• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Graphics or Gameplay

Derf

O.M.G.
Real simple question, what do you look at most in a game? Does this game need to be the most real looking game? Does it need to have comfortable simple controls? Is it somthing else you look at, like simple fun, maybe even the soundtrack, anything. What is the most important thing to a video game for you?

I need a game with good controls, gameplay, etc. Graphics don't matter to me, as long as I can see what I'm doing. I'd rather play a fun game with bad graphics (like Super Mario Bros) than the most realistic game featuring "The Adventures of the Stair Climbing Lemons!" Gameplay all the way IMO.

Yeah i agree with you Gameplay is way more important than graphics. Without gameplay what do you have?? Something that just looks pretty, hell i could buy a painting that looks pretty but would it be entertaining...Hell no.

When i think of good games i think of the ones with great gameplay and that includes Contra, Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda and many others from back in the Super NES era. They might not be the most aesthetically pleasing but they sure as hell are fun to play.

Although in the new era of gaming its cool to see some sweet games that also have great graphics I.E. God of War, Halo 3, The Darkness and a few others as well.

But for me its gonna have to be gameplay all the way.

Gameplay definitely. I can play some old N64 classics or even some SNES reconstructions on my DS and love it. However, in this day and age pretty much every game has amazing graphics on the PS3 and 360 and so it's becoming much less of a choice and, as such, is making threads like this redundant. For example, games like Resi 4, SMG, God of War, Gears of War, GTAIV... I could go on, all have great graphics and great gameplay.

For me I care about story more then anything else. If the story sucks, then I'm out of there pretty quickly. I don't like the Wii or the DS, because I think they use the "uniqueness" of both as a crutch for inferior games with bad storylines, but then again, I'm not five.

For me, the PS3 and X360 have been amazing and most of the games have delivered. The storylines in these games now are getting better then most Hollywood movies coming out. Sof or me, storyline is the main thing, but I will admit, I can mash buttons with MegaMan all day. Damn the Japanese for killing that series and making it into Network shit. Bring back the old 2d side scroller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back