Hogan VS. Gawker - The Verdict

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The verdict of the Hulk Hogan lawsuit against Gawker as Gawker released a trailer for a sex video of Hogan without his knowledge or consent. The video, recorded by controversial longtime friend Bubba The Love Sponge, was allegedly stolen from him by "Spice Boy" Matt Lloyd, who was an employee of Bubba's show for years. Hogan first gained knowledge of the tape in 2012 during the build for TNA Bound For Glory. Gawker alleges that Hogan only sued to keep the racially charged statements he made over the phone from seeing the light of day, as it was all connected with the tape.

Hogan was awarded the staggering sum of $115 million, which included $55 million for "economic injuries" and another $60 million for "emotional distress" after ultimately seeking $100 million in damages. This comes just 11 days after sportscaster Erin Andrews received a judgment of $55 million stemming from a 2008 incident in which Andrews was secretly videotaped naked in a Marriot hotel room in Nashville, Tennessee. She sued the man who took the video, Michael David Barrett, Marriott International, Radisson Hotels, and five other entities for negligence and invasion of privacy in connection with the secret videotaping.

As with the Andrews case, I expect Gawker to appeal the verdict and will eventually reach an out of court settlement as the judgment in Hogan's favor gives him a hefty amount of leverage.

I think this had more to do with that shitty fucking media outlet posting the sex tape. Good chance Denton and the rest of the cronies will appeal and that will be another crazy fight, probably much harder fight than this was. I can't stand Hogan for the shit he has done, but I actually hate Gawker more. In other news, Linda Hogan has just become $115 million dollars richer.

So, so goddamn good. I am so glad this dirtbag, hypocritical, whiney as fuck dirtsheet is going to get buried, by Hulk goddamn Hogan no less.

A website owned by gawker media called Jezebel screamed rape and this and that to the high heavens when "The Fappening" occurred, but when it came to a male having a video recorded and released without his consent (literally the exact same thing that happened to Andrews) then it was all fun and fair games, because "he is a wrestler, LOLZ, come see Hulk Hogans pee pee, LOLZ"

Well fuck you, you fucking scumbags. Hope you all learn a lesson and find gainful employment in a fucking rice silo in the Ukraine.

I hate Hogan, enough said on that.

I haven't really ranted on sites like Gawker, but I've got a lot to say about them so here goes.

Gawker, Buzzfeed, Zergnet; all of these fucking stupid websites are absolutely pointless and only exist to turn reality into a world of shit.

Gawker didn't post this video in an attempt to further the art of responsible journalism, they posted it because they market misery and craved the notoriety that this kind of scoop would get them. I have a hard time saying that it backfired, because Gawker was just one head on the hydra that is click-bait bullshit on the internet. If it wasn't Gawker, some other soulless media outlet would have jumped at the opportunity to unfairly expose Hogan.

I really hope that this sets a precedent, that these horrible sites can't just ruin lives and expect to grin their way through an easy trial. Slowly but surely, social justice is gaining ground in the US. As much as I hate Hogan, I'm extremely glad that Gawker lost this case and will have to reconsider how lucrative it is to be completely devoid of morals.

I just want to put something out there about this: To me, the whole thing reeks of corruption.

Think about it, Hogan erased from the WWE then reinstated on WWE network and then as soon as Gawker appeals, they erase him again, including even his title history. Hogan was never ever the champion now apparently.

Am I the only one who can see it? Hogan and WWE are doing an under the table deal to make it look like his reputation was destroyed so he can win more money and they can take a cut

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back