• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good Ol' JR Signs Deal With WWE

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
An article first reported via PWInsider.com states that WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has signed a new deal with WWE. The deal will reportedly allow him to be used for various projects and material for the WWE Network and to occasionally call matches on television. However, the report doesn't state exactly how often he'll be used on TV. It's also being reported that JR will call the Goldberg vs. Lesnar match at WrestleMania XXXIII, though it doesn't specify if he'll also call the occasional ppv bout or if this is a one time thing.

It'll be fun to see Jim Ross on TV again, even if it's just every once in a while. Like most people, I wouldn't mind to see him return to commentating on a full time basis but that's not too likely to happen. Still, it's something to consider if Mauro Ranalo isn't able to get a better handle on his depression issues.

Haven't posted in quite a while but this is something I just had to pot my two cents in --- I love it and I admit to kind of having a mark moment and just instantly smiling when I read that yesterday. I hope WWE will do the right thing and when he does make the rare TV appearance, they continue to show him the respect he deserves.

The man just went through a horrible tragedy, and even though he damn sure didn't have to, he still insisted on traveling to Wrestlemania weekend to be with the fans. God bless JR, his family, and Jan.

As much as we'd like to think that WWE is doing a good thing cos of the tragic death of JR's wife... they're not... It's about keeping him off ITV's new World Of Sport tie up with TNA in the UK in the main.

You can see why JR would choose to go back however, as he can reconnect/spend time with friends like Lawler, Flair and the like who will help him through the difficult times ahead... but there's at best an ulterior motive on WWE's part... to pretend otherwise is insulting JR.

Even if it is just to keep JR off of ITV and NJPW, the fans will at least get some good out of it. I'd love to see JR in a behind the scenes role as well, as some kind of commentary coach for new commentators.

Otunga, Saxton, and Phillips could all use some coaching for good old JR. Basically everyone who's a commentator ever could. JR's work should be required listening for anyone calling a wrestling match. His ability to tell a story and sell what was happening between the ropes is unparalleled and sorely missed.

I doubt it'll happen, but I'd love to see JR replace Otunga as face colour commentator on Smackdown. Better yet, replace JBL and let Otunga be the heel. I'd hate having to listen to JBL rip JR all the time. That likely won't happen though.

It'll be great to have JR back occasionally. His presence will add a big fight feel whenever he calls a match. I wonder if he is calling Lesnar/Goldberg? It would make more sense if he were calling Taker/Reigns given that it could be Taker's last match.

Most likely is that JR and Mauro do some work together backstage... JR has had health issues he's overcome and that guidance could be valuable to Mauro as he faces his own health issues in a tough environment. If you're gonna ditch JBL as commentator (which they should - he acted a c*** in recent weeks, especially during Teddy's intro) then put Cornette in the slot... guys like Phillips and Otunga would do far better with James E. to riff off of than JR.

As much as we'd like to think that WWE is doing a good thing cos of the tragic death of JR's wife... they're not... It's about keeping him off ITV's new World Of Sport tie up with TNA in the UK in the main.

You can see why JR would choose to go back however, as he can reconnect/spend time with friends like Lawler, Flair and the like who will help him through the difficult times ahead... but there's at best an ulterior motive on WWE's part... to pretend otherwise is insulting JR.

The talks began before his wife died. According to JR, Jan was looking forward to seeing him at Wrestlemania again.

I love his commentary so I am excited about this. I do not want to see him every week due to his health issues and he stated he does not want to do that anymore. Joey Styles struggled for a long time to announce the WWE way. He went to JR for help and talked for hours about how to improve in the WWE style. Things like that make JR an incredibly valuable asset. Saxton and Otunga need a lot of help and JR can provide guidance for them. Saxton needs to stop being an uncool nerd. Otunga has almost no clue what he is doing. People like Lawler, JBL, Cole, etc can only help so much. Adding one of the best announcers ever to that mix will definitely help the newer announcers improve.

It's a business, no business does anything purely out of the kindness of their heart.

Ole JR can do more himself than 3-4 of their current crew at a time,
such as JBL, Otunga, that Corey guy, etc.

Replace several of them at once with JR and it will save them money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back