Have WWE promoted the right guys?

ShatteredDreamsProduction

WWE Just Blog It's Bushwhacker
I've been watching NXT a lot more recently, and I've recently started thinking, are wwe moving the right guys up at the right time.

Obviously the shield and the Wyatt's were the right choice as shown at the past few PPVs.

But what about the lower middle card they are packing with NXT alumni.
Big E looked promising at first, but seems to have flatlined recently. Which is disappointing because I personally like him. Not using his 5 count gimmick really doesn't make sense.

Then Rusev, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose are the most recent graduates, and it just seems like they have very specific gimmicks that work in a smaller arenas, but are too niche for the large Raw and Smackdown arenas.

So did wwe make the right choice? If not who should have been given a chance instead.

Personally Sami Zayn is a guy is love to see on the main roster instead, he seems much more suited to bigger crowds, as he lets his wrestling do the talking.
And also in a few months or so when his NXT title has gone, maybe Adrian Neville as well.

And definitely get The Ascension up there ASAP to bolster the Tag Team division. A monster tag team is definitely needed just to shake things up in there.

I thought the same thing a while back, wanting to bring up Zayn and Neville. But then what would become of NXT?

NXT needs Zayn and Neville right now. Without them we have Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze fighting for the NXT title, and who else? I hear WWE are big on Mojo Rawley, but he doesn't get a lot of TV time yet.

So yes, I think they are pushing the right guys. I'd have preferred tonight that Rusev sing the Russian anthem like Nikolai Volkoff did back in the day; but otherwise I'm happy with his build. Not sure where Big E will go from here. The rest of the guys you mentioned are set.

My problem with Big E is that he constantly covers his opinion after every move. That bothers me so much haha. I think they really need to exploit his athleticism. He is capable of so much more than what he demonstrates in the ring.

NXT needs Zayn and Neville right now. Without them we have Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze fighting for the NXT title, and who else?

Who cares about what NXT needs? It's a developmental program. Even if the guy fighting for the title is green as goose-shit, it doesn't matter. They're there to practice and improve. We just get to see them while they do it. The show doesn't need to be filled with excellent match-ups.

In fact, every excellent match-up in NXT just feels out of place. We keep seeing shit matches on Raw and it doesn't make any sense. If the NXT guys are ready for TV, move them to the main roster.

out of the Three, the only one that I think has any real potential is Adam Rose and while he had been wrestling in NXT for quite a while as Leo Kruger, the Adam Rose character was still fairly new and WWE could have done with holding off bring him up until after Summerslam to give Ray more time to develope the character. As for Bo Dallas, the whole Bolieve thing is already starting to bore me and I can see him along with Rusev (who has as much personality as Stick) ending up back in NXT before the end of the year.

As far as I am concerned, the the only ones that WWE should have considered bringing up after Wrestlemania, were Sami Zayn and the Ascension. Zayn has proven he can go in the ring with impressive peformances against the likes off Cesaro and adrian neville and has quickly established himself as a fan favourite. As for the Ascension, The main Roster is in need of another tag team at the moment and with there unique look and in ring abilitie, they would have no problem establishing themselves on the roster.

Problem with wwe is that they don't stay behind people, they dump them as soon as they get a reaction they don't like. Look at Sandow - a year ago people were waiting for him to be World Champ yet now he is a comedy act. wwe has done that with a ton of guys so it isn't a matter of bringing up the wrong guys, they could bring up Zayn tomorrow and in 2 months we could be talking about him this very way if one crowd reaction is off. Despite how good the talent at NXT is, you are still dealing with the wwe mindset and once they hit there, there is no guarantee wwe will support them.

The whole point of NxT is to build a talent up and see what he/she can do with a given character both on the mic and in the ring plus whether what he does gets over with the crowd or not.

Right now the top crop of NXT is Adrian Neville, Zayn, Breeze, and Kidd. While this seems like a small crop at the top its quite enough to sustain the show as all four are over with the Full Sail Crowd and can carry programs until the next NxT superstar arrives on the scene.

NXT has had its fair share of superstars who made it to the big stage and made there presence felt. Obvious examples are The Shield, Wyatt Family, Cesaro.

The batch of NxT graduates have not really seen much failures as almost everyone who has debuted withen the last two years has had a regular Tv spot.

For the most part, WWE has promoted the right guys. The Shield, The Wyatts, Paige, and Emma are all going to be future stars. Rose could become a big name in the midcard and I enjoy his silly partier gimmick. Rusev and Bo are really the only two promotions that I disagree with. Bo Dallas is so annoying that he redefines the word annoying with his whole "Bo-lieve" thing. Bo may do better under a different gimmick or joining the Wyatts with his brother. I don't hate him as a wrestler, but I cringe anytime he holds a mic. Rusev sucks. He is as boring as they get and is only tolerable due to Lana. The moment he loses Lana or gets defeated in a match against a popular wrestler like Cena, Orton, or Bryan, he's a goner. I'd rather have seen Zayn get moved up instead of one of those two, but he will get his shot. WWE won't succeed with every NXT promotion so it's not the end of the world. Some will be great like The Shield and some, like Rusev, will suck.

I say WWE has promoted the right guy's look at guy's like Roman Reigns he is a beast and so is the Antonio Cesaro cat.Look at Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose.As far as the Russian guy he bores me he is only good with kicks,Big E hasn't got much of a chance besides of holding the IC title.But he didn't have anyone worth feuding with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back