Hitman: Absolution Officially Announced

Chicago1989

Ain't it sleep first then eat?
Yes! We finally have the word that IO Interactive is developing the next Hitman game in the popular Hitman franchise. It's been almost 5 years since Blood Money and I've been craving for more Hitman ever since. Now that Hitman: Absolution has been officially announced and E3 2011 is around the corner, what are your thoughts about this fantastic announcement?

Here's some details and a teaser for you to digest.

[YOUTUBE]7AGN5DJ7MV4[/YOUTUBE]

PRESS RELEASE – IO INTERACTIVE REVEALS HITMAN ABSOLUTION

IO Interactive A/S, part of Square Enix Europe, is pleased to confirm HITMAN ABSOLUTION, a new game for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC.

HITMAN ABSOLUTION follows Agent 47, a cold blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he trusted and hunted by the police, he finds himself at the centre of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world, in his search for the truth.

“For the first time we are taking Agent 47 on a personal journey which allows us to explore other parts of the HITMAN fantasy, ” said Tore Blystad, game director, IO Interactive. “This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience to any of the other Hitman games, something our silent assassins will relish as well as those who are new to the Hitman world.”

Showcasing IO Interactive’s new proprietary Glacier 2TM technology, the game has been built from the ground up, boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game design, HITMAN ABSOLUTION combines much loved classic gameplay with completely new gameplay features for the Hitman franchise.​

Am I happy about this long awaited sequel finally becoming official? You're fucking right I am! I have loved all hitman games and they have all gotten better with each new title.

I really hope this game will have the longevity that Silent Assassin featured as well as the level style(some targets span 2 or more levels) along with the possibilities of more interaction and realism that was one of the best features of Blood Money. Obviously I would like to see some of the popular recurring stuff(Agent Smith anyone?). The story sounds rather interesting but it's just really the same thing that every Hitman game has featured in that you think what you're doing is fine but in fact you are being betrayed.

My primary concern is that this game will bring back the interest in the hitman series that was lost by it's film(Which i personally liked).

Seriously with the release of this and Thief 4 this year I can't be any fucking happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back