Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

FSWWE

Championship Contender
I just finished seeing the new trailer and I got stunned!
I'm a great Harry Potter fan, i've read them all, see every movie that got out in their premiere!!

For you that didnt catch the trailer here it is a link:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi137338137/

Well after this images, i am expecting that this movie figures in the TOP100 of all times!! And maybe, maybe figuring the 2012 Oscars for best movie!

The storyline comes probably from the best book franchise ever made: J.K.Rowling Harry Potter Saga!!

So what's your thoughts??
Rate Harry Potter Saga on 1/10
I think that this Saga could have been huge, but Harry Potter 3,4,5 was a huge letdown, because all of this movie could have been by far better!!

In my minimals expectations i expect that this movie can prove that HP is by far better than Twilight, best original script at least!!

My rate on HP Saga: 9.1/10!!

You are right, the trailer for the new offering is pretty amazing, to be honest. I have read all of the books on multiple occasions and although I was not too fussed over the films in the middle of the series, it seems as though it is going to go out with a bang in this one. If anything though, the trailer for this one does seem to give a lot away and that annoys me. I know that they are trying to get people hyped up to see the final movie in the series but people are already there, you know? People already want to see this movie. They want to know how it ends. Nevertheless, the trailer is still brilliant and I am very much looking forward to ending this thing once and for all.

That being said, there is no way that it is going to make it, come Oscar season. The fact of the matter is that is is too early for it and lacks the qualities that the Academy is looking for in a movie. For one, it is too much of a blockbuster movie. Perhaps it will prove me wrong but I don't see a nomination for Best Picture unless it is a pretty slow year for film. That being said, I am not advocating that it shouldn't be listed. From what I have seen, this is going to be a brilliantly good offering and I am very excited. It may pick up a couple of nominations for art and setting but a Best Picture nomination will surprise me.

As for the entire series, I have to give it 8.5/10. It would have been higher but, as I said, it seemed to lose it's way during the series in the middle. Right after Prisoner Of Azkaban, it seemed to lose it's lustre and that was reflected in the movies. The first three were good and the last couple have been amazing. But I feel that 8.5 is a fair reflection of a quality series.

They pushed it back to July? That really annoys me.

I dont know how I feel about the trailer to be totally honest. I guess it didnt really do anything for me, it didnt make me any more excited to see the movie, but at the same time it didnt diminish my excitement either.

I could post a giant rant about why I thought movie 6 is the worst in the series, but I wont. Ill just say that I thought DH Part 1 was a massive step up from movie 6, even if it was a bit rushed.

I can't wait for this movie to come out. It's easily one of the most anticipated films of 2011 and is my pick to become the most financially successful movie this year. I agree with the original post that it will make it into the top 100 of all times list fairly quickly. I don't know about the Oscars.... It's too early to tell and we should wait until fall to begin having that discussion so that more films have a chance to come out first. I think that July is too long of a wait, having seen the first part so many months ago.... but it will be worth the wait when we finally get to see it. I give the series as a whole a 9.5 out of 10. Honestly I thought I would hate them, but I liked them a lot when I gave the series a chance. It is the best movie series out there currently and one of the best ever.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and have been following it closely since the first movie came out. I recently read all the books except the Deathly Hallows just so I wouldn't spoil the ending for myself. Normally, I find reading the books to be better than the movie, but in this case I believe this will be such an epic finish to a fantastic series that I must watch the movie to see how it ends. Unlike most movie critics, I have found every movie to be very entertaining, and very well made. I thought that the series has just gotten better and better. The Harry Potter saga has really become a staple in my movie collection, and along with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are in my top three favorite movie series. It's pretty bittersweet to see such an awesome Saga come to an end. I won't have any Harry Potter's to look forward to anymore. I just know that the final movie will really blow me away, and be a proper ending to a fucking fantastic movie saga. I will not be watching the trailer so I do not spoil anything for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back