• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Greatest promo of all time!!!

Cookie14

Smart-Ass
Nice and simple, what do you think is the geatest promo of all time? It can be one wrestler on his own, two people going back and forth, or a group.

My favourite isn't just a great promo, it's one of the biggest moments in all of wrestling history.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZuGP3iukMo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYC9mFHXo4k&feature=related

That's right, The Rock challenging Hulk Hogan to a match at WM 18.

Pick your favourites, and if you can, upload videos.

I really look forward to seeing all your responses (hell, I will probably watch all the vidoes you guys post, if only for the memories)

YOU MUST PROVIDE GOOD REASONING BEHIND ALL OF YOUR POSTS!! IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE REASONS WHY YOUR CHOICES OF PROMOS WERE GREAT, YOU WILL BE WARNED/INFRACTED!

Easily The Rocks "Get the F out" promo. Right after Stone Cold walked out of the WWE, the Rock returned early with this promo, and I do believe it was one of the first times that Vince allowed what REALLY happened (IE - Not making excuses or a storyline to explain the absence) to be aired on TV. Plus the fact that it just felt really sincere and unscripted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5qdzQd0jTA

Arn Anderson cut some of the best promo's in wrestling history in my opinion. There was one where he says something about Sting not leaving his house with the backdoor open that always stuck with me.

Steve Austin's promo after winning the KOTR is definitely one of the best ever in my opinion. It was the birth of Austing 3:16, the birth of the Attitude Era, and changed wrestling as everyone new it for about the next decade.

The one I think I love the most though, is when Chris Jericho Y2J debuted on RAW. His back and forth with The Rock right there solidified Jericho as one of the top performers in the company and everyone knew from that moment he was a legend in the making.

Mine would have to be Mr. Kennedy's WWE debut. I just thought it was so funny, cuz it was the 1st time I had seen somebody do that...Kennedy/Anderson's promos are GREAT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab9tV3x0x7g

Another 1 I like is HHH/Cena before WM 22, I believe it was the February 27, 2006 episode of RAW. I like it because that was the match I personally was waiting for as soon as Cena got drafted to RAW in '05 and at the time Cena was still being established at a main eventer. They both just kept making smart ass remarks to each other I loved it. And i cant find a video of it on youtube

I was at the Raw in Chicago with Hogan and the Rock. The aura during the face to face showdown was UNREAL!! The crowd split for Rock and Hogan was simply awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-lJTvgaZME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbFMINBhk7A&

The Anti-Hardcore and Cane Dewey promos Mick Foley did were great. I didn't see them until the Mick Foley DVD came out a few years ago. This was great to see a heel have a great connection to the audience explaining why they were doing such vile things. I would put these promos against any Hogan, Rock, and Flair promo as they were very solid, very heartfelt, and most importantly, felt very real.

Ahh crap the first Confrontation between Rock and Austin after Rumble before mania 17..
SCSA said Rock i only have two words for you...Stay Healthy
Then they get in each others face and the Rock said well i have two words for you "GEt ready" ahh gossebumps that was so powerful

Or when HBK was on Raw with HHH after he got attacked looking for his attacker and it turned out to be HHH and my fav line was
HHH-"Are you saying you wanna fight me at Summerslam"
HBK "you're DAMN right"
Ahhh epic

OR this is the last one i swear lol
When Rock was fueding with Goldberg and he was in the ring eggin goldberg asking him to come out and the rock was like
"You wanna go one on one with the great one well then all i have to say is..juuuuuuuuust bring it BITCH" lol the way he said it was hilarious

oh oh oh ok this is the last one i swear before mania 19 with Goldust in the ring with HHH and Flair and hes stuttering and making HHH almost crap in his pants from laughing at him
"co-co-co-co-co CORNBREAD DAMMIT!!!!!!" that part had me dying..lol

the old undertaker promos when him and paul bearer used to come out and get interviewed by mean gene. back then you paid attention to the undertaker. his presence alone was crazy. he always looked dead in the camera, first he has his head down when paul bearer talks, then taker says his peace then puts his head down. straight to the point. never blinked. we al listened. i think his music back then was better than the new one because the old one was raw organs. sick.

I know I already posted a couple promos on here with Mick Foley, but since no one else brought this up, this particular promo deserves to be brought up in my honest opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hegXKKcpXQ4

Even as a young kid when I saw this video, I instantly bought into that promo. Jake Roberts wasn't yelling or screaming about how much he hated DiBiase. He simply made the issue about DiBiase's assault on the fans and obsession with money. Jake was always cool, calm, and collected in these promos. He did more talking with his eyes than anything. Psychology-wise, Roberts sold a promo better than most other wrestlers. This particular one had great pacing and connection to the storyline.

how about back n the day when david shults smacked the interview guy. priceless. the interviewer said he thought wrestling was fake and shults just slapped the shit out of him. then says "whats a matter? that was a open handed slap". as soon as the interviewer got back up he slapped him again. fuji n'em smilin in the background. watch. the realest shit ever

Great freakin' thread.

I agree with some great ones in here. The Rock's promo when Austin left was amazing. That simply gets me so fired up to enjoy wrestling.

I have to give kudos to a newer guy in here and that is CM Punk. His promo on Jeff Hardy was so real and it came at a time where the WWE was so stale and so boring w/ their promos.

This was the one promo where it shocked me that they let it happen. He's the "bad guy" heel yet everything he said was so spot on and so real, that it was hard to get into the storyline and root against Punk. I mean... I just sat there and was in awe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9P8GSOtuY

Holy shit nobody mentioned the most watched televised segment on Monday Night Raw in the history of not only WWE, but pro wrestling...
"Rock.... this is your life" Absolute fucking gold!!!

Anything involving the Rock is amazing but this promo was absolute genius...

Holy shit nobody mentioned the most watched televised segment on Monday Night Raw in the history of not only WWE, but pro wrestling...
"Rock.... this is your life" Absolute fucking gold!!!

Anything involving the Rock is amazing but this promo was absolute genius...

No one said that because its common sense the rock was gold anytime he talked and he needs to come back and give us some more legendary promos.

how about when austin broke in pillmans house and pillman pulled out the gun. you would of never thought they were really best friends

as soon as i saw this thread i immediately remembered the night Y2J debuted in WWF in '99. the rock was trying to get a match with the big show when the countdown stopped and jericho came out and cut a great introduction promo and the rock then took over. may not be the best but it was one of the most memorable in my mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w20Ra5aVXiQ

anything by million dollar man was great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwoQ2b3k8Uo&feature=related

this might be the funniest blooper in wrestling history
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1o82BVKFp8&feature=related

Absolutely on Hard times. Dusty Rhodes was and is still the man. So many great ones, first one that comes to mind is Jake Roberts at Wrestlemania VI against Ted Dibiase. Another one that gets overlooked is Shane Douglas. He had some great promos, and began the infamous "shoot" promo. He was talking shit about other companies before it was cool, and push the envelope way before its time. The Steve Austin promo at Survivor Series against Bret Hart for the first time was another great one.

Other Honorable Mentions
Macho Man Randy Savage
Taz
Rob Van Dam (ECW 1990's)
Eddie Guerrero RIP
Paul Heyman shoot promo on Vince Mcmahon
Vince Russo shoot on Hulk Hogan (Bash at the Beach 2000)
Roddy Piper (Wrestlemania VI)
Ric Flair and the 4 Horsemen
Rhino (ECW)
Brian Pillman (ECW)
Steve Austin (ECW Debut)

remember when jake the snake locked undertakers hand in the coffin on the funeral parler. undertaker was carryin it all the way to the backstage chasin jake. classic wwf shit. speaking of jake, remember when he let the cobra bite randy savages arm. jake ran that fued. the cobra was stuck to savages arm while he was tied on the ropes. elizabeth cryin, refs and docs in the ring. jake was the champ at the pschological shit. he didnt need a belt. his mind was his strap

For me it has to be Steve Austin's shoot interview/promo when he was in ECW...

He just laid into the whole wrestling entity and told it like it was and made me sit up and notice....

One that comes to mind for me is the DX parody of the Nation of Domination.
I never was a fan of DX, but that parody promo(it's a promo right?) was pretty good stuff. Xpac as Mark Henry, HHH as the Crock, the guy they hired to play Owen.

Recently, I've seen the Kurt Angle promo he cut on John Cena where he dressed like him and wrapped and Kurt said something like "I might suck but you just blow." And also "When I say Cena you say Weena."

Impersonation parodies can be pretty funny.

Othen then that I got to go with promos from (just based off of quick memory)

The Rock
Steve Austin
Kevin Nash (Paparazzi productions and his TNA promos had been awesome)
Randy Savage
Bobby Heenan (this guy has to be mentioned)

And today I enjoy the Mr Anderson/Mr Kennedy promos, though I wish he could be more consistent. But his TNA ppv promo when he faced Jeff Hardy was undoubtedly a very good promo and better then any promos we've been seeing on WWE.

Lmao @ "i got my lil gimmicks on my forearms, little pair of panties on my head and i'm chanting ... let's go hardy"

Brian Pillmans first promo in ECW! I believe it was Cyberslam 96, he tore into everyone, including Eric Bishoff, or as he says "Eric Jerk-off"!

Also Shawn Micheals after he superkicked a fake larry king, he cut a good one on Hulk Hogan!

Jeff Hardy had a good one the night he faced the Undertaker on smackdown before Survivor Series 08!

Finally it was just before the 2001 Survivor Series and Paul Heyman confronted Mr. McMahon on smackdown! Heyman told Vince what he thought about the attitude era an so on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back