and he is included in almost all, I was for him going to WWE and even there I think he's doing a great job.

People want to know what the attraction is to Danielson? He's a fucking awesome wrestler. He makes wrestling real. I've seen him live and he is the real deal. His WWE gimmick is capilitizing on the mistakes of others.

Did Chris Benoit have much of a gimmick? No. He was just a great wrestler.

My vote goes firmly to "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson/ Daniel Bryan.

Oh, and get this IWC, he actually DIED during his wrestling career. That should be the clinching matter for the IWC, Brody died during his career.
If I hadn't already voted for Bryan, I'd vote for him now simply because I feel more condescended to than usual.

I voted for Bryan since I've watched enough of both men to know I enjoy spending time watching one and not the other. I also know that Bryan wouldn't have pulled the bitch move that Brody did with Luger, which affects the "degree of cuntiness" factor which is going to keep me from voting for people like Shawn Michaels for most of this thing.

I implore people not to take what our learned, scholarly administrator has to say at face value. Go watch some Brody. Once you realize how unpalatable that shit is in 2011, then you should come back and make an informed vote for Bryan.

My vote goes to Bryan Danielson.

I have sympathy for the way Bruiser Brody's life was taken, but wrestling has changed and as stated above he was "An Attitude Era before the Attitude Era!"

I am not a big fan of the Attitude Era.
Way to completely misunderstand the point.

As a wrestling fan, I have never watched a full match of Bruiser Brody's, I only know of him from what I've been told. And even from what I was told, and have read isn't that great.
So...you're going to vote against Brody because of something you've never seen, and because of what you have been told?

Score one for ignorance.

I've been a fan of Bryan Danielson since 2004. I have many ROH DVD's and he is included in almost all, I was for him going to WWE and even there I think he's doing a great job.
I've always been against Danielson, but I'll admit he's done a decent job in the WWE.

Then again, decent in today's WWE, doesn't exactly compare to being World/Heavyweight Champion all over the country and in Japan.

People want to know what the attraction is to Danielson? He's a fucking awesome wrestler.
Not really. He's actually quite mediocre.

He makes wrestling real.
Again, I must disagree. What makes wrestling real is what Bruiser Brody did. What Danielson does is make it apparent wrestling is choreographed.

I've seen him live and he is the real deal. His WWE gimmick is capilitizing on the mistakes of others.

Did Chris Benoit have much of a gimmick? No. He was just a great wrestler.
Chris Benoit was also a World Champion. Like Brody. Not like Danielson.

My vote goes firmly to "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson/ Daniel Bryan.
Based upon ignorance, misunderstanding, and not understanding what makes wrestling real.

Congratulations, you're the poster child for Danielson voters.

Hmm... technical wrestling vs brawling...

I'm not even sure I'd even call Danielson a technical wrestler, he's more like an innovative martial artist like RVD. Technical wrestlers are guys like Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar, the one's that intigrate amatuer wrestling into the theatrics of pro wrestling... I don't think I've seen Danielson even once do a proper takedown...

The point is as stiff as Danielson is, Brody is much, much stiffer... and much stronger. A match between the two of them would see Danielson on defense much longer than he would be on offensive.

If someone like Sheamus can manage to steamroll Danielson, inflicting so much damage so quickly, I don't see how Danielson could manage to defeat Brody without having to plotkai a win.

I'm going with Bryan based on his matches with Takeshi Morishima and Necro Butcher. Morishima is of similar build as Bruiser Brody and Necro Butcher is just as good a brawler and just as violent. Both work a stiff style as well.

While he's only defeated Morishima once in one on one encounters, each match he took Morishima to the limit, despite giving up size and experience. During each encounter Bryan showed his impressive wrestling I.Q. and awareness. One match in particular stands out that took place in 2008. He knew he couldn't fight Morishima head on but knew he was the better submission wrestler of the two. For the most part of the match he used his speed and striking ability to kick the legs of Morishima repeatedly. Morishima kicked his ass the whole match but Bryan endured the onslaught and continually banged on Morishima's legs, eventually allowing him to get him on the ground and work where his strength's lie, his superior submission ability. He did end up losing the match but towards the end it was truly anyone's match, and he took a man the size of Brody who works a stiff Japanese style to the limit. It shows he can take punishment from a bigger, stronger man and is smart enough to know how to counter that.

His matches with Necro show he can brawl with one of the best but still has the edge as a better all around wrestler. They both took each other's punishment but Bryan's technical ability and athleticism is what put him over Necro more often than not. This shows he is able to withstand the offense Brody would likely deliver long enough to wear his opponent down with his striking and unique submissions, eventually sneaking in a small package, Cattle Mutilation, or the LaBelle Lock.

That's how I see the match panning out. Brody would have the upper hand and would get in much more offense but Bryan would strike at Brody's weak points continually eventually wearing him down enough for Bryan to work the slow paced, mat wrestling style he prefers and excels. With Bryan every match can be considered a toss up but I think he has the ability and the smarts to beat any wrestler, even if it's by sneaking in a small package or something.

A shame people actually think Daniel Bryan is better than Bruiser Brody. But I'm the 17th vote in the thread, and only the first post (when I first started typing). I think that pretty much covers why people are voting for Daniel Bryan: because they don't have the first damn clue.

There is NOTHING Daniel Bryan can say he's better at than Bruiser Brody, unless it's boring people. Brody was a better worker, a better character, more believable, a draw so much bigger it's laughable to compare, a multi-time World/Heavyweight champion, and legitimate main-eventer. Hell, if they were to have met in a match, Bryan would be jobbing inside of 4 minutes to Brody. Oh, and get this IWC, he actually DIED during his wrestling career. That should be the clinching matter for the IWC, Brody died during his career.

There, now I dare ANYONE to refute that argument.

Okay, let me start with the Daniel Bryan boring people remark... boring people to the point where on WWE.com he was awarded the Match of the Year for 2010? That's boring people, eh? Nah, I think not.

I also love you harping Bruiser Brody as a Multi-Time World Champ. The only belt he ever won that was worth a damn was the NWA International Heavyweight Championship, and even with that title he won it at a time where the competition wasn't that steep. All the other titles he won doesn't even measure up to the fucking ROH Title or the US Championship Bryan currently holds.

Now, you trying to put Brody over as some fantastic worker.... dude, name one great SINGLES match he has had? Brody has participated in some great tag matches, but as a singles competitor, his resume isn't all that impressive. He only stood out because of his brutality, but that alone doesn't make him a great worker. If that were the case, then New Jack would be the greatest wrestler of all time.

Moreover, Brody put himself and his opponents in constant danger; the real point of being a great worker is making your match look real, while not hurting your opponent. However, Brody wasn't capable of that, was he? No, he hurt his opponents legitimately, which brings his value as a worker heavily down.

Character wise... I'll give you, Brody was a larger than life figure. Not many in the business has or will ever be able to maintain the status Brody was able to obtain with that character; however, that alone doesn't make him better than Bryan Danielson. I mean, if you really believe that, then you must believe The Sandman is better than Danielson too, since he's another whose character will live forever much like Brody's.

Brody's career was cut short, so there's no telling what he could have amounted to. Maybe he could have become better, or maybe even worse... we'll never know. But, his legacy is only as a guy who brought a new brutality level to the business, and as a guy who would legitimately hurt you in the ring. That's Bruiser Brody's legacy in one sentence, and it's really not something to be proud of, if you ask me.

Bryan Danielson, on the other hand, was able to become regarded as one of the best workers in the business, while working on the independent scene. Then, when people like you claimed that all he would ever accomplish in the business is having IWC marks root for him in basketball gyms, he went to WWE, got over with the audience, and has now held the US Championship for over 5 months. There's no telling what more he will accomplish in the future, but he's living proof that the almighty Slyfox can be wrong about something, just as you are definitely wrong in this ridiculous post of yours.

I hear Sly and KB going on about Brody being so much greater, and hoping people would do their homework before voting - but I don't see either simply posting some video proof of Brody being worth a vote. So, let me find some stuff here..

[youtube]euBEkqs-ga8[/youtube]

Interesting.. a Top 10 Moves list of the guy, this should be good - let's run it down.

10. Dropkick: Wow, well that looks impressive. I'm sure Bryan would be caught off-guard almost instantly. :rolleyes:
9. Backbreaker: We're getting better, but even from the one in the vid - Danielson has felt worse.
8. Flying Overhand Chop: Really? Ahead of the backbreaker though? Must be Khali-like.
7. One-Armed Body Slam: How much more impressive is this than a two-armed version though, really?
6. Running Kick to the Face: Hey, Danielson knows how to do this.. .. better.
5. Ram into the Ring Post: At the halfway mark, this would be considered a "signature" move? Well that says something, doesn't it.
4. Jumping Legdrop: Well, Hogan made it famous - I'm sure Brody's could be considered "slightly less". Danielson probably thought about this a bit, before rolling out of the way.
3. Suplex Lift Powerslam: For those unsure - it's a Jackhammer, but he isn't Goldberg and it likely didn't polish people off in the same way. It's a shame Danielson has those darn legs to knee him in the face repeatedly, huh?
2. Jumping Piledriver: Now this is about the first impressive thing I've seen on this list yet. A piledriver is considered a very dangerous move, and a jumping version - especially from a guy who was as unprofessional as Brody was considered (according to Wiki) - is likely life threatening.
1. King Kong Kneedrop: This. This is the #1 move of Brody's, according to someone who made this video. Well, I suppose a kneedrop could be considered devastating.. you know, for someone who's never taken one before.

Now.. let's take a look at the top 10 moves by Bryan Danielson.. (video was made by the same guy even, mind you)

[youtube]Ysbe-tSP7g0[/youtube]

Don't worry, I won't do a rundown like I did of Brody's.. I'm sure you can take the 2 mins to just watch the video. My favorite is probably the repeated kicks to the head that Brody likely would get busted open from.

In conclusion.. I don't care what is said of anything Brody did, or how much people (Sly, KB specifically) claim Bryan wouldn't stand a chance.. I've seen enough of each guy to know Danielson could hold his own and has just as much ability, if not more, to win a match-up against a guy that is more capable of getting DQ'd and losing anyways - as he would be of catching Danielson in a dangerous enough, or powerful enough, move; that puts Danielson down for a pinfall.

I really enjoy Daniel Bryan's work, and I have not really seen much of Brody at all.

However, I am not going to be a fucking jackass and vote for Bryan without knowing his opponent, as that would be disrespecting to a man who I am told is one of the toughest and most hardcore wrestlers of all time. A man who was brutally murdered in the dressing room after a match. I know all about Brody's legacy, but not enough about his in ring work.

I know Bryan is good, and I know Brody is supposed to be good...so I am refusing to vote in this one.

a man who I am told is one of the toughest and most hardcore wrestlers of all time.

Whoever told you that is lying.

Toughest? How, where is this stated - and more so, how is it even proven? Anyone who steps into the ring could be considered "tough", and back then when the hits were more contact worthy - almost anyone who faced Brody would/should be considered just as "tough" as Brody.

As for "most hardcore.. all time", no, simply no. Not even remotely close. I've not seen one bit of proof that the guy should even be considered "hardcore" and there is a vast difference between being "stiff" and being "hardcore".

Brody was simply awful in every way. The few matches I've seen could be easily considered no different than local bar fights between drunks. Danielson isn't some hack who would drop at the first punch. He'd wrestle circles around this guy.

A man who was brutally murdered in the dressing room after a match.

Irrelevant to this match.

I know Bryan is good, and I know Brody is supposed to be good...so I am refusing to vote in this one.

Danielson is good. Brody is not, and anyone saying otherwise is selling you something.. that likely would work for you about as well as Brody did in the ring. Very poorly. If you truly want to see more - youtube Brody's name, it'll pull up some matches. You won't need many to make you run back to vote for Danielson.

...really? Just...REALLY?

You called Daniel Bryan boring? I expected a statement like that from some 15-year old TNA smark, but you?! You're supposed to be better than that!

This whole paragraph just makes you come off as a deranged fanboy. "He's a multi-time World Champion". That all depends on what you consider a "world championship". If the NWA International Heavyweight Title counts, then he's a four-time champion. If not, he's a one-time. Double-checking would be a good idea.

"Brody died during his career. That should be the clinching matter for the IWC". Uh, no. If he died during his career and was actually good, then yes, but it shouldn't be automatic. That's just stupid.

What other statements apply to Brody? "He started the hardcore style of wrestling". Hardly. I doubt him not wrestling a hardcore style would've prevented Jimmy Snuka from diving off the cage. You know, that one moment that many hardcore wrestlers, including Mick Foley and Tommy Dreamer, cite as their inspiration?

"He was an inspiration for many larger wrestlers today". OK, I can give you that, but let's look at one of those "larger wrestlers", Sheamus. Is he a large, dominant heel wrestler who destroys anyone in his way? No, he's a bully, squashing smaller wrestlers. Let's not forget, when he was feuding with Orton, he practically pissed himself whenever Orton so much as glared at him. Point being, I can't see how Brody is really an influence today.

Now, going back to the multi-time World Champ thing, that may be the case, but was Brody ever the face of the company he worked for? Bryan was. I know this argument got pretty much ignored last year, for some dumbass reason, but look at ROH today. Does anyone really care about it, outside of the ROHbots? Not really. Now, what about a few years ago, when Bryan was still wrestling for them? ROH wasn't just some indie promotion, it was the number three promotion. People considered it the ECW of this generation. He carried a company on his back, and made people want to watch them.

Oh, and why was that? Because he was boring, right? Seriously, I still can't get over this. Especially considering you're arguing with X in the Hart VS Kobashi thread over whether or not Bret was a boring wrestler because he was formulaic, and you're arguing against it. And yet, you turn around in this thread and call Bryan, who is NOT formulaic, by the way, boring. I just can't wrap my head around it.

There, consider your argument refuted.

Way to completely misunderstand the point.

Didn't really misunderstand the point, I just don't think that claiming he was an Attitude before the Attitude Era is a great way to market someone, is that something to be proud of? I don't think so.

So...you're going to vote against Brody because of something you've never seen, and because of what you have been told

Score one for ignorance.

Why would I vote for someone who I have never seen wrestle, I know little about and is supposed to have been very uncooperative in the ring and was quite difficult to work with. When I could vote for someone I've been a fan of since his ROH days, and someone who I have followed since he joined WWE and before.

It's more like, score one for common sense.

I've always been against Danielson, but I'll admit he's done a decent job in the WWE.

Then again, decent in today's WWE, doesn't exactly compare to being World/Heavyweight Champion all over the country and in Japan.

Well that's good for you, I hope you dislike him. Cause the better he does the more intense the frown on your forehead will become. And the bigger the smile on my face will grow :D

And dude, you might want to go learn your facts, Danielson is a former Junior Heavyweight Champion in bith NOAH and NJPW.

Not really. He's actually quite mediocre.

Again, I must disagree. What makes wrestling real is what Bruiser Brody did. What Danielson does is make it apparent wrestling is choreographed.

Pro Wrestling Observers most astounding wrestler of the decade, made it by himself on the indies, has done shows in some of the biggest arenas in Japan. Mediocre is a way to describe his entrance maybe, his wrestling is terrific.

And Danielson had a reputation of wrestling in the Puroresu style of wrestling, or shoot wrestling, so again that rubbishes your statement about it being coreographed.

Chris Benoit was also a World Champion. Like Brody. Not like Danielson.

Benoit was a World Champion in a different time, same as Brody. And just to see if you were correct, I reseached if he was infact a World Champion. He held the NWA International Heavyweight Championship. I don't see the word, "world" there, and I wouldn't count small territories "world" championships as actual World Championships, like the NWA, WWE or WCW Championships, as well as a few others.

And Danielson has years left. Hes been in WWE like a year and is the US Champion, he has obvious fan support and if they can give a World Championship to someone like Rey Mysterio, Danielson can do it with the way they portray him.

And IMO, the ROH World Championship counts as a World Championship, but I said I wouldn't bring it up on the notion that I believe you'll probably disagre.

Based upon ignorance, misunderstanding, and not understanding what makes wrestling real.

Congratulations, you're the poster child for Danielson voters.

Based on he fact that I know what wrestling is today, I know who's important, I have followed the best pure wrestler in the world for the past seven years and on the fact that I have never, and have no interest from seeing Bruiser Brody after watching the YouTube videos others have posted.

I am the poster child of the correct vote, and eventual winner of this round, "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson :D

Why would I vote for someone who I have never seen wrestle, I know little about and is supposed to have been very uncooperative in the ring and was quite difficult to work with. When I could vote for someone I've been a fan of since his ROH days, and someone who I have followed since he joined WWE and before.

Because you're the kind of misguided and misinformed poster that we do not need in this tournament. It isn't fair to vote for one wrestler just because you don't know anything about the other. This tournament is a chance to educate yourself on wrestlers you don't know to make a better accurate assessment. Plenty of us have done it and we've become better for it. Educate yourself.

It's more like, score one for common sense.

Also, learn about common sense too while you're at it.

And IMO, the ROH World Championship counts as a World Championship, but I said I wouldn't bring it up on the notion that I believe you'll probably disagre.

So an championship won in an indy promotion classifies as a world championship now? Oh boy.

Because you're the kind of misguided and misinformed poster that we do not need in this tournament. It isn't fair to vote for one wrestler just because you don't know anything about the other. This tournament is a chance to educate yourself on wrestlers you don't know to make a better accurate assessment. Plenty of us have done it and we've become better for it. Educate yourself.

I watched Bruiser Brody's YouTube videos before responding to SlyFox, and I wasn't impressed. The opposite actually of impressed, I'm baffled as to how people can say this guy is of the level of Bryan Danielson. He was a brawler, you know who that reminds me of?

Necro Butcher. The look reminds me of Necro as well, and Bryan faced Necro in PWG a couple years ago, and the match worked brilliantly, and the winner was Bryan Danielson.

I'm looking at this in todays perspective, as well as overall talent and just appearence, which it states in the opening post is how you can judge. Bruiser Brody doesn't impress me. Brusier Brody does not come across to me as someone who could hang with Bryan Danielson in a wrestling match. In todays wrestling industry, I don't even think based on his look Bruiser would get a job. I mean, he might get one with TNA but I don't think he'd be special in todays wrestling climate. Certainly wouldn't make it into WWE.

Also, learn about common sense too while you're at it.

Look at your first comment above, the opening in my retort to you, you need to learn about common sense, not me.

So an championship won in an indy promotion classifies as a world championship now? Oh boy.

Did I say that it classifies. You also need to read correctly

And IMO, the ROH World Championship counts as a World Championship

IMO means in my opinion. And it is, my opinion, not only is Bryan Danielson better than Brusier Brody but that seeing as the ROH World Championship has had much more entertaining matches, including Black/Aries/Strong, Black/Strong and Richards/Strong that it, in my opinion, is as good as a World Championship due to the talent which competes for it.

Danielson's primary form of offense are strikes and kicks, so his style is really more like Brody's than people are realizing. The only major difference between the two is that Danielson has form while Brody swings wildly like a crazy person.

Look at this match objectively; it's a battle between two people who use similar styles of combat... and when that happens the advantage always goes to the guy that's bigger and stronger. Am I really supposed to believe that Danielson's strikes and kicks are going to be more potent than Brody's? Ridiculous...

Logically, as soon as Brody hits his heavy offensive moves Danielson's going to be on defense for the rest of the match; and Danielson isn't just going to magically plotkai a win after getting his ass kicked the entire time, either.

Danielson's primary form of offense are strikes and kicks, so his style is really more like Brody's than people are realizing. The only major difference between the two is that Danielson has form while Brody swings wildly like a crazy person.

Look at this match objectively; it's a battle between two people who use similar styles of combat... and when that happens the advantage always goes to the guy that's bigger and stronger. Am I really supposed to believe that Danielson's strikes and kicks are going to be more potent than Brody's? Ridiculous...

Logically, as soon as Brody hits his heavy offensive moves Danielson's going to be on defense for the rest of the match; and Danielson isn't just going to magically plotkai a win after getting his ass kicked the entire time, either.

If you go by what would actually happen if these two were to meet, you said that Bruiser Brody swung like a "crazy person", which is something that would play into Danielson's advantage. Yes, Bryan is smaller in size than Bruiser, but Danielson has had and has won matches with opponents who have similar builds to him, all because of Bryan's technique to capitalize on mistakes.

Bruiser throws a punch, Bryan dodges, as he'd obviously have more speed. He could take down Brody with a running dropkick, pounce and lock in the Lobell Lock or even Cattle Mutilation. Brody wouldn't have much place to go.

If you go by what would actually happen if these two were to meet, you said that Bruiser Brody swung like a "crazy person", which is something that would play into Danielson's advantage. Yes, Bryan is smaller in size than Bruiser, but Danielson has had and has won matches with opponents who have similar builds to him, all because of Bryan's technique to capitalize on mistakes.

Bruiser throws a punch, Bryan dodges, as he'd obviously have more speed. He could take down Brody with a running dropkick, pounce and lock in the Lobell Lock or even Cattle Mutilation. Brody wouldn't have much place to go.

Danielson might be able to beat opponents that are the same size he is, but Brody is much, much larger. You mentioned Necrobutcher earier, he's like 230... Brody's close to 300. He's like 80 pounds more that Danielson...

Again, am I really supposed to believe that Danielson's strike's are more potent than Brody's? Absolutely not...

Danielson would have to result to using high risk offense in order to realistically do any damage to Brody, and that puts him at another disadvantage.

You mentioned the Lebell Lock... okay... but what keeps Brody from powering out of it the same way that Kane did to the crossface?

You want to see a match that most likely protrays this theoretical match more accurately? Here...

[youtube]DKQhWdRRiXY&feature=related[/youtube]

Batista and Brody are about the same size. Notice how Batista counters every single one of Danielson's submission attempts with power, next notice how as soon as Batista goes on the offense the match goes downhill for Danielson, finally notice how Batista manages to overcome all of Danielson's comeback attempts with force, hits his finisher and then pins him.

The same thing would happen to Danielson if he were to fight Brody in this hypothetical match, he'll fight an uphill battle until he's eventually overtaken by force...

Brody's build is much different from Batista though, I mean look at the pictures and you can tell. Bruiser wouldn't even realistically have anything on Batista...

BruiserBrody.jpg

batista-11893.jpg

Bryan wouldn't have to combat with roids. And again, Bryan has faced and beaten guys of the build of Brody's, one of which is Samoa Joe.

Joe, back when he faced Bryan fits the build of Brody down to a tee. Samoa Joe weighs in at 280, Brody at 285. Bryan went to a sixty minute draw with Joe, and beat Joe in the second meeting.

I will stress again, Danielson's wrestling style was built around his submission experties. If Brody made a mistake, which he would due to his brawling style, Bryan would catch him out. He's too good not to.

Brody's build is much different from Batista though, I mean look at the pictures and you can tell. Bruiser wouldn't even realistically have anything on Batista...

Bryan wouldn't have to combat with roids. And again, Bryan has faced and beaten guys of the build of Brody's, one of which is Samoa Joe.

Joe, back when he faced Bryan fits the build of Brody down to a tee. Samoa Joe weighs in at 280, Brody at 285. Bryan went to a sixty minute draw with Joe, and beat Joe in the second meeting.

I will stress again, Danielson's wrestling style was built around his submission experties. If Brody made a mistake, which he would due to his brawling style, Bryan would catch him out. He's too good not to.

That doesn't change the fact that Danielson's primary style of offense are strikes and kicks [you'd be foolish to suggest that Danielson uses submissions as offense against a larger opponent - it's clearly a mistake on his part if he were to do so], and it also doesn't change the fact that Brody is still one strong motherfucker.

There's no reason to say that Brody couldn't just counter all of Danielson's submission attempts with power. There's even less reason to suggest that Danielson's simple strikes and kicks alone would be enough to effectively wear someone like Brody down.

That's why I stressed the need for Danielson to have to resort to using high risk moves in order to wear Brody down... that puts Danielson at a disadvantage, as he's more likely to make a mistake doing something high risk than Brody is by swinging his fists at close range like a crazy person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back