Holy shit!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As TVG first suspected, the new Assassin's Creed "episode" that Ubisoft mentioned as part of a financial report is a full, standalone game starring the protagonist of Assassin's Creed II, Ezio.

Despite speculation to the contrary, the game will not be downloadable content for Assassin's Creed II featuring online multiplayer, but a full price game that's to be released at retail during Ubisoft's upcoming financial year (between April 1st 2010 and March 31st 2011).

"We have a new Assassin's Creed that we expect can be a very high quality product on top of an offline component that will have a multiplayer component," Ubisoft's CEO, Yves Guillemot revealed in a post-financial report conference call.

"The game will take place with the same hero, which is Ezio, and will follow the story that took place in Assassin's Creed II," Guillemot continued before stating that the game will be released at a full price point for a triple-A
release (i.e. £49.99 in the UK, $59.99 in the US).

When it comes to gaming, there is very little that I am genuinely surprised by. However, this is one of the times that I am. I just cannot believe it. I made a thread a little while ago in here that had a quick look at the possibility that Ubisoft were going to release some very good DLC for the great Assassin's Creed 2 title. Early reports were that they would fill in the gaps in the memories of Ezio that are illustrated in his memory line. However, now it seems that it will not be DLC after all. In fact, it will be another game. This games is a standalone option and will be like the Assassin's Creed 2 title in terms of length and game-play.

I am completely overwhelmed by this and I am shocked that they have done this. Now, you could look at it and say that they are ripping the fans of the series off by making a completely new game when they could have put it into the last game, where it kinda belongs. That way, we would have had a much more enjoyable game and we would not need to shell out for another title. Or, are Ubisoft going to release the DLC too and have that fill in the missing areas. Then create a whole new title after that? I would think that with the other game in the pipeline, I can't really see them putting the resources into making some other DLC to pad out the second game. Nevertheless, I am really excited about the fact that Ezio is returning and I am greatly looking forward to seeing what twists and turns that are going to happen in the story. Both with Ezio and Desmond. My only question is, why did they not just continue on with Altair if they wanted to keep a character? I mean, he is all over the second game anyway and will very likely play a role in the third.

Anyway, with Assassin's Creed III on the way, what do you make of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back