• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hot grease in my eye

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
Fucking hurt. We have "Oven Gloves" at Wendys. Big elbow length gloves that are used to grab the hot stuff, clean ovens, grease traps, etc. So I was cleaning the Henny Penny. Where we cook the chicken, big deep fryer thing. I empty the grease into the grease trap and then proceed to pull the grease trap out, it's on a ledge thing a few inches off the ground. I grab both ends and because the gloves are totally fucked and greasy and the manager is too cheap to buy new ones, the end slips and hits the floor, proceeding to throw hot grease in the air and into my left eye. SON OF A ****E. That shit hurt so bad, like.. we just cooked chicken, and the grease was still blazing. I screamed and ran to the back and just panicked.. manager grabbed me and dragged me to the sink, flushed my eye out with cold water and got a ice pack and put on it. It was swollen pretty bad, almost closed and really red. Stung and shit. It's way better now, still a little swollen and itchy but it could have been worse. Thank God..

Well I had my hands tied behind my back and was bound to a cactus so I could have used the skin help.

I feel your pain Freddy. I had this happen a couple years ago and I burned my cornea. Thankfully, I didn't lose my vision for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back