• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help Me Buy ROH DVD's Please!

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Any ROH fans out there that know which of the 2008-2010 DVDs are worth buying, if any? They have a ton of them on sale for $5 right now, and have some extra cash to pick a few up.

I've looked at "Reverse the Curse" in Chicago, with Aries/Cabana as the main event. Title Classic II with Kings of Wrestling vs. American Wolves.

Any suggestions?

Get Death before Dishonor VIII from '10. It is the best single show being offered in this deal that's not OOP. Three or four really great matches on that card. Also Final Battle 2010 is a must have for the final 2 matches alone. GBH that year is also a solid show, and the main event of Richards vs. Daniels is a match worth having the DVD for. Aside from maybe Final Battle '09, most of the stuff that they still offer on the site from '08 and '09 is not must-have by any means.

Also the HDNet compilations are a decent deal. Volume 3 is definitely the best single volume. Volume 9 is also pretty good. Volume 6 gives you the entire tourney that crowned the first TV champ and has a great final between Davey and Eddie.

Hope that helps.

If Davey Richards is in the main event, buy it.

But I'm biased.

This.

Final Battlle 2009. Aries versus Black alone is good enough reason to purchase it, the video package that aired before the match is the second best ROH has ever produced, after Steen/Generico which is simply phenomenal. Speaking of which, you'll also get the chance to see the nightmare begin in all its unedited glory.

final battle 2010 had alot of really good matches on it. It is well worth 5 bucks, especially if you haven't seen it yet.

I don't know much ROH but I'll tell you this:

Davey Richards made me stop watching ROH. Let that sink in for a minute.

I don't know much ROH but I'll tell you this:

Davey Richards made me stop watching ROH. Let that sink in for a minute.

Thank God he's toned it down quite a bit lately. He was getting unbearable there for a while. Also, putting him against wrestlers not named Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong helped a lot, too. If those three never face each other again I'll be happy.

Thank God he's toned it down quite a bit lately. He was getting unbearable there for a while. Also, putting him against wrestlers not named Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong helped a lot, too. If those three never face each other again I'll be happy.

Yeah I was watching around the Final Battle build with Edwards. It was ridiculous.

Why? He was one of their better talents, at least at the time I was watching.

1. He wasn't wrestling. He was a kickboxer in a wrestling ring.

2. The lack of selling at all drives me crazy. If you get kicked in the face, you're going to move a bit, not scream and clothesline someone without going down.

3. His feud with Edwards was dreadfully uninteresting with the focal point being Dan freaking Severn.

1. He wasn't wrestling. He was a kickboxer in a wrestling ring.

2. The lack of selling at all drives me crazy. If you get kicked in the face, you're going to move a bit, not scream and clothesline someone without going down.

3. His feud with Edwards was dreadfully uninteresting with the focal point being Dan freaking Severn.

Richards is the guy who said "pro wrestling is what he does to pass the time betwen jiu jitsu classes" right?

Davey even admits in his shoot DVD he was poorly booked - and there lied the problem.

Much better in a tag team, and showing some personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back