• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goldust & Stardust Possess The Cosmic Key: AKA The WWE Tag Team Championship

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Goldust and Stardust are a weird team, but that's part of their appeal. Last night, they ended The Usos' 202 day run as WWE Tag Team Champions to win the titles for the 2nd time.

While I've enjoyed The Usos as champs, it may have been the time to take the titles off them as they've already beaten every other tag team worth wrestling on the roster. WWE will be able to keep this feud going for at least another month or so, given that The Usos have an automatic rematch coming up. After that, if they don't go the route of playing hot potato like they have with the IC & Divas Championships as of late, I could see WWE keeping Big Show & Mark Henry as a tag team. Since The Ascension no longer possesses the NXT Tag Team Championship, they should be ready to move to the main roster at just about any time. I'd like to see Harper & Rowan have a title run at some point, they've easily been the best big man team we've seen in quite a while.

The Usos were getting stale, honestly. There was, after being there for so long, little to no character progression for them. I'm glad they got the belts, just to say they had them for a while, but as for doing something with them, I just wasn't feeling it.

At least now, with Gold Star, we've got a little bit of personality... if you can call it that... on the belts. Plus, the heels (are they officially heels now) holding the belts, even regardless anyone else holding the belts... give us a chance to have some new feuds.

Overall, I'm kinda happy with this. But I want to see where it goes first.

I enjoyed the USO's as tag team champs,but their run was already past the expiration date.. IMO they held the belts for a month longer than they should have.. I like the combo of Stardust and Goldust.. Very bizarre team,but it works for them.. This is Cody's best work i can ever remember. I am surprised though,that Harper and Rowan have yet been given a chance to at least have a run with the Tag Team Championships..

There is the rematch clause coming up,and i think it will happen tonight on Raw.. After this Goldust and Stardust will go on to have a lengthy run with the tag titles.. There is really not too much depth in the tag title scene right now.. The Ascension,Show and Henry,Rowan and Harper thats really about it..

The only match that I actually saw of the ppv (the rest bored me from the booking), sadly it's one of the worst Stardust matches (not bad mind you, but a bit dull and the finish was quite meh).

Anyway I'm super-happy they're the new tag team champions. As much as I like The Ascension I think that before pushing them we need a StarGold feud against some really "straight/vanilla" wrestlers, so comedy can ensue and their characters can be build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back