House

Radio GaGa

Occasional Pre-Show
I know the series is already over, but in my mind it is the best series to ever (at least in my country) grace the TV screens. I'm currently watching season eight, so I don't know how it ends yet, but it's just amazing. No complaints. Hugh Laurie is a gem.

Does Anybody share my opinion?

I agree that House was a good show and that Hugh Laurie is a great actor. However, I believe there are much better television shows as far as consistency goes. Breaking Bad is one, because it totally changes how a tv series can be approached. It's different and unique. Shows like The Shield were also comparable to Breaking Bad as far as quality consistency and great acting. Both Breaking Bad & The Shield both had fewer episodes, which makes the show's quality rise because they are not doing some gimmicky episode to fill the seasons.

House had its moments of being funny and serious. But, the problem is that House wasn't consistent and had too much yo-yoing. Was House in love with Cuddy? Will Cuddy feel the same way? Why isn't Cuddy here anymore? I mean, the main plot point was never really tied up in the final season which makes the show seems like it was rushed and people were just going through the motions to end it. A good show, yes. The best show on television? Hardly.

Erm, due to House's actions she (Cuddy) decided to leave for her and her child's own good. It was explained as much and made complete sense. I saw no inconstancy. Obviously with contract disputes the writers and producers made the most of the situation they were in.
Concerning duration/quality/gimmickry, your premise doesn't hold up. Taken to the limit, by your logic, were a show to only produce one singular yet brilliant episode then it would be the greatest show ever as 100% of the episode(s) were of magnificent quality and had 0% filler "gimmicky" episodes. Although, a series that only runs for one episode? Seems pretty gimmicky to me…

I haven't finished the last season so I can't comment on the ending. Also, we have very few shows in my country that are actually on TV, and most of them are either a CSI type of thing that gets repeated over and over again, or comedies. I feel like the Cuddy situation was wierd. The ending of the 7th season didn't really mean much to me... Could it be that one version of the script was scrapped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back