Great Balls of "Lavar"

kenvin100

The Next One
Yes NBA fans. The annoying father, the man who wants you to be a Big Baller by purchasing his inexperienced son's $500 shoes is apparently in negotiations to be on a future episode of Raw. From Bleacher Report:

Per Pro Wrestling Sheet's Ryan Satin, Ball and WWE are in negotiations for him to appear on the June 26 episode of Raw from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

While it's unclear if Ball will appear on the show, Satin did note a Reddit user who was watching the family's livestream from the NBA draft on Thursday could hear Ball talking about WWE.

Really WWE? :banghead: I guess they will do just about anything to get some attention. :disappointed: Considering Lavar's ludicrous demands, he will likely make a good 3-5 figures, and sadly MeekMahan will pay handsomely.

On the flip side, he can actually teach the roster how to cut a heel promo :suspic:

This is nothing new. Kevin Federline once pinned John Cena. WWE has always tried to do things like this.

I don't see the problem. They've got like 500 hours of weekly programming, no big deal in giving some promo time to Lavar.

How does this relevant in any way. Really, who cares about wwe bringing in a celebrity on monday night raw this type of stuff happens all the times. If your offended by this then you don't get what wwe is all about. It's sport entertainment, not wrestling so celebrities comes with the territory. So if they bring him so be it. He's going to get a big pop live cut a promo and we are going to move on.

If you want to watch pro-wrestling go on the Network and watch classics. NJPW, Progress, PWG, ROH, CZW, etc. Put on good shows pretty frequently if you don't want to watch Network. If you want to be sports entertained go on the Network and watch Natalya hart fart on former Cruiserweight champ and WWE legend Hornswoggle. Just last year future WWE HOF inductee Flo Rida showed up to rap battle Bo Rida. Just remember the company you're talking about. The dude seems like he'd fit in great with higher up people in WWE.

I have no idea who that guy is. Did other people feel the same when Wayne Rooney decked Bad News Barrett?

Ha. This guy is what, some basketball star's dad? All of the sudden he's a celebrity? He'll get a pop? I guess I'm out of touch because I have no idea who the fuck this guy is other than hearing people bitch about him for some reason...

If he's a celebrity, he's a Z-list celebrity. And having him on Raw is par for the course so it is what it is.

Ha. This guy is what, some basketball star's dad? All of the sudden he's a celebrity? He'll get a pop? I guess I'm out of touch because I have no idea who the fuck this guy is other than hearing people bitch about him for some reason...

If he's a celebrity, he's a Z-list celebrity. And having him on Raw is par for the course so it is what it is.

He is a basketball rookie's dad. He is like the ultimate helicopter parent. He has made a name for himself by constantly running his mouth. He claimed he could beat Michael Jordan 1 on 1(he played college ball back in '88 and averaged 2 points per game). He does come off as a WWE character and could actually be quite entertaining on Raw.

He is a basketball rookie's dad. He is like the ultimate helicopter parent. He has made a name for himself by constantly running his mouth. He claimed he could beat Michael Jordan 1 on 1(he played college ball back in '88 and averaged 2 points per game). He does come off as a WWE character and could actually be quite entertaining on Raw.

Ah, so he's famous for being an idiot and saying shit that he clearly doesn't believe in order to get a rise out of people. This is what's wrong with the world. Making stupid people famous for being stupid.

http://youtu.be/jPtx0Ei1G88
Ah, so he's famous for being an idiot and saying shit that he clearly doesn't believe in order to get a rise out of people. This is what's wrong with the world. Making stupid people famous for being stupid.

Agreed. He's a clown. Here he is at his best/worst. He could probably deliver a hell of a promo though. He's basically been cutting promos for months.

Lavar Ball rules, and we're gonna #BallSoHard with the Big Valler Vrand.

Titus ripped off his character wholesale, so I'm glad he's gonna be there.

I have no idea who that guy is. Did other people feel the same when Wayne Rooney decked Bad News Barrett?

I have no idea who he is either, but I do know who Wayne Rooney is?

So let me get this right. This guy is the father of an NBA rookie, so we are not getting an actual NBA star but one of his family members. Christ at the computer this is the living end. Who's next Kevin Federline's cousin once removed.

I'll watch, shake my head and go about my business as usual.

Lonzo Ball is going to be another mental case like Bobby Carpenter was. Daddy will be calling the Lakers for every little thing. Daddy wants to have a day in WWE as well? Jesus H. Christ!

This guy is PERFECT for professional wrestling. He may not be particularly well known among non-NBA fans, but his character is gold. Seriously, he cuts a better promo than 90% of the WWE roster. As long as he doesn't want too much money, then they should absolutely bring him in, if only for one or two segments.

Well it's confirmed. Both Lavar and Lonzo are gonna be on Miz TV.

I'm not a huge fan of Lavar but his personality in an environment like WWE should shine. I'm definitely intrigued.

Lavar is a fool, but typically makes good tv, so of course wwe would want him for a guest spot. He was quite entertaining on first take with Stephen A Smith

Well, I'm not surprised at how stupid this ended up being. I figured it would be about as dumb as most celebrity segments are. It was even worse than that. What a waste of everyone's time. This segment reminded me of all the awful guest hosts we had back in 2009. Lavar would have fit right in with that bunch. It was one of the worst segments I have seen in recent memory. What was up with that "There's only two people better than me and I'm both of them!" comment? That made NO sense. I was tempted to just fast forward the whole thing but it was one of those things where I had to see it just to see how awful it would be. Not sure what the WWE was thinking letting this guy come be a part of the show. Unbelievable.

I'm not sure what to think about this one...

Also, apparently Lavar's son told him to beat his 'n**** ass'...

Well, at least they get some press out of the deal so, good for them...I guess.

Well, I'm not surprised at how stupid this ended up being. I figured it would be about as dumb as most celebrity segments are. It was even worse than that. What a waste of everyone's time. This segment reminded me of all the awful guest hosts we had back in 2009. Lavar would have fit right in with that bunch. It was one of the worst segments I have seen in recent memory. What was up with that "There's only two people better than me and I'm both of them!" comment? That made NO sense. I was tempted to just fast forward the whole thing but it was one of those things where I had to see it just to see how awful it would be. Not sure what the WWE was thinking letting this guy come be a part of the show. Unbelievable.

That is EXACTLY what came to my m ind. This took me back to the guest host era with "celebrities" not having a clue in a pro wrestling ring and cringeworthy skits every week. Back then, Jericho was often there to salvage some of those segments. Tonight, not even The Miz could make sense of any of it and control it from going off the rails.

And that kid shouting the racial slur into the mic while Ambrose was entering made it even worse and now it will live on in infamy like the Booker T promo from 1995.

I thought it was great. Completely stupid but hilarious. Thats what Lavar Ball is and it obviously went off script and it was ALWAYS going to. Lavar just runs his mouth why wwe would think someone whose whole gimmick is being crazy and unfiltered would be able to be controlled and get from point A to B is beyond me

I don't watch basketball so I don't know who this guy is. My husband who is a basketball fan though did and thought he was terrible. I felt really sorry for his kids there especially the one who just get drafted to the Lakers. He looked kind of uncomfortable sitting there watching his father go off.

It's pretty clear Ambrose was sent out to put a stop to the whole thing, even though he was being talked over by the dad. If the father could have controlled himself a little more it might have worked but yea it was pretty bad.

I hope this guy doesn't end up costing his son sponsors when he does start playing. He reminds me of Mama June to Honey Boo Boo, it's going to be all about him.

I hope this guy doesn't end up costing his son sponsors when he does start playing. He reminds me of Mama June to Honey Boo Boo, it's going to be all about him.

:lmao:

That ship has sailed. They walked into every shoe brand and got laughed out the building. Thats why the Big Baller Brand exists because Lavar's ego wouldnt work for Nike, adidas, etc.

:lmao:

That ship has sailed. They walked into every shoe brand and got laughed out the building. Thats why the Big Baller Brand exists because Lavar's ego wouldnt work for Nike, adidas, etc.

Oh why am I not surprised. Feel really bad for the kid to tell you the truth. His father is a loose cannon totally overshadowing his son. Looks to me like he is living his life through the kid. The brother is a bit questionable as well. When I saw him last night first thing that came into my mind was Sideshow Bob from the Simpson's. Not a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back