Harts and Beards

violentautopsy80

Dark Match Jobber
You ever notice the none of the Harts ever grew their beards out? I know around 97/98 or so Owen grew a small goatee. But that was short lived.

I think it would've added to Bret Hart's heel character back in 97 to grow a villian looking beard.

And at his Hall of Fame speech he kinda looked like an old woman. Not making fun of him, cuz I am a huge Bret Hart fan and I think he could totally beat anyones ass in real life, probably even today.

I think a nice clean shavin face adds to a characters good guy image but wouldn't be cool to see Bret Hart sportin a nice Mike Knox-like beard?

Rowdy Piper has usually been a villian throughout his career but it took him a while to finally grow his beard.

Although I guess a beard just wouldn't look right on certain people, like Mcmahon for instance. Or Jim Ross. Was Bret Hart even able to grow a beard? I never even see stubble on him.

This is an odd topic of discussion and can probably be steered towards a slightly different direction about the perception of a wrestler with a beard or something.

Frankly though I don't know wht the topic of whether Bret Hart could grow a beard is needed for discussion. His facial grooming suff is for him to decide but as to the topic of facial hair in general in wrestling. I would say that it can define someone, key being Hogan with the handle bar moustache or Harley Race with the Confederate beard. Even Rick Rude and his mo, they get defined by them in a way. generally speaking I don't think that Facial hair matters much when it comes to the general look of a wrestler though I can see how a distinctive facial styling could help someone be defined by and define at the same time.

I don't think that Bret Hart growing a beard would have helped him become a greater heel. Bret had a pretty good heel turn in 97 without the beard. Owen did a good heel job practically his whole career without the beard. I don't think that a beard would have made a noticeable difference in their heel turns.

Of course, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart had a goatee, which went perfectly with his potbelly.

I keep worrying that Natalya will take after him.

Just kidding. Actually, I love Natalya. She must look like her mother, and thank heaven for that.

And I realize you can take issue with my assertion that Anvil is a Hart, but I think he is and always will be......certainly more than Tyler Reks (or whatever his name is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back