• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobrad

Pre-Show Stalwart
I had no idea where to put this but since it deals more with WWE I will put it here.

So i was watching Summerslam 06 today and i noticed one things Hogan got a HUGE pop! I realized that everytime Hogan would come out in WWE he would get the biggest pops!!! Like amazing pops! So i was just wondering why does Hogan get so much crap thrown at him when i know that 90% of the people that sit there and bash Hogan all the time they are the ones that freak out if Hogan returns! It is just puzzling to me! Hogan is a legend and deserves so much more respect than any of us give him! I dont care if Hogan is 90 years old and wants to wrestle in a match LET HIM!!! He deserves it for giving his life to pro-wrestling.

So my question is then, if Hogan showed up in WWE today would he get a huge pop! I really think he would get an amazing pop! what you think?

If he would have stayed out of the business or at least behind the scenes i dont think he would have near as much hate as he does. His problem is that he thinks he is the wrestling god. Wrestlers are like bread, they eventually get stale. Some take longer and some speed up the process by being total asses and think they are bigger than the product. There is no such thing as a top dawg in wrestling, at least not for the long run. Every single guy out there who has stepped into the ring knows that you are not the whole f'n show (as one likes to claim). It takes both guys in that ring to make a good match. Hogan needs to stay out of the ring and behind the cameras and do something original, not copying the same crap that failed years ago.

Hogan is only hated in the ICW, and the IWC doesn't represent the majority of the wrestling fans.

I, personally, don't hate Hogan and i would always pop when i heard the "Real American" theme song. He's the biggest legend in the history of pro wrestling.

But, do i want to see in a match in the stage of his career? No.

Not because of his age, because i don't give a crap about wrestler's ages (it's a scripted "sport" you know?), but because of his physical problems.

He could be a good manager or a GM, if done correctly, but not in TNA.

So my question is then, if Hogan showed up in WWE today would he get a huge pop! I really think he would get an amazing pop! what you think?

Yes HH would definatly get a huge pop. One of the main reasons he is so disliked is because he is not working for the WWE in some way, shape, or form right now. But if HH were to show up in the E tomorrow he would get a huge pop and the people on here would MTFO when Real American kicked on.

To the original poster and if any of you said something like this I apologize, I only read the original posters comment. In 2006 Hogan didn't have negative media around him, he only came back every so often and people marked out for him because it was a taste of the past. Reminded me of the great 80s / 90s Hogan. However since then Hogan has been involved with tasteless comments, a divorce from his wife which causes bad media coverage. He makes tasteless comments about Edges retirement and he puts himself in the spotlight of a company I think MOST OF US want to grow so we have that monday competition that made wrestling so great at one point. He is not a good performer anymore and his mug is ALL you see on tna now.

This is why the majority of fans in my opinion are getting sick of him. Its his ego. I think most of us can agree that we get upset a bit when we see Flair and Hogan diminishing their legacy each time they limp into a TNA ring.

Hulk's Pop would be as big as The Rock's, Stonecolds, Michaels, or anyone Else that comes back. He is a True Icon in the business and there are 2 sides to every story but the internet people have too much time on their hands and take everything to the extreme its really sickening.

The true wrestling fan knows how much Hulk Hogan means to the wrestling business and he will get a HUGE pop in WWE his entire life..... and deservingly so!

think it defines the difference between the man and the character. i would mark out like anything if hogan came out tonight or any night on raw. its the backstage person of hogan that a lot of people bash as far i can tell from reading posts. like someone has said already he has tried to make himself the face of tna and so far it hasn't really worked all that well. if he put his ego aside and used his buisness mind that made his show hogan knows best a success then i think tna, combined with bishoff's buisness mind, a success

I went to Lockdown last year, and we chanted "you're washed up" the entire time Hogan was in the ring. His expiration date has long passed and he needs to hang up his boots, stay out of wrestling and the media for a while.

Both Hogan and Flair have overstayed their welcomes in Professional Wrestling, sure people will still pop for them, but they have no business to be on TV week end and week out. They should not be the focal point of any programing, they should be there to help the newer guys not take their spot light. The two have done nothing to help TNA they only made it worse. Its not WCW or the late 90s any longer and its time for them to step away from the business.

I don't have so much a problem with Hulk Hogan the wrestler as with Terry Bollea the person.
No one denies his accomplishments or his popularity. As far as that goes, he is a legend. Perhaps the legend. The one person who will always be iconic for wrestling is Hulk Hogan. Not the Rock, not Austin, Hogan.

But personally I was never a fan of his. His matches were usually awful. In my humblest of opinions this man was a terrible wrestler. And always the same story, day in and day out.
Nevertheless, it was the connection to the crowd he had that made him who he is, and that's what's most important. I get that.

Then again, these days when Hulk Hogan opens his mouth it's often something like his tasteless remarks about Edge's retirement. Or he puts a clip on the web of himself taking a dump or of rubbing oil on his daughters butt. Terry Bollea is simply a creepy douchebag. As far as respecting him goes, he pretty much used that up by now.

Alas the casual fan only cares for the tip of the iceberg. Hogan's real life personality and flaws don't matter there. So of course he will get a huge pop. He is and always will be Hulk Hogan.

I'm on the fence for this one.

Part of me thinks Hogan wouldn't get a huge pop because his character is similar to John Cena. The difference is a majority of the under 12's don't know who the Hulkster is. I'd also assume that a majority of the male audience would dislike Hogan for some reason or another so he might actually booed.

The other half thinks that even the people who currently hate him might just have a childhood memory spark and cheer. That will make the under 12's who have little to no clue cheer because they feel that is the right thing to do. Another reason for him to get cheered is his theme "Real American" is one of the best ever, and makes me, a Canadian, feel proud and pumped just hearing it.

It seems more likely for him to get cheered then booed in reality.

The other half thinks that even the people who currently hate him might just have a childhood memory spark and cheer. That will make the under 12's who have little to no clue cheer because they feel that is the right thing to do.

or they might boo cause they think its what you do when the men in the audience cheer for anyone

I do agree that Hogan would be a lot more popular had he never joined TNA. He's completely tarnished his image (what was left of it), TNA's image, and his entire family's life. Now it's not fair to judge him since we don't walk in his shoes, but he has made it apparent that he's kind of a dick.

If hogan were to return to the wwe , without a shout of a doubt he would receive a huge pop, look at what big daddy cool got at royal rumble, these guys are out of their time but they would receive a great big pop even if they came out.

Hogan hogging tna is just pathetic though, They need to take a job like HHH and work on devving new talent!

on another note, TNA PLEASE KEEP HOGAN GIVE WWE AJ STYLES.

Hogan will always be WWF - that's why he didn't go over Sting or Goldberg in WCW fans eyes, but yet he was cheered against the Great One when he returned home despite being über heel Hollywood. As someone wrote or said at the time, he "never turned on the WWF fans" (possibly the man himself). It's also something Dixie Carter never thought off, you may sign Terry Bollea but you'll never sign WWF Hulk Hogan!

Kids? 'WWe All Stars' folks? Given his age, I'm sure he'd be sent out against a heel (possibly DiBiase, Harris or McGillicutty originally where he could play on the fact that he used to beat their dads) and any kids who do not recognise him will soon work it out.

I don't care what anyone says, if you were in a WWe crowd and this hits the PA...
[YOUTUBE]o6gqsJKcn54[/YOUTUBE]​
... you'd be marking like a 5 year old on Christmas Morning!​

To the original poster and if any of you said something like this I apologize, I only read the original posters comment. In 2006 Hogan didn't have negative media around him, he only came back every so often and people marked out for him because it was a taste of the past. Reminded me of the great 80s / 90s Hogan. However since then Hogan has been involved with tasteless comments, a divorce from his wife which causes bad media coverage. He makes tasteless comments about Edges retirement and he puts himself in the spotlight of a company I think MOST OF US want to grow so we have that monday competition that made wrestling so great at one point. He is not a good performer anymore and his mug is ALL you see on tna now.

This is why the majority of fans in my opinion are getting sick of him. Its his ego. I think most of us can agree that we get upset a bit when we see Flair and Hogan diminishing their legacy each time they limp into a TNA ring.

Yeah its the ego that is the problem. This guy really believes that he can still draw if he is put on television. He would get a loud pop, but then many of the fans who are die hard fans would hope that the WWE won't let him wrestle because of his physical issues and am sure many fans would wonder what he going to do this time because of what they hear behind the scene about him in the past like with his match with HBK at Summerslam

Personally I think Hogan was essential to making wrestling what it is today, however he couldn't carry through.
He thinks he is the best there ever was and ever will be. Sure thats fine, but when your time is up, and as we all know his has been for a LONG LONG WHILE.
you need to pass the torch, you need to have that one moment in your career where you job to at least one person, put one person over in your whole career for the better of the product as a whole.
He is selfish, if he wasn't as charismatic as he was he would be no where. He wants to be looked it like a god in that...um squared circle i guess...but seriously he couldn't even lose to HBK...really??
Then he expects for his onetime appearances to be paid more than the Main Eventers that understand how this business actually works, could just be me though.

i could give a ratts ass about what has happened in his personal life because for the simple fact that everyone isn't perfect and isn't exempt from sin, i stated a while back in a topic someone posted about cena/and hogan and that was his personal life shouldn't have anything to do with his career, look at michael jackson!!!! the whole child molestation thing consumed him, to the point where he basically lost it and became an island on to himself, until it was too late...... but that didn't stop millions of his fans from mourning his death and listening to his music, michael basically gave up.....which is sad because the music world has/had a whole in it that will probably never be filled since his death, hogan's ego or so-called ego that you all say's he has, that he carries around with him is concern, exist only to the iwc, and the bitter old jackasses that wrestled with hogan during the 80's because they were jealous of him and his longevity and sucess in this business has nothing to do with rather he didn't want to put over anybody. or him having a bad attitude, at the end of the day it was about who the people came to see and putting asses in the seats. period!!!!!

HELL!! if anything hogan is the way he is because.....wait for it........ mcjackass, vincent kennedy mcmahon made him that way, he's the one that never wanted hogan to lose, thus giving hogan that pull of creative control that everyone is alway's bitching about him having, if that's the case then he would be wearing the gold in tna right now, personally i don't blame him for feeling that sence of entitlement that he's the god of wrestling or that he made wrestling what it is today, because it's true, think about it? there wasn't no triple noses, the crocks, or old stone to carry that burden it was just him.

HELL!! if anything hogan is the way he is because.....wait for it........ mcjackass, vincent kennedy mcmahon made him that way, he's the one that never wanted hogan to lose, thus giving hogan that pull of creative control that everyone is alway's bitching about him having, if that's the case then he would be wearing the gold in tna right now, personally i don't blame him for feeling that sence of entitlement that he's the god of wrestling or that he made wrestling what it is today, because it's true, think about it? there wasn't no triple noses, the crocks, or old stone to carry that burden it was just him.

It is McMahon's fault that Hogan can't keep himself in check? it is his fault that Hogan can't realize what people like John Cena already know? that even if you don't lose your not bigger than the company?

I don't hate Hulk Hogan at all. I don't care for the guy who plays the character much but that is none of my business. I would love to see Hulk Hogan back in the WWE and I am sure a lot of people would and yes he would get huge cheers no doubt.

I had no idea where to put this but since it deals more with WWE I will put it here.

So i was watching Summerslam 06 today and i noticed one things Hogan got a HUGE pop! I realized that everytime Hogan would come out in WWE he would get the biggest pops!!! Like amazing pops! So i was just wondering why does Hogan get so much crap thrown at him when i know that 90% of the people that sit there and bash Hogan all the time they are the ones that freak out if Hogan returns! It is just puzzling to me! Hogan is a legend and deserves so much more respect than any of us give him! I dont care if Hogan is 90 years old and wants to wrestle in a match LET HIM!!! He deserves it for giving his life to pro-wrestling.

the answer to your question is the IWC is a very small, idiotic sect of wrestling fans, maybe 2% of a live audience. Hence shit being talked by idiots on here, but mega pops in real life.

I always MTFO for Hogan..why? Because when I was a kid Hogan was EVERYWHERE, he was a God to us Adults back then kids, and always will be.

And as much as I hate to admit it Cena will be the same for the kids nowadays. When they get older and Cena does a one time appearence they will MTFO aswell.

But getting back onto topic. TB is a complete arse behind the scenes, he thinks he is better than everyone in the business...he isnt. He is trying to be VKM well sorry Terry you aint. VKM made you and what do you do? Spit in his face by letting Vince Russo do very very bad shots at WWE to try and get the attention that something might be working.

Personally I hope TNA flops and Hogan goes down with it...No one is better than the business and he should just go to a retirement home in florida and stay out the way watching old replays of him body slamming andre....End of.

But I will always respect Hulk Hogan the Wrestler

Love him or hate him, Hulk Hogan is the greatest ever, it's a fact, not an opinion. If it we're for Friday's WWE Smackdown or WWE RAW the music hits, it will be the biggest ovation cheer / boo however you want to put it. And the thing is.. If Hogan phoned Vince.. Vince would allow Hulkamania to run wild.. Vince Phoned Hogan .. Hogan would accept, they're just both to proud to admit defeat so its very unlikely Hulkamania will return to WWE.

Hulk Hogan is a legend worthy of much respect, unfortunately many internet people are unable to appreciate the most influential figure in wrestling history.

if it wasn't for him this website wouldn't exist.

God bless Hulk Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back