Here's Your Winner and NEW UNITED STATES CHAMPION!

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Santino-Marella_display_image.jpg

Moments ago Santino defeated Jack Swagger to capture the United States championship on Raw. Laurinaitis was ringside with Vickie Guerrero, David Otunga, and Dolph Ziggler. Teddy Long was also ringside with Aksana and Kofi Kingston (?). Santino won by rolling out of the Ankle Lock and catching the former champion with a roll-up for the three-count!

This marks Santino's third singles championship reign (2 former IC title reigns). Personally I couldn't be happier. Not only do I hate Jack Swagger, but like the rest of the world I love Santino. I'm sure he'll probably drop it on Smackdown when Laurinaitis is in charge, but still it's a good step in the right direction. I'm really enjoying the Long/Laurinaitis feud, much more than I thought I would in fact!

Thoughts?

Well unfourtunately Greenie, I have to disagree with this title change. Seriously why of all people does Jack Swagger have to drop the belt to Santino? WHY?!

It makes no sense, does the E just need to have him not a have a belt so he can do the tag team thing with Dolph? Is this just a thank you reign for Santino? Is any of this making sense to anyone?!

Thoughts on this is simply that Swagger will get the title back on Smackdown when Ace is in charge. Looks more certain there will be a six man tag match at Mania with Swagger/Ziggler/Otunga v Santino/Kofi/Jackson with both GM's in the corner of their team.

I hope it's not a quick turn around at Smackdown. It could be a win/win for both guys. I'd like to see a few small changes to Santino's in ring work to make him a more legitimate threat but still be Santino. Swagger's in ring work is very solid but he could gain a lot of character development and heat working against Santino.

Maybe the title will end up on Wrestlemania after all.

Absolutely agreed. Santino is under appreciated as a worker and is incredibly over. While I understand the comic relief nature of Santino's gimmick (which is a necessary aspect of wrestling, despite some's belief).

He Sure as hell Deserves it.

Im afraid even With Vickie G, Swagger is in Credibly boring to watch and Maybe it could be me, but I dont believe he gets much of a reaction if any.

Santino on the other hand is eternally Over with the Crowd,They pop just about Everywhere for him. I dont know about Sales of his merch if santino even has any, but for him being so over he must sell alot. He is Great on the Mic, he CAN Wrestle, the Crowd Loves him, He Deserves this title. Congrats to Santinooooo

It`s obviously headed down the path of a 'stable' vs 'stable' match(es) at Mania. Personally, I'd rather see them do a best of 3 series at Mania rather than the more obvious 6 man tag. I'd push for Otunga vs Santino, Ziggler vs Kofi and Swagger vs a Mystery Opponent ( Drew McIntyre). Currently, there are 5 matches announced. This would make 8 and Orton vs Kane being 9. Throw in a women's match and it's a really good card.

Fuck Yes!!

Santino damn well deserves this! He works his ass off every week. Jack Swagger is dull, Santino is entertaining. With his performance as of late, I had no doubt that Santino would get something he deserved, and here it is. Your New WWE United States Champion!

I just hope he doesn't lose it at the Smackdown tapings tomorrow night

First of all santino is utterly the most underappreciated worker there is in the WWE!! He is a fantastic wrestler and can wrestle circles around people if given the proper chance. I for one am happy as hell that he is the new US champion! Santino Santino!! I can see the rematch happening at WM why not give santino a WM matchup!! He sure as hell deserves it does he not?

He is funny, over with the crowd more than any other superstar on the roster. WWE does appreciate their employees why not have him take on swagger at WM for the us title i am down for that! Cobra power baby

no time for 10 matches? its a 4 hour ppv

When you consider HHH v Undertaker is going to last a good 20-30 minutes (thats not even including the time to put the Cell up and Down and the entrances), then you have Cena v Rock which is going to last about 20 minutes too, the Hall of Fame and all of the Wrestlemania promotional work/national anthem/live singer, you instantly take out a good hour and a bit of the PPV. Plus look what happened last year, Sheamus v Bryan was pulled because of time restraints, adding three matches that could be done in one isn't a sensible move.

Well unfourtunately Greenie, I have to disagree with this title change. Seriously why of all people does Jack Swagger have to drop the belt to Santino? WHY?!

It makes no sense, does the E just need to have him not a have a belt so he can do the tag team thing with Dolph? Is this just a thank you reign for Santino? Is any of this making sense to anyone?!

Santino could have won the WHC at EC last month, and people would have loved it. They would have ate that shit up. Santino is far more entertaining than 90% of the roster. His in ring work is comical yes, but still entertaining. His promo work is also entertaining.

So to answer why did Swagger have to drop the title to Santino? Because Santino is far more over than Swagger has ever been at any point in his career.

It`s obviously headed down the path of a 'stable' vs 'stable' match(es) at Mania. Personally, I'd rather see them do a best of 3 series at Mania rather than the more obvious 6 man tag. I'd push for Otunga vs Santino, Ziggler vs Kofi and Swagger vs a Mystery Opponent ( Drew McIntyre). Currently, there are 5 matches announced. This would make 8 and Orton vs Kane being 9. Throw in a women's match and it's a really good card.

A fun idea, but that would be way too many singles matches on the card IMO.

I think the Santino win can be a good thing because his celebration and the crowd's reaction to his win certainly put over what a big deal it is to be US Champion. Anything that makes the title look important is good in my books.

He deserves it. But I kinda think he's been given Ryder's push. They take Ryder off of TV, then Santino wins the mini battle royal on SD for the spot in the Chamber, and tonight he wins the US Title.

I've already seen this act four years ago and it doesn't make me any more happier. Honestly, the U.S. Title has been irrelevant for pretty much its entire WWE existence and Santino holding it won't change anything. Further indication that only the two world titles matter which is a shame.

I'm more than ok with this. Santino is crazy over and I think (while he is a comedic guy) would make for an entertaining US champ due to that. I could see them doing the switch and having the title go back to Swagger on SD, but what good does that do? I mean Swagger rarely appeared after he won the title, Santino is on TV nearly every week. The guy is entertaining and the crowd absolute eats him up. Why not give him the title and see what he can do? I'm game for it as long as he keeps up the good work. The guy is entertaining and that is all that truly matters.

Anyone would be a better champion than Swagger. But I hate to say it, I think the title is going back on Swagger soon. This looks like a set up for a team Laurinaitis vs team Long. I was very happy to see Santino capture the belt though, even if it is short lived.

When you consider HHH v Undertaker is going to last a good 20-30 minutes (thats not even including the time to put the Cell up and Down and the entrances), then you have Cena v Rock which is going to last about 20 minutes too, the Hall of Fame and all of the Wrestlemania promotional work/national anthem/live singer, you instantly take out a good hour and a bit of the PPV. Plus look what happened last year, Sheamus v Bryan was pulled because of time restraints, adding three matches that could be done in one isn't a sensible move.

If you give 20 mins each for the big PPV, it'll be 1.20 hrs. That means promos and undercard matches have 2.40 hrs. A single PPV can run in 2.40 hrs. So, there will not be any shortage this year because they should keep that singing and dancing for the audiences only. We don't need this.

Now onto this topic. It's a good decision made by the WWE because Swagger was going no where with the title. Swagger is boring as a turtle and Santino is over as hell. He deserved the title because he has done great in the recent times. It's better to put the title on Santino rather than do nothing with it.

Santino really does have great talent, but the creative staff seems to like to put good talent to waste by throwing them in a gimmick that is simply stupid. Santino has the ability to WRESTLE in matches and put on a great performance, but the staff ruins it by giving him an abomination of a character. I think that if the staff gets there heads out of their a*ses, Santio could be a very competitive wrestler.

Congratulations Santino. Jack Swagger was a shit Champion. People can make excuses about him not being included in any storylines and whatnot but I don't see it that way. If you want to get on TV, you have to make people care about you; Jack Swagger didn't do that during his reign as the United States Champion. Santino is a phenomenal option here for the new Champion. Mainly because he's been so goddamn over as of late; starting when he won Smackdown's Battle Royal to become the sixth participant in Smackdown's Elimination Chamber match. I'll admit, I wasn't totally behind that but winning tonight - that's something I can get behind. He can certainly garner alot more interest to the once prestigious title alot more than Jack Swagger could.

However, as we saw on Raw tonight, Santino's United States Title win is more than likely apart of the bigger storyline between John Laurinaitis and Teddy Long which I do not have a problem with. Like I said, anything is better than a Champion who cannot get on TV.

Santino really does have great talent, but the creative staff seems to like to put good talent to waste by throwing them in a gimmick that is simply stupid. Santino has the ability to WRESTLE in matches and put on a great performance, but the staff ruins it by giving him an abomination of a character. I think that if the staff gets there heads out of their a*ses, Santio could be a very competitive wrestler.

He continually gets some of the biggest reactions of the night. I can't see calling that a waste. You may not like his gimmick but judging by the crowd reactions a lot of fans do.

I like pepsi instead of coke, that doesn't mean coke is bad.

I was glad Santino won the US Title tonight. He deserves it,he is over,and is not bad in the Ring. Congrats Santino you deserve it.

I'm glad he got the belt! At least he will be entertaining unlike Swagger. I used to despise Santino for years but over the last year he grew on me. I agree he's very under-appreciated and they can't get any worse then the last champ. LOL Sad that the IWC's "next great thing" Ziggler was the muscle tonight for Swagger. That used to be Swagger's job for him. I smell Superstars for them both to join the island of misfit never have beens!

After his performance during the Elimination Chamber its very well deserved. He saved the Smackdown chamber match from being awful.

Swagger was making the US title irrelevant again. The title actually became much more relevant recently with Ziggler and Ryder. Fans are really into Santino right now. Nobody cared that Swagger was champ.

Him winning this title and with how John Laurinaitis was acting, it made me think of what could happen on Smackdown.

Out of anger for what Teddy did with booking Santino in the match, and with him winning, John will end up rehiring Drew McIntyre to Smackdown and will book him in a US Title match with Santino, in which he ends up winning.

It will work out as Teddy can't "fire" a champion.

Lol good for Santino. I'm not his biggest fan but I respect it. His pops have been huge lately. I'm pretty sure he'll be a much better champion than Swagger who is God awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back