Helms To Be In More Trouble?

Scotty

I have a PHD in Horribleness
Muscle Relaxer Found on Arrested WWE Star

Posted Feb 2nd 2010 12:05AM by TMZ Staff

Chris Jericho's jail buddy and fellow WWE star Greg "Hurricane" Helms had a single muscle relaxer -- as in one pill -- on him when he was arrested last week for public intoxication ... this according to the police report.

According to the report, "a search of Helm's purse revealed one white round pill" which cops say was a Soma -- the generic version of the muscle relaxer Carisoprodol and a "schedule
four narcotic."

Soma is no stranger to wrestling controversy. Dr. Phil Astin was recently jailed for 10 years after he was busted for prescribing Soma -- among other drugs -- in large quantities to wrestlers Chris Benoit and Michael Durham before they died.

In the report, it says Helms told cops he had a prescription for the pill but was not able to show proof of it at the time. Cops did not press charges against Helms over the single Soma pill.

WWE has yet to get back to us.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/02/muscl...-jericho-wwe-arrested-mug-shot/#ixzz0eMJl30fw

Will this get Helms in more trouble, or is this some sort of medicine for his neck injury? If this indeed has nothing to do with his neck surgery, then I expect Helms to get the ol' Future Endeavored message within the next few weeks. My question to you is what was he doing with this muscle relaxer and what impact will it have with his future with the WWE? But keep in mind that this was one pill while Benoit was prescribed hundreds.

I'm pretty sure it is something for the neck injury, a buddy of mine gets Soma prescribed after he fell off of a house, and while it is not a pain killer(which my buddy gets too,and Im pretty sure Helms would get), mixed with pain killers it can be very, very affective at stopping pain. He had a almost career ending injury so it would not shock me to see him getting Soma prescribed. My guess on what he was doing, either nothing and it was left there by accident or getting high legally. Soma can give you a buzz,(a very somber, relaxed buzz) and mixed with alcohol(he was at a bar right?) it only gets stronger, so it shouldn't be out of the question that he brought some to the bar to take with his drinks. Crazy? Maybe, but we all know how wrestlers love to get high, numerous backstage reports, and many drug induced deaths have shown us that. I don't think he will get into any trouble over this one, hell they even brought this whole deal up on TV, so I think he gets to keep his job.

Helms won't be in trouble as he had a prescription for the drug, he just didn't have it on him at the time. If anything, this is probably factored into his bail cost. What I would say though is that the image of him and this story will be detrimental to the company, so you can probably expect him to be punished by jobbing out to the lower card guys on ECW. Zack Ryder, welcome to the winner's circle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back