Greatest tag team rivals.

sbattsjr

Dark Match Jobber
Simple from NWA to WCW to WWF/E, who were the greatest tag team rivals. I'm going with my favorite tag team the rock n roll express vs midnight express. These were two of the best ever and they had some of the best chemistry. I feel they advanced tag team wrestling from power teams to smaller and more mobile teams. So who you got as the greatest rivals!!

The Hardy and Edge and Christian. They were WWF's cruiser weights who carried the tag division and have had multiple innovative matches against each other. Out of those teams 3 became World Champions in the company and as a 26year old male is the tag team rivalry I remember the most vividly.

I enjoyed the Demolition/Powers of Pain feud they had there for a little while with a rare heel/face turn within about 30 seconds at Survivor Series. As a kid when the Powers of Pain entered the WWF I thought they were the Road Warriors lol

Those were decent feuds but when you have a rivalry it last for a while ex..sting vs ric flair. The teams I chose feuded for almost two decades

The Rock N' Roll Express vs. the Midnight Express. They're the longest running tag feud I can remember, and was white hot. Nothing really comes close. So, good choice. :)

In the E, the Bulldogs vs. the Hart Foundation, and the attitude era triple sundae of the Hardys, Edge and Christian and the Dudleys.

Is it just those feds? If not I would say the Von Erichs vs the Freebirds. Just an awesome and very volatile feud. The Rockers vs Doug Somers and Buddy Rose was pretty damn good itself.

During my time as a wrestling fan it has to be The Hardy Boyz v The Dudley Boyz v Edge & Christian, or any comibnation of those 3 teams. The number of great matches they gave us was phenomenal, and their feud was a definite high point for tag-team wrestling in WWE, which is likely never to be seen again.

The Hardyx and E&C had already been involved in a great feud, including the first ever tag-team ladder match (which is still arguably the greatest match I have ever seen), but when the Dudley Boyz joined WWE, the rivalry was taken to another level, culminating in the series of triangle ladder amtches, TLC matches etc that are still mind-blowing to this day.

5 of the 6 men ended up as World Champions, including Edge who is the most decorated wrestler in WWE history, and every single one of them was crucial to this rivaly as they all worked incredibly well together, took insane career-shortening risks and bumps and gave us memories to last a lifetime.

The initial brand extension era saw a few great teams, the athleticism of which is likely to never be replicated again. Many of you will mention Dudley Bums and Hardy Bums with EnC. Sure, in their youth Hardy Bums flied quite a lot. But neither of the Hardy or Dudley Bums possessed excellent technical wrestling ability, or intensity.
On the other hand, the initial brand extension days in 2002 gave us some of the most exciting technical "wrestling" matches that were highly competitive. It showcased it all- intensity, in-ring excellence, passion, high-flying moves, etc. Of course I'm talking about Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, Los Guerreros, and Edge and Rey Mysterio.

If only WWE had only one set of tag titles in those days. We'll never see Rob Van Dam and Kane vs Eddie and Chavo Guerrero , or Angle and Benoit.

The Express vs The Express feud was obviously great in its day, but it lasted as long as it did in part because the feud became a gimmick.

Still, it probably wins.

One that is underrated in my mind is The Outsiders vs The Steiner Brothers. That feud lasted for over a year in WCW and was done masterfully. The booking made the Steiners the incredibly sympathetic faces despite being seen by fans as the equal. Great matches, great story lines, etc. It was outstanding work.

Hart Foundation vs British Bulldogs. Those matches were intense and super hype. As well as entertaining.

Demolition vs BrainBusters. I remember being exhausted after watching their matches. Just never seemed to end, and Busters did a great job of actually being able to neutralize Demolitions power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back