Hogan Region, Omaha Subregion, First Round: (9) Eddie Guerrero vs. (24) Christian

Who Wins This Match?

• Eddie Guerrero

• Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Hogan Region, Omaga Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska.

clinkpts.jpg

BWIC_FgIEAAOzrW.jpg

#9. Eddie Guerrero

Vs.

ridyq1J.jpg

#24. Christian

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This match would be a lot of fun to watch, especially if they both went all out and left it all in the ring. Eddie Guerrero was great but at the same time, he's also someone that's had his level of greatness exaggerated to some degree because he died so young and so quickly. Christian is someone that I always thought was underrated in WWE, I always thought he was the overall better of the two when comparing him to Edge. I've heard/read about something in which one of the big reasons why Christian wasn't as big of a star in WWE as he could have been was because Vince didn't like the guy's face and thought he was flat out ugly. I don't know if it's entirely true, but I could believe it given how shallow Vince can be about things like that.

Nevertheless, when it's all said & done, I've got to give the win to Eddie Guerrero. Guerrero defeated Brock Lesnar at No Way Out in 2004 in a fantastic 30 minute outing and successfully defended the title in another classic against Kurt Angle about a month later at WrestleMania XX. It wasn't as strong as Triple H vs. HBK vs. Benoit, but still a helluva match. This is a match that could really go either way, but Guerrero going over two guys like Lesnar & Angle within the span of a month and having a huge WrestleMania moment in the process makes me give the nod to Eddie.

Eddie's a step above Christian in almost every aspect; he was like a better Christian. Christian was funny, but Eddie was funnier. Christian had charisma, but Eddie had more. Christian was great in the ring, but Eddie was better.

I can see Christian getting knocked out in the first round in this type of tournament setting. It's difficult for me to picture Eddie going down right away. Eddie wins.

Two men who have been massively overrated as time has gone on. Both men are the definition of very good, but neither was ever truly great. Christian was way more consistent in his career for me, though. I'm voting Christian, but I couldn't care less who wins.

If the IWC can make a long list of most underrated wrestlers in the history of Professional Wrestling, Christian will make it to the Top 10, I reckon. He really has the skills both in the ring and on the mic to go toe to toe with Eddie. This really would've been a great contest but unfortunately, he will lose to Eddie in the end. Captain Charisma's charisma is never a match to the Latino Heat. Anyhow, for any wrestling fans, this will be an interesting match to see. There will be lots of reversals and near falls but only to an inevitable result.

Eddie Guerrero takes the win.

This is certainly a much more balanced first round match than either of these guys usually get. I'm vocally anti-Christian. Never liked the guy. I'll give credit where it's due, as the man was a great tag champion and a decent mid card hand. Eddie is the definition of a "what if?" Like Owen Hart, Orville Brown, and Magnum TA, he was cut down in the very prime of his career, so it is difficult to say just how big a star he would have become. Comparing Eddie's body of work to Christians, as a singles star I'll take Eddie's.

Lie, cheat, and steal. Latino Heat!

I love me some Christian. Great performer, part of some of my favourite matches but Eddie was better and we all know it.

I don't like voting against Cage in round 1 but it's the right thing to do. This would be a really entertaining match but Eddie would come out on top. Viva La Raza

Everything Christian did Eddie did better. Eddie did everything better than Christian.

Oh, and with pops. Vote Eddie. He didn't have a kayfabe brother to piggyback on.

Maybe it's because he wasn't much when I stopped watching and he had died by the time I came back, but Eddie is not as dear to me as he is to others. Solid, entertaining but unspectacular. He won the world title at a time that JBL won the world title and Hardcore Holly was competing for it on PPV. 2004 was very much the year of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck. Perhaps he would have won another title, but given that he was nearing 40 when he died, it's unlikely he would have gone on to achieve much more at the very top. A tragic loss, no doubt, but I don't think you can consider him as missing out on the prime of his career, I think those days were behind him.

That is not to say that he wouldn't necessarily won here. Christian finally won his WWE title in quite dubious circumstances, and had it not been for Edge's retirement perhaps he never would. Christian, despite always being over with the audience, never really had the backing of the promoters. Even TNA went in another direction once the bigger stars started coming in. For me, on balance, his career is probably marginally less successful than Guerrero so I'm going Eddie, but it's probably not the foregone conclusion it appears.

This here would be a fun match. Considering that at one point both these guys were grossly underappreciated, I'd expect a nice showcase. Both are capable of underhanded tactics, but Eddie would find a way to lie, cheat, or steal the victory over Christian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back