• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hall of Fame Group Two

I get like five minutes a day online at the moment, so we'll skip the formality of me actually making a post and go straight to the conclusion.

Verne Gagne is the correct pick and there is very little contest. People who aren't stupid will make arguments for Gorgeous George, and those arguments will be valid, but they'll be ultimately misinformed about the relevancy of GG's legacy (small) and his effect on the industry (almost none).

Gagne is in or about the top twenty wrestlers in world history. George is not.
Gagne is in or about the top five promoters in world history. George is not.
Gagne is in or about the top two trainers in world history (and it's only a contest if you really like Stu heart). George is not.

Gagne eclipsed the competition in almost every conceivable metric that should be considered towards a hall of fame place.

Anyone voting for Buddy Rogers in contrast... fucking idiot.

I made an extended Buddy Rogers post in honor of Gelgarin. Not that Gelgy is voting for him but it was inspired.

Alright, you've got my attention. There are simply too many inaccuracies in that post for me to not make the time to rip it to shreds.

Who gives a fuck about life falling down around your ears (Russia isn't going well) when you can be unpleasant to someone who knows less than you about a niche subject?

Gelgarin, I just thought this would be helpful for my own personal sake but just know I did a quick wiki search when making post on them. You're right in that I don't have any particular knowledge on the subject except for what I've learned on the web plus the few shows I've watched.

I get like five minutes a day online at the moment, so we'll skip the formality of me actually making a post and go straight to the conclusion.

Verne Gagne is the correct pick and there is very little contest. People who aren't stupid will make arguments for Gorgeous George, and those arguments will be valid, but they'll be ultimately misinformed about the relevancy of GG's legacy (small) and his effect on the industry (almost none).

Gagne is in or about the top twenty wrestlers in world history. George is not.
Gagne is in or about the top five promoters in world history. George is not.
Gagne is in or about the top two trainers in world history (and it's only a contest if you really like Stu heart). George is not.

Gagne eclipsed the competition in almost every conceivable metric that should be considered towards a hall of fame place.

Anyone voting for Buddy Rogers in contrast... fucking idiot.

That looks like a post that would fit to me....:shrug:

Gelgarin, I just thought this would be helpful for my own personal sake but just know I did a quick wiki search when making post on them. You're right in that I don't have any particular knowledge on the subject except for what I've learned on the web plus the few shows I've watched.

Wikipedia is the worst place to go to learn about a wrestler and their significance in history. Sorry no Vince here, Macios, Sly and I collaborated on the choices in both brackets and those were the six names we mutually decided on.

As I mentioned to LSN in rep message I accidentally clicked the Gagne button for the vote due to being startled but yah if you read my post I'm clearly Rogers.

Edit: And how I'll probably find out exactly why wiki was a bad idea from Gelgarin shortly. And for that matter it was a good set of names I'll just be campaigning a bit harder for a few picks next go. :)

Wikipedia isn't actually that bad these days. There are the same inaccuracies that have been there for half a decade (It still claims Verne Gagne trained the Undertaker for example) but as long as you avoid subjective unsourced claims it's probably the best place to look.

It can't compete with five years of browsing Wrestling Classics, but few thing can.

I'm voting Gagne because Gelgarin talks a great game. Macios doesn't. Simple as that.

Buddy Rogers has a lot in common with Ken Anderson in that somebody thought they'd make a great champion so they hired him just so they could give him the belt only to find out that nobody cared about him.

I'm sure there are at least half a dozen holes in this analogy, but fuck it, I don't really care. Gagne and George are the better choices here.

Bret Hart finally made it. I could care less about round two. I'm thinking voting Buddy Rogers, if only to see how much real life harm Gelgarin can do to me from Russia.

Bret Hart finally made it. I could care less about round two. I'm thinking voting Buddy Rogers, if only to see how much real life harm Gelgarin can do to me from Russia.

Yeah, Hart's bio is going up tomorrow. He was most deserving among the three, I felt. I'm a big fan of Foley's and Rhodes did some great things as well, but neither were on Bret's level.

Frankly, I could see solid arguments for both over Bret.

A shame I'm too damn lazy to make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back