Halo Series and Resistance series

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Both Halo and Resistance have been hailed as some of the best FPS's of the past few years, what's even more interesting is that they are exclusive to a particular console. (Halo series on Xbox 360 and Resistance series on PS3) They are both Sci-Fi games humanity has to fight a non human enemy (the Covenant aliens and the Flood in Halo and the Chimera in Resistance) They are both some of the most highly popular games for their respective consoles.

Now what makes them so popular??. For me the Halo series is popular because it (moreso Halo 1) revolutionised the genre by making the player only allowed to have a certain amount of weapons and regenerative health (although it was technically a shield) these would be reproduced on many future FPS's. The story while interesting was generally a standard Sci-Fi story, aliens attacking humans, humans fighting them off. (now while they were other plot points I can't remember them so if somebody could help me out that would be appreciated)

On the other hand I feel the Resistance series is more popular thanks to the story and weapons. The story is an alternate version of World War 2 where Russia was sealed off and it turns out the Chrimera had invaded it and eventually took over all of of Europe save for Britain, this is where the first game takes place, Britain is saved at the end of the first game and the second involves trying to stop America being conquered. The weapons are another reason I think the series is popular because they are all unique. Not many games have guns that shoot through walls (there are a few I know) or allow you to tag an enemy an all your bullets go toward that target.

NOw having played games from both series I can say I prefer Resistance mainly because of the more unique story (and I really like the stories in my games) however Halo is very good in its own right and if it weren't for Halo there probably wouldn't be a Resistance anyway.

I've been a big Resistance since the Fall of Man and to me, I'm a bigger fan of Resistance than I am with Halo. Halo felt boring and overrated with all these fanboys and settings they had for the games. The Resistance games are intense, fun, and interesting, unlike Halo IMO. I think what made Resistance very popular is it's weapons, epic bosses, and characters, specifically the Chimera. Resistance, to me, is almost like District 9 story-wise, setting-wise, and genre-wise. Right now though, I'm just waiting patiently for any information on the 3rd game just like all the Resistance fans have been and I can't wait...

I agree with Chicago.Halo is pretty over-rated.the Resistance series seems to have the best gameplay for any game for the PS3 IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back