• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HHH vs WCW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow DDT

Pre-Show Stalwart
Looking back through some old ppv results on wikipedia I noticed back in 2003 HHH who was starting his 2nd reign as WHC had 4 fueds that year against 4 former WCW champs (Steiner, Booker T., Nash, Goldberg) and beat them all.

I always wondered if this was just coinendence or just another way for VKM to once again bury WCW...

Which feud did you like the most and other than Goldberg do you think HHH should have dropped the belt to any of the other former WCW Champs?

Thoughts???

Don't be stupid. It wasn't to bury them. They were WCW guys who just happened to be getting a chance at the spotlight to see if they can draw. Guess what? They couldn't. The only one of those men that had an actual success with their career was Booker T, and he's still there. Nash doesn't count. If he did, he would still be facing Punk. Those guys couldn't draw, therefore Triple H went over. If they could draw, I bet you Vince would have loved having them in his pocket.

Looking back through some old ppv results on wikipedia I noticed back in 2003 HHH who was starting his 2nd reign as WHC had 4 fueds that year against 4 former WCW champs (Steiner, Booker T., Nash, Goldberg) and beat them all.

Not exactly true.

Yes, he beat Scott Steiner at No Way Out 2003, Thank God. If you actually remember the match you'll remember that Scott Steiner was so slow out of shape, the crowd booed him out of the building. Triple H, who was a monster heel at the time, was treeted like a hero...in Canada.

Booker at Wrestlemania. This is the only one out of the 4 people you reffered to that perhaps the challenger deserved to win. However Tripl4 H was put over to solidify his role as the top dog and the top heel in the WWE.

Kevin Nash, again, the same reason as Steiner, Nash was mid forties, slow, old news. Triple H was the young, talented, top guy in the WWE, no chance Nash was going over.

Goldberg. I think if you look back you'll find that Goldberg went over Triple H and defeated him for the World Heavyweight Championship. Triple H only won it back months later in a triple threat featuring Kane.

Besides, Triple H is a better wrestler than any of the 4 you mentioned. Better in the ring and on the mic. As for you worrying Triple H never put guys over, He's put over a quite a few in his WWE career (Rock, Austin, Cena, Orton, Batista, Undertaker, HBK, many more, and soon to be presumably, CM Punk)

Nash doesn't count because he was a WWE guy first, and a close friend of Triple H. If anything Nash probably agreed to put his friend over as the top guy.

IMO Booker T definitely should have won the title. He was over huge with the crowd and could have been a top face. With the right push he could have been a cash cow.

Steiner was terrible. I never watched WCW so I wasn't caught up in the hype of top WCW guys coming over. I watched them and then formed my own opinion of them. My opinion of Steiner wasn't good. If he won, I would have been pissed. I still think he should have went to Smackdown.

Goldberg also doesn't count. He was always made to look good. He never lost clean the whole time he was there (at least I didn't see him loose clean) and they always made him look strong in defeat.

If WWE let every top WCW star that walked in become champ, they would be TNA. Not bashing TNA, but they need to stop that.

Steiner should have never been booked as a face, his character works infinitely better as a heel. Steiner wasn't out of shape but has had so many injuries and God only knows what he did to his body to end up with that physique that he just couldn't keep up with the WWE pace, particularly as a face. Had he played a heel, he could have slowed down the pace of his matches and probably put on better matches. And yea, as for Nash, he got pulled due to injury not because of inability to draw, so maybe you should follow your advice and not be stupid. I did find it odd that HHH beat all of the former WCW guys and they weren't heard from soon after (except Booker). I think the WCW guys had a HUGE and probably impossible bar to reach in order to get over early in WWE and none did, the only reason guys like Booker did was they put in the time and work and eventually got there. I would not be the least bit surprised if there was some sort of mandate to ultimately have WWE guys get over and the wcw guys to not until they are converted over to wwe guys.

You mean to tell me Nash has had a successful career in the E? Maybe in the WWF days, but to this day, not in the E. Those WCW guys didn't go over solely because they weren't that good. WWE picked the wrong guys to bring in. If they were worth bringing in and worth having put over, it would have happened. I.E. King Booker.

Booking someone in an important match and having them lose isn't burying them.

You have to admit, if Daniel Bryan fought HHH at WM this year and lost, it would still be a huge boost to his character.

I like Steiner, Nash, Booker and Goldberg, but HHH has proven himself to be an overall better wrestler, talker, and draw than all four of them.

I wouldn't change the way things were booked.

Not exactly true.

As for you worrying Triple H never put guys over, He's put over a quite a few in his WWE career (Rock, Austin, Cena, Orton, Batista, Undertaker, HBK, many more, and soon to be presumably, CM Punk)

How did Trips put over Rock, Austin, Taker or HBK? I believe they were already top stars before HHH.

But to answer the OP HHH shouldnt have lost to any of those guys besides Booker T. Not even to Goldberg. I was never a Goldberg fan and always thought his gimmick was bland as hell

I don't belive in guys getting over based on their merits in another company. That is what TNA does now to capitalize on star power. I used to think Vince was feeding HHH these guys to make it seem WWE was a more superior roster but, Vince has been doing this for years with outside guys. Think about "Handsome" Harley Race's Run in WWF. He lost to a prime Hogan. "Common Man" Dusty Rhodes never made it past mid-card status. Barry Windham (Widow Maker, Stalker ??? really) was a BUST!!! These guys were established vets before WWF called them up. WWE didnt need any of the above mentioned because really, they made no significant impact while they were there. Same goes for Goldberg, Steiner and Nash and that's not a knock on any of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back