Hey Jersey Triad, Here Are Your Tax Dollars At Work

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
[Gossip] Jersey Shore To Cost New Jersey Taxpayers $420,000
Posted by Joseph Lee on 09.16.2011

I'm sure they love that...

The state of New Jersey had already expressed their dislike of the way Jersey Shore had affected their image, but now they have more reason to complain.

The state's Economic Development Authority approved covering up to $420,000 of the production costs for the show's first season.

Assemblyman Declan O'Scanlon said he can't believe taxpayers are paying "for fake tanning for `Snooki' and `The Situation."'

From 411mania.com.

Yeah, great to see Governor Christie's fiscal conservatism at play.

One could argue that it has been a tremendous investment and brought in lots of tourism dollars and jobs to the area. NJ tax payers have probably profited off the show's success.

Chicago gives breaks to Hollywood all the time to film here. Dark Knight, Transformers 3 and the upcoming Superman movie are all getting special treatment from the city.

I don't agree with NJ decision to use funds this was but this kind of stuff is commonplace.

One could argue that it has been a tremendous investment and brought in lots of tourism dollars and jobs to the area. NJ tax payers have probably profited off the show's success.

Chicago gives breaks to Hollywood all the time to film here. Dark Knight, Transformers 3 and the upcoming Superman movie are all getting special treatment from the city.

I don't agree with NJ decision to use funds this was but this kind of stuff is commonplace.

Yes but are any of those things actively making the population less intelligent?

Michael Bay movies do lead to less intelligence KB. Between the shore and Bay movies, I'm not sure which is worse.

Michael Bay movies do lead to less intelligence KB. Between the shore and Bay movies, I'm not sure which is worse.

Yes, but did they ever cause someone to call themselves the Situation or Snooki? And I liked Pearl Harbor.

Do Ghetto bots and humping robots count?

And I believe there was a song from Team America that summed up Pearl Harbor. Cuba Gooding was so much better then Ben affleck.

Team America is all kinds of awesome, racial stereotypes, explosions, puppets having sex (and pooing on each other), everything you would want in a movie.

I thought the general concept of American programming was to get as large a market share as possible, so that you could charge more for your commercials and product placements during said programs which in turn funded future series?

I've heard about this today and even though I'm not from NJ, this is still outrageous. I would be livid if I had to pay with my taxpayer money to give these low life, narcissistic metrosexuals fame and power over NJ. It makes me sick but I'm glad that I don't have to live with that kind of embarrassment over here in CT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back