• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guns n Roses (new) or Velvet Revolver

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Out of these two bands who do you prefer???

I personally prefer Velvet Revolver, being as the majority of the members used to be in Guns n Roses and they know how to work with each other making the music sound like a well oiled machine, they can have a song like Slither (bit heavy) sound great and then change to a song like She Builds Quick Machines (less heavy).

New Guns n Roses just aren't as good, being as it is only Axl Rose from the original members and the band seems to change line ups so often that the songs sound really generic making it sound like it could be any old band.

So I have to choose between a band that has disbanded, and a band that shouldn't exist anymore? Interesting...

I'm a huge Guns 'N' Roses fan, and what Axl has done to the band. But, I don't hate the new album either. It's not bad if you listen to it with no prior opinions on it (or Axl). It's really just the touring (or lack thereof) and behind the scenes crap that has killed the band as we knew it.

Velvet Revolver was a great band, and there's no reason to dislike them. That alone would make you think that I'd pick them, but I can't. To me, as long as Axl is still carrying around the GNR banner, there will always be a glimmer of hope that Slash & Co. will come back for a reunion...

Velvet Revolver because of one reason, and one reason only. They actually convinced me that they could be a modern band.

Guns 'n' Roses peaked with Sweet Child 'o' mine...20 years later, they're still here (Not really it's just Axl, and I can't stand his voice anyway). I hated Chinese Democracy for a good reason. It just sucked. And while I'm not that familiar with Velvet Revolver, I still prefer them over GNR.

New GNR is way better than VR. Axl is still amazing and he's touring Canada later this month. I found VR boring and even sold my albums.

Yeah, VR has more original GN'R members than the current lineup of Guns N' Roses. One more.

Slash and Duff are the only original members of GN'R in VR.

Dizzy Reed was brought into GN'R in 1990 and was supposed to be there in 1985, but he had some problems.

Hell, if you wanna get technical, Slash and Duff weren't even original members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back