• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest WWE promo ever.

Jacob

Occasional Pre-Show
If this has been posted before you can go ahead and close this or move this over there. Now I would like to say one of my best and truely one of the best would have to be Shawn Michaels Vs Undertaker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYkPFXmnjM4 (Sorry, still don't get it) That promo was pure greatness and realy changed WWE's future and look in my very own eyes. Before this fued I was hardly ever a wrestleing fan but this changed it all. So what would be you're favorite promo?

I have 2 favorites that stand out...
1) Arn Anderson saying,"I almost forgot, The Fourth Horseman, Ric Flair!" Ric spoke from the heart and it was a shoot brother! I had goosebumps the entire time that he had the mike that night.
2)Stone Cold Steve Austin's induction after winning King of the Ring. "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!" That was the beginning of a long and memorable ride!

Roddy Piper/John Cena @ Old School RAW...That promo made the Free or Fired match mean something and hinted at a heel Cena...but WWE is known for letting fans down...Still love WWE though...Give me REP

Paul E. Heyman at ECW One Night Stand 2005

Wow talk about passion, humour, shoots, hostilty and all round awesomeness!! Heyman was a virtual preacher in the Hammerstein Ballroom that night. Paul sincerly thanked everyone and bowed to the crowd:worship:, his own followers.

*Shoots on JBL and says ''The only reason you ever became World Champion is because HHH didnt wanna work Tuesday nights.

*Shoots on Adam Copeland and says ''Lock up your wives- IT'S EDGE!!'' Then taunts him with a Matt Hardy reference.

*Drops the company in it when he says ''Sorry these aint tears, om not crying... I was in the back doing a joint with Van Dam''.

*Almost loses the plot when he exclaims ''This isnt Monday Raw, This isnt Smackdown... This isnt even WWE.. This is E-C-Fucking-W''

Sheer Craziness

Shawn Michaels, RAW, Montreal, 2005

Just by showing up, he would get tons of heat. But the way he made the crowd hate a wrestler as never before by taunting Bret (and the fans with it)...
and of course, the moment when Bret's music hit and the crowd went totally crazy, while HBK looked scared and after a minute, continued to play along....

but well, an epic face promo was Austin when he took the beer truck to the arena and mocked the rock, vince and shane. the crowd went wild...

For me, nothing comes close to the rock's promos. he could cut a promo on anyone and make it gold. i think the best ever was his promos on hhh, foley, and big show before their wrestlemania match. just epic. and not so much a promo, but how he (and foley) were on this is your life was amazing.

since i am a bit biased, and the rock was the best talker ever, ill go with the best non-rock promo. for me, it would be jericho's second return. i dont say first, because then it would be like me sneaking in another rock promo too. his debute just lauched him right back to the main event, and made it like he had never left in the first place.

New Years Resolution 2006 I want to say Kurt's promo
Todd Grisham: Kurt what are your thoughts going into the elimination chamber?
Kurt: Before I begin I want to start off and say I hope we lose the war in iraq
Todd Grisham: what?
Kurt: And I also want to go off and say the greatest country in the world is.... France....
Todd Grisham: say what?
Kurt: I'm also dont for the black people and I could go back in time the one person I would make tap out would be Jesus
Todd Grisham: Kurt what does this have anything to do with you match?
Kurt: because it doesn't matter what I tell these idiots! Sure they may say you suck but a few mins later I have them in palm of my hand and their giving me a standing ovation. Because they all know that I am the best wrestler alive today! Im better than Cena, I beat Kane and Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania and Carlito and Chris Masters aren't even in my league! And tonight in Albany where I won my first world title I'm going to do it again!

Kurt Angle in his finest promo

Every generation is going to have their own bias and their own favorite promos. Rock and Hogan staredown at Raw is hard to top in my opinion. A genuinely split crowd just going crazy and two of the biggest superstars, not just at the time, but ever was an amazing experience.

Greatest Promo...Greatest Promo...ah! Wait, that's right there was this segment with Rock n Sock from the attitude era, highest rated segment ever for a reason.

Vote goes to: This is Your Life

Definately Ric Flair and Kurt Angle from Raw 6/27/05...Flair went a little crazy toward the end, threatening to grab Angle by the Test-i-cals!!.

i would have to say when dx imitated the mcmahons and they dropped all that stuff on them and the spirit squad, i still look at that dx dvd funny as hell

I have three:

1.) Vince McMahon's promo about the NWO. When it was in black and white and he was talking about how he was going to kill his own creation, inject his own poison. It was great.

2.) When The Rock first met NWO. "Big Daddy Cool--Big Diesel...honk honk...honk honk" It was hilarious

3.) Basically anything done by Mick Foley. One of my favorites was the one where he was pissed at fans for yelling for Stone Cold when he and Terry Funk were strapped to the cage. Foley is Good

For me it has to be the first rock concert in sacremento.....he completely owned the crowd.....the best and most entertaining promo ive ever seen.....absolutely epic

i also loved the dx promo when they were in the cafeteria and the guy comes in and says hickenbottom, and he super kicks the little girl

Rock/Hogans promo before WM18. Both of them standing in the same ring was freaking insane. Both looking back and forth at the crowd, then the rock challenging him to a match. It was a simple promo but the electricity was 11/10. Talk about hype!

Whenever stone cold came to the ring and started listing off all the alcohol he drank that night and the crowd saying what every 2 seconds. Hilarious! "I had 1 beer, 2 beer, 3 beer, 4 beer, tequila, vodka, rum, whiskey etc. Good stuff.

The Rock's Toronto Heel promo where he shat all over that entire weird, little country. Mother Canuckers! Just saying it makes me giggle.

This is one of my all time favourites. It makes me laugh every time and is between 2 of the very best at promo work. The way they interact was pure gold and they obviously show how strong their chemistry is. The swapping of catch phrases and the facial expressions makes this a memorable promo for me.

Here it is on youtube:

[YOUTUBE]Rd2zhPN5-Es[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: On a side note another great promo is the one in the Special Features of Chris Jericho's Breaking the Code DVD where he improvs with Stone Cold after RAW one night. Check it out if you haven't already.

Most of the promos listed here are well over 3 minutes long. Back in 1991, Jake the Snake Roberts (best promo guy ever, IMO), cut a heel promo at This Tuesday in Texas. In less than a minute, he showed how truly sick a heel can be (in a PG environment, no less.)

Jake Roberts (after slapping Miss Elizabeth: "But the best feeling I've ever had in my life was when I grabbed a hold of your woman's hair and jerked her up off of her knees. THAT was good. And then when I put my hand across her face, it felt so good I should have to pay for that! Yeah, I would pay to do that! So, the next time you (Randy Savage) think of crossing this snake's path... please, do me one little favor. I'm begging you, please bring her back. Let me touch her again. I can cultivate her into something that even I could want!"

Pure Fucking Gold

This may not count, being an ECW promo, but fuck it its that good I am gonna post it anyway.

Superstar Steve Austin, ECW....spellbinding

[YOUTUBE]mV38FRJ6Gas[/YOUTUBE]

Rock singing and dissing about Sacramento.. It was just so hilarious how he made fun of Stone Cold and well the DX Parody of the NoD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back