• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heavyweight Title Fight Today (Boxing)

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
How bad of a sign is it that the first I heard of it was on ESPN.com in their headlines section that the fight was over?

How bad of a sign is it that the first I heard of it was on ESPN.com in their headlines section that the fight was over?

HBO have not aired a klitschko fight for a while as they are so boring and one sided. Klits enterance was a masterpiece involving Ali, should be up on youtube soon.

I remember Klitschko losing to Lennox Lewis because of that nasty cut on his eye.... Last time I gave a shit about one of either Klitschko brothers fights.

Wladimir Klitschko's Muhammad Ali entrance today was one of the most innovative and classiest things I've ever seen. I highly recommend seeking it out if you missed out on it.

The Klitschko Brothers are so boring to watch. Sure, they play to their strengths doing a lot of good work behind their jab but they are both somewhat one dimensional.

It doesn't help that the heavyweight division worldwide is populated solely by over-the-hill fighters like John Ruiz, circus freaks like Valuev, never-weres like Audley Harrison and guys like Samuel Peter who are the epitome of average and is looking for a cruiserweight like David Haye to breathe some life into it.

Another problem for the division is the lack of interest from the American market as this allows the Klitschkos to dictate terms to anyone wanting a fight with them, including a world champion like Haye. For me, a world title fight should be brought together by the third party and staged at a neutral venue rather than between two groups with vested interests

I think Vitali Klitschko is a joy to watch, man, as long as he's in there with someone who will actually fight him. The dude is easily the best Heavyweight since Lennox Lewis.

His brother though, is boring as shit, and he takes too many easy fights. Still, Wladimir earned a lot of points with me for that entrance yesterday. It was so awesome. And the fact that he gets to bang Hayden Pannettiere on a regular basis makes him kind of cool in my book as well, lol.

I think Vitali Klitschko is a joy to watch, man, as long as he's in there with someone who will actually fight him. The dude is easily the best Heavyweight since Lennox Lewis.

His brother though, is boring as shit, and he takes too many easy fights. Still, Wladimir earned a lot of points with me for that entrance yesterday. It was so awesome. And the fact that he gets to bang Hayden Pannettiere on a regular basis makes him kind of cool in my book as well, lol.

2nd best Klitschko enterance ever.

Vitali certainly is the better of the two brothers and is certainly the best heavyweight in the world at the moment. But I do not think that that is saying much. I know that he can only beat what is put in front of him but I think he and Wladimir have been very cute in who they fight.

Sure, Wladimir did not have to fight Peter again, especially after he gave him a real run for his money the last time but why has there been no fight with Haye? Why has there been no fight with Valuev?

Барбоса;2422830 said:
Sure, Wladimir did not have to fight Peter again, especially after he gave him a real run for his money the last time but why has there been no fight with Haye? Why has there been no fight with Valuev?

David Haye has been ducking the Klitschkos for some time now.

And I don't know why you would want to see one of the Klitschkos destroy Valuev. That fight would be worthless.

The toughest fight out there for either Klitschko is Aleksandr Povetkin, who Wladimir was originally supposed to fight, but they constantly disputed over a bunch of dumb shit like a couple of little *****, so we had to settle with Samuel Peter. So that sucked, but hopefully Wladimir and Povetkin can work something out, because I think Povetkin can beat Wladimir, which would then set-up a Super Fight between Povetkin and Vitali, which would definitely end up being the biggest Heavyweight Boxing fight in years.

David Haye has been ducking the Klitschkos for some time now.

And I don't know why you would want to see one of the Klitschkos destroy Valuev. That fight would be worthless.

The toughest fight out there for either Klitschko is Aleksandr Povetkin, who Wladimir was originally supposed to fight, but they constantly disputed over a bunch of dumb shit like a couple of little *****, so we had to settle with Samuel Peter. So that sucked, but hopefully Wladimir and Povetkin can work something out, because I think Povetkin can beat Wladimir, which would then set-up a Super Fight between Povetkin and Vitali, which would definitely end up being the biggest Heavyweight Boxing fight in years.

Adamcek has a better chance than Povetkin, Povetkin has been pulled out on numerous occasions lastly by Teddy Atlas who simply gave his excuse as Povetkin not being ready for the fight. Nuff said.

The Haye/Klitschko dynamic is a strange one.

The feeling I got when Haye first stepped up to heavyweight was that Wladimir intentionally ducked him while Vitali did not see him as a worthy contender to his crown.

I now think that Haye has been caught up in his own propaganda and believes that he is on the level of the Klitschkos, certainly with Wladimir anyway and that he should be treated as an equal.

He also painted himself into a corner with his baiting of the Klitschkos when they were not prepared to fight him and he was chasing a title. Now that he has a world title to protect, he looks more than a little foolish, especially when he takes a fight against Harrison, rather than chancing his arm against Wladimir, who I think he could beat.

This whole scenario is the reason why heavyweight boxing and much of boxing itself, outside of the 'superfights' is in decline. To drum up interest, there should be a concerted effort to find a true heavyweight champion with Haye/Wladimir and Vitali/Povetkin with the winners squaring off - of course, the Klitschkos refusal to fight each other could scupper that too

Heavyweight boxing won't be interesting unless a) Haye beats one of the Klitschkos, but that seems unlikely to happen or b) the Klitschkos fight each other, which certainly won't happen. The complete lack of anyone American or charismatic is a real problem. Nobody is interested in Haye decimating Audley Harrison.

Adamcek has a better chance than Povetkin, Povetkin has been pulled out on numerous occasions lastly by Teddy Atlas who simply gave his excuse as Povetkin not being ready for the fight. Nuff said.

Lol... what dream World are you living in, man?

Adamek could barely beat Chris Arreola... what makes you think he could compete against either Klitschko?

Lol... what dream World are you living in, man?

Adamek could barely beat Chris Arreola... what makes you think he could compete against either Klitschko?

And you think Povetkin has any chance? If Povetkin and Adamek fought each other in the next year, i would take adamek every day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back