Greatest Hair feud

spinningtorturerack

halfnelsonfullnelsonwilli enelson
I was watching smackdown recently and I am really enjoying the Mysterio/Punk feud and how it involves the classic hair match. This is a mexican tradition along with mask matches where the loser gets their head shaved.

Now we have seen plenty of these feuds in the past, but I was wondering what your favourite was?

My personal favourite was the Kurt Angle/Edge feud of 2002. This was hilarious, took angle's persona to a new level, introduced the "you suck" to angle, and made edge look great!

So what is your favourite, and why?

I have to admit due to the fact that I can't really name many great hair matches, I would probably have to go with Edge and Kurt Angle as well, the build-up was pretty entertaining, and I've always thought myself that Kurt Angle looked much better without hair, as opposed to how ridiculous Edge would've looked.

The match was pretty good, and I couldn't help but laugh when Kurt Angle was placed in the barber chair and shaved by Edge himself only added to the humiliation if you ask me.

A honorable mention although would have to be Umaga vs Bobby Lashley where Vince McMahon got his head shaved, It was a decent match but it wasn't as good as Kurt Angle and Edge, and I think the bigger focus point on that one was Trump and McMahon as opposed to the actual wrestlers in the ring, which ruins it a bit as well.

The only other one that I can think of was Kevin Nash against Jericho from about 2003/4. Other people have been shaved bald, but not during a fair fued (The rock teasing Big show was CLASSIC!! Also, if memory serves me correctly, didn't Eric Bischoff get a hair cut once?)
But the only memorable one really was Edge vs Angle, and I think the main reason that was so memorable is that, unlike anyone else to lose a match in a hair fued, Angle keeps his head shaved.

This is going back, but in the 80’s the Freebirds had the “Freebird hair removal cream “ that they put on the head of jobbers, this eventfully led to a hair match with Iceman Parsons and Buddy Roberts. Buddy Roberts lost and had his head shaved. This was huge considering at the time long hair was in, bald was not cool. When they do it now it’s really not a big deal since short hair and even shave heads are in.

When I read the thread I instantly thought of Kurt Angle. Honestly, I couldn't remember who his opponent was, but the most memorable part was after his head was shaved, he would wrestle with the Rick Steiner/amateur thing (I don't know what it's called) around his head with the wig on it, saying that his hair had already grown back. I'm serious, I laughed my butt off every time I saw him.

I have to say the Edge/Angle one was great. it really changed Kurt Angle from being as much of a comedy act to being a serious intense competitor. Another one I think was good was Molly Holly/Victoria. it was the first diva's hair vs hair match.

just want to throw this out there to Cookie 14, Angle isnt the only one to remain bald after having his head shaved, The Big Show did as well when

When I read the thread I instantly thought of Kurt Angle. Honestly, I couldn't remember who his opponent was, but the most memorable part was after his head was shaved, he would wrestle with the Rick Steiner/amateur thing (I don't know what it's called) around his head with the wig on it, saying that his hair had already grown back. I'm serious, I laughed my butt off every time I saw him.

lol yea I agree that was really funny, being an amateur wrestler myself its simply called head gear

defo, the first that comes to mind is edge and kurt angle...all the build up was great as was judgement day...he also started the your bold chant, which only lasted a few weeks, but look what this did for angle, 8 years on, and he still supports the haircut...

I gotta say that Molly Holly vs Victoria which ended in Holly losing her hair was really fun for me...plus it gave Molly a more "hardcore" edge

When I first read the topic headline, I immidiately thought of Molly Holly vs. Victoria for some odd reason. I guess 'cuz that was the most recent in WWE (excluding the CM Punk/Mysterio feud) I can think of anyways. Back when most of us enjoyed women wrestling this rivalry made it to the Grandest Stage Of Them All. Hard to leave that out.

And of course the most popular is the Kurt Angle vs. Edge at Judgment Day. Who can really forget THAT ONE?

Paul Jones and The Boogie Woogie Man Jim Valiant.Crowd would chant bald-headed geek at Paul for longest time.

best hair feud?

when Father James Mitchell wanted to shave Raven's head, classic TNA before the downfall and also lead to a brutal moment when Mitchell accidently scalped Raven with the shaver

also would like to bring up the Jerry Lawler vs Austin Idol hair vs hair cage match from Mid-south when Tommy Rich interfered and cost Lawler his hair

as for Eric Bischoff getting shaved yes it happened to him twice, first was after losing a hair vs hair match to David Flair in which Ric Flair did the honors and shaved Eric's head, then it happened again in the WWE where Eugene shaved Bischoff's head

and I'm suprised nobody brought up the infamous angle where Ken Patera and Big John Studd cut the hair of Andre the Giant.

and we can't forget Wrestlemania III's hair vs hair match between Rowdy Roddy Piper and Adrian Adonis

October 1985 at the Cotton Bowl - The Dynamic Duo, Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich. The Von Erichs won the match and started to shave Adams and Hernandez. Gino tried to run off and was tackled by a very young Chris Von Erich. The Dynamic Duo then began wearing masks and making illegal changes in the ring without legal tags.

a c ouple of more to add, and these are old time classics

The Destroyer vs Gorgeous George in a hair vs mask match which saw George lose his hair, they did a rematch with George's wife's hair on the line and George ended up losing that too.

Victor Rivera vs John Tolos in a hair vs hair match which ended with the Golden Greek getting his head shaved and becoming the maniac afterwards

one from Smoky Mountain Wrestling, it was a tag match featuring Chris Candido and Brian Lee vs the Rock N Roll Express with a stipulation which if Candido and Lee won then Tammy Fitch would get to shave Rick Morton's head, instead Candido ended up getting shaved instead after a brawl broke out after the match, Candido ended up wearing a faceless mask as a result

and one from the AAA/WCW/CMLL joint pay per view from the sports arena in Los Angeles was a tag team hair vs mask match that featured El Hijo Del Santo and Octagon vs Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr, Guerrero and Barr lost and had their heads shaved after the match

i have to agree with scottl paul jones - boogie woogie man it pushed jones to a whole other level in nwa, he was probably bigger after that during his manager days than he was when he was wrestling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back