Hard Justice name change for ECW?

wrestlemaniac

Getting Noticed By Management
Credit: thefightnetwork.com

New promotional material sent out for TNA's ECW-themed August PPV has a new name for the show - Hardcore Justice: One Last Stand. A new commercial for the show features fans chanting "ECW." It will be interesting to see how WWE reacts, if they do at all, to TNA using the ECW name to promote their product.

What do you all think? I don't know if I like it too much I mean maybe for one night it might be okay...I had read somewhere that Dreamer had thought of the last stand thing but not sure if he was the one that thought of changing hard justice to hardcore justice. Plus...i mean the promo vid for hard justice is out so will they get tech n9ne to redo his part in promo or not? for those of u who dont know, tech n9ine is the artist they are using....not filthy this year, what happened ther?

If they are going to go with the idea that ECW is taking over the PPV for the night then I'm fine with it. It does indeed make sense to call it that. Although I'm waiting for the typical thought of "they using One blank Stand! TNA IZ Rpping Off WWE!! OMZG!" It's getting old and you sound like a damn five year old when you say it. I like the name and I like the idea on paper. Then again it could turn into a total clusterfuck. We will justhave to wait and see.

If they are going to go with the idea that ECW is taking over the PPV for the night then I'm fine with it. It does indeed make sense to call it that. Although I'm waiting for the typical thought of "they using One blank Stand! TNA IZ Rpping Off WWE!! OMZG!" It's getting old and you sound like a damn five year old when you say it. I like the name and I like the idea on paper. Then again it could turn into a total clusterfuck. We will justhave to wait and see.

Err, it's true, so how can it get old? The truth NEVER gets old, and you NEVER sound like a five year old when you state facts. And that's what it is, a fact. If you want people to stop saying that, tell your homeboys to - hey here's an idea - stop ripping off the WWE. Just a thought.

I like the idea, but TNA is having the same problem they so often have...it's too short notice. They should've thought of this in April or May and organized it then. Or they should be organizing it for like September now. Do they even know which ECW alumn are going to be there? When WWE did One Night Stand, they had the entire thing finalized before there was any mention of it on air - and that was a month before the show happend. TNA is always in too big a rush to get things done, and they never let stuff build and play out. It's the same thing here.

Also, I really don't think TNA can get in trouble for their fans chanting ECW.

can we just grow up people? This is the tna ppv section so let's just keep it to tna. I get that one last stand is pretty much sounds like one night stand and has the same theme I thought a one night stand was just that...but apparently it wasn't...makes no sense to me.... Anyway, remember....dreamer came up with the idea and he hasn't even been with the company for a month...and hadn't another promotion done an angle as this before ONS? Either way, we all know people use other companies ideas whether it be types of character personas, storylines, past or current, ect. I mean I watched on youtube that rko on matt sydel mid shooting star...alex shelley already did that to sydel, they just recreated a spot. So what, right. Companies use others ideas, get over it. Keep this section tna/ecw to avoid childish bullshit. Take that to the pg section

I expect the mods to move this to the TNA vs WWE section soon.

WWE owns the trademarks to ECW, and to "One Night Stand." I expect that their lawyers will force TNA to change the name of the PPV, given the obvious reference to WWE's ECW One Night Stand PPV's. WWE is very serious about trademarks.

Err, it's true, so how can it get old? The truth NEVER gets old, and you NEVER sound like a five year old when you state facts. And that's what it is, a fact. If you want people to stop saying that, tell your homeboys to - hey here's an idea - stop ripping off the WWE. Just a thought.
hmmm.... Last I checked, the ECW guys are the one's organizing this little fiasco. Tommy Dreamer was a big part in booking the 2005 One Night Stand. So what you're saying is that he's ripping himself off?! What a cannibal.

I like the idea, but TNA is having the same problem they so often have...it's too short notice. They should've thought of this in April or May and organized it then. Or they should be organizing it for like September now. Do they even know which ECW alumn are going to be there? When WWE did One Night Stand, they had the entire thing finalized before there was any mention of it on air - and that was a month before the show happend. TNA is always in too big a rush to get things done, and they never let stuff build and play out. It's the same thing here.
Hmmm.... They did. Dreamer's signing with the company was something the wrestling tabloids never picked up on. He's been working since TNA left the Monday night slot. He's had the event organized and stories in place. He just wants more ECW guys (aside from the one's already available) to participate, because, you know, it's may not be all ECW.

As for changing the name, why not? It sounds cool. Plus it fits the bill of the event seeing how last year also featured a hardcore theme.

TNA is always in too big a rush to get things done, and they never let stuff build and play out. It's the same thing here.
Really? Because usually you hear the other sde that TNA always waits too long. Maybe it's just people are used to being spoonfed everything in one or two episodes and tend to forget a thing called patience. Hell it's already happened with this angle. One week in and people are already claiming it will fail.

I really don't mind the name that much and i am looking really forward to this show, especially if it is Lynn V RVD as the rumors are saying. That match itself would sell the PPV. But as others pointed out expect WWE to call in the FBI on the name and the references etc. They are going to have a field day :(

Most certainly happening, as the URL for the PPV website is now up and running at http://www.hardcorejustice.com/, and the graphic has been updated, as well.

HARDCORE-JUSTICE.jpg

I won't fault them (for now) for their terrible choices for "hardcore" graphic design with that disgusting font, but either way the "change" doesn't bother me, as it's obviously a one-off, and "Hard Justice" will likely return next year as Hard Justice, and not as another variation, WCW, WWF, WWE, NJPW, etc. "invasion" barring, that is.

just saw the hardcore justice promo, think we all know by now the main event but I think the promo confirms 2 or 3 other names. I could be mistaken but I hope I'm not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back