Hey I Dug That Mighty Mouse Idea!

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
Ah the post Mania Raw debut, been a coveted spot since 2002 it seems. Many have come in on that fateful day and made names for themselves; this year it was Neville and Lucha Dragons from NXT. We know how it gonna goes now, the big NXT debut is to be done in that smarky to the hill crowd and they are generally going to be very well received on that one night (can't wait for Zayn, Owens, Balor and Enzo's debuts).
But the personas receive a twist to their gimmick on the main roster however Neville came in pretty much with his NXT gimmick of 'The man that gravity forgot';

Ye, looks silly spelled out.

Anyway before his debut, there were rum our rounds of this Mighty Mouse character being reported and while I was very skeptical at first, when I saw Neville in a WWE ring I realized bah gawd that pipsqueak is jacked up! I mean look at this!

p5dhcXl.jpg

(only on a wrestling forum can I post this image and not be called gay)

Whats wrong with that Mighty Mouse gimmick? I mean yes WWE can't be as stupid as making those references blatantly on air (then again...) and if they show this little guy pulling off cool feats of strength, I think the wave can catch on and he can make a unique name for himself in pro wrestling. He would become a novelty and on top of all that; that baby boy can fly! I think there is something that can be done here to make him a bigger player who can chomp it with the big dogs. Give him another moniker like 'The Pitbull' or 'The Powerhouse' that glorifies his image of being this, this little beast and let's see where it rolls.

The dirtsheets started that Mighty Mouse garbage and it's totally off. He got big ears, which are his, and a cape.
Mighty Mouse is much more than a cape. Austin Aries has a cape, is he Mighty Mouse or Underdog or whatever shit the dirtsheets can come up with?
No.

Shuts stupid, stop buying in to that nonsense.

The dirtsheets started that Mighty Mouse garbage and it's totally off. He got big ears, which are his, and a cape.
Mighty Mouse is much more than a cape. Austin Aries has a cape, is he Mighty Mouse or Underdog or whatever shit the dirtsheets can come up with?
No.

Shuts stupid, stop buying in to that nonsense.

Yea I definitely agree with ya about that Mighty Mouse bullshit..If Neville were given that gimmick, it'd be instant Wrestlecrap on par with The New Day and The Ascension.

I hope that he just keeps doing what he's doing without any asinine gimmicks..Neville's insanely talented and I hope that WWE capitalizes on that above all else.

Though I'll admit that when I first saw him in the indies before he was signed to the WWE, Neville's face reminded me of some English medieval ghoul/goblin type of creature..

Imagine you were about to make your debut on Monday Night RAW........................................................
As a damn mouse. "Mighty" more like kill me.

To even think wwe would consider giving Neville such a gimmick is a complete insult to him as an athlete and wrestler.This guy has moves that will have you wondering "how the he'll did he do That? and will guarantee to impress each and every time he steps into that ring.

If anyone deserves this gimmick it should be John Cena with his cheesy promos and his mighty comebacks.

Always thought Mighty Mouse merely meant that he would be a guy who fought hard against all odds moreso than him being some sort of cartoon character.

For fucks sake I dont mean become Mighty Mouse, but that gimmick of being a powerhouse at his size would give him a unique persona, stick to that boys and girls!

More like Daniel Bryan actually... :shrug:

Thing is, given Neville's size in that whilst short, he is well built, it would be a very suitable gimmick.

Remember, when Daniel Bryan first came 'round, he was allowed to lose matches outright, as he did when fighting all-time immortals such as Sin Cara. At that point in his career, I don't know that WWE intended him to reach the heights he did. We might keep this in mind in terms of Neville's development.

Still, I'll admit surprise to watching Mighty Mouse lose outright twice in his brief time on the main roster. Okay, you figured he'd fall to Seth Rollins, but when Neville lost cleanly to Dolph Ziggler, the first thing I thought of were the early days of Daniel Bryan......and the idea that early losses don't have to doom a new talent to obscurity.

mm.jpg

He would probably have an opportunity to make WWE and himself more money if he went for a more kid oriented gimmick. Imagine the t-shirts and toys he could sell if they made him more of a cartoonish character. Right now he just seems to be another smark/IWC darling who will get hoots and hollers but ultimately not get paid.

The future remains to be seen but he seems like a guy who could have benefited being under a mask for a while. Now it is harder for him to go back that direction.

Right now I would like him to go find a big man partner (Big E/Reigns?) and compete on the tag scene against Kidd and Cesaro.

Remember, when Daniel Bryan first came 'round, he was allowed to lose matches outright, as he did when fighting all-time immortals such as Sin Cara. At that point in his career, I don't know that WWE intended him to reach the heights he did. We might keep this in mind in terms of Neville's development.

Still, I'll admit surprise to watching Mighty Mouse lose outright twice in his brief time on the main roster. Okay, you figured he'd fall to Seth Rollins, but when Neville lost cleanly to Dolph Ziggler, the first thing I thought of were the early days of Daniel Bryan......and the idea that early losses don't have to doom a new talent to obscurity.

mm.jpg

It depends entirely on how much of his ability he gets to show to the fans. Yes, he has lost twice to bigger Stars and beat Axel twice, but in that time, I think he has shown enough of his talent to get noticed. I wasn't around for the initial D-Bry years, but I am sure that he too came in with a rep which endeared him to 'smarks' and then proceeded to show others what he was capable of thereby establishing a fan base.

Look at Bray Wyatt. I think he has been let down somewhat by creative and it has soured some people, but yet, he is still managing to get people intrigued in who his target is. I think that shows how well he is playing the character regardless, and thus losing feuds hasn't impacted him as hard as it would have for a lesser superstar.

This Neville on WWE now is the "Mighty Mouse" gimmick - cape, superhero type entrance. Why people take the "Mighty Mouse" part so literally is beyond me.

Also the same "reports" said Kalisto was going to be a effeminate hairdresser, and that AJ has been pregnant for longer than Curtis Axel has been in the Royal Rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back