Glenn Beck is a very pathetic person

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is Meghan McCain, daughter of Arizona Senator John McCain.

jezebel_Meghan_McCain_76470_meghan.JPG

She's 26 years old, a republican pundit and a blogger for a political website. As you can see, she's a pretty woman with some curves to her figure. While not exactly a supermodel, she's certainly not hideous.

McCain was in a PSA for skin cancer awareness as both of her parents had been afflicted with the disease (as have I). She was shown from the shoulders up in a strapless dress, appearing to be naked, as in going out in the sun without sunscreen, which was the point of the PSA. Beck today referenced this and then made vomiting noises at the thought of seeing her naked.

Beck is 47 years old and has two teenage daughters. This is what he thinks is ok to present as an example for his daughters to follow or for anyone that might associate with his daughter. Sad indeed.

I looked at the title to this and thought:

"Haven't we established this a few years ago?"

I mean, yeah, this is pretty pathetic and it just screams of someone begging for attention, but is anyone really surprised that he'd do this?

Beck has no room to be making fun of anyones looks.

That being said he's an attention seeking douchebag so I can't really be surprised.

I really don't give a shit. Beck's wife is pretty fit, though, so I can see why, relative speaking, he might not be attracted to this woman.

And her response:

Dear Mr. Beck,

I am writing to thank you for helping me spread the word about a serious condition.
A few months ago, I filmed a PSA for skin-cancer awareness where I posed in a strapless Juicy dress to appear “naked,” as a metaphor for the dangers of going out in the sun without sunscreen. I thought that pretending to be naked (even if I only disrobed to my collar bone) would hopefully call attention to skin cancer, a disease that both my parents have suffered from.

I don’t know if you know this, Mr. Beck, but that scar on the side of my father’s face is from a melanoma he had removed when I was in middle school. Did you know melanoma is the most serious type of skin cancer? Did you also know that between 40 and 50 percent of Americans who live to be 65 will have either basal-cell carcinoma or squamous-cell carcinoma skin cancer? And that there are more than 2 million cases of skin cancer discovered in the United States every year? It’s pretty scary, Glenn, and something everyone in America should be made aware of.

But the thing is, Glenn, I wasn’t really naked, and I know the idea of me being naked caused you to vomit on your radio show for 10 minutes. You suggested I should wear a burqa, since you believe that's probably the only clothing that could possibly fit me. By the way, you should really see a doctor because it isn’t normal to vomit for that long.
While you're at the doctor's office, why not get checked for moles on your skin to make sure you don’t have any signs of skin cancer? Skincancer.org suggests, “Throughout the year, you should examine your skin head to toe once a month, looking for any suspicious lesions. Self-exams can help you identify potential skin cancers early, when they can almost always be completely cured.”

While we’re on the subject of you vomiting on air, maybe we should have a little talk. Clearly you have a problem with me, and possibly women in general, but the truth is, it’s 2011 and I heard your show on Fox was canceled. Isn’t that an indication that the era of the shock-jock pundit is over? Don’t you think that’s a sign you should be pulling it back a little? I mean, if you’re too conservative and outrageous for Fox, that should tell you something. There really is no need to make something like my participation in a skin-cancer PSA into a sexist rant about my weight and physical appearance, because I’m going to let you in on a little secret, Glenn: you are the only one who looks bad in this scenario, and at the end of the day you have helped me generate publicity for my skin-cancer PSA, a cause that I feel quite passionate about.

You’re a full-grown man with teenage daughters who are probably dealing with the sexist, body-obsessed media environment that is difficult for all women. Is this really the legacy you want to be leaving for yourself?

As a person who is known for his hot body, you must find it easy to judge the weight fluctuations of others, especially young women. If any of your daughters are ever faced with some kind of criticism of their physical appearance or weight, they should call me, because women’s body image is another issue I feel passionate about, and have become accustomed to dealing with and speaking with young women about on my college tours.
So thanks for spreading the word, Glenn. And next time, instead of jumping straight to the “Meghan McCain fat jokes,” maybe try out some new material. Because the fat-joke thing, it’s been done so many times, I know a creative intellect such as yourself can do better than that.

Love,
Meghan

Why the fuck does this matter? Why is it you NEVER shit on Pelosi or your kind?

Uh, he does? He, Sly, myself, Nick, many of the vocal liberals on these boards criticize the Democratic party's shortcomings, mainly how they are a bunch of *****es that have no idea how to get their bills passed into law without Republicans changing everything.

That said, you can't deny that the liberals tend to do a lot less stupid shit (ex. this) than the conservatives.

Uh, he does? He, Sly, myself, Nick, many of the vocal liberals on these boards criticize the Democratic party's shortcomings, mainly how they are a bunch of *****es that have no idea how to get their bills passed into law without Republicans changing everything.

That said, you can't deny that the liberals tend to do a lot less stupid shit (ex. this) than the conservatives.

The last part is obviously true. And this isn't about about politics but when it comes to shit like this, it's always the opposing guys that get shit on, shit on Olbermann instead for a change.

Olberman does his fair share of silliness, but nothing nearly as stupid as Beck, and not nearly as often.

I'll take your word for it. I catch up with American news by watching a small amount of videos on youtube and from what I've seen Beck can be a fear monger-er and a crazy man sometimes but I wouldn't at all say he's stupid.

Why the fuck does this matter? Why is it you NEVER shit on Pelosi or your kind?

Seriously, Chester, add something, or shut your mouth. Give some examples, or get out.

He, Sly, myself, Nick, many of the vocal liberals on these boards

Thanks for the mention, but I'm definitely not a liberal. I'm about as moderate as they come, however, the GOP has gone so far off the deep end, I find myself on the side of liberals more often than usual.

Glenn Beck makes me sick, but Fox News, as a whole, is the biggest problem I have, seeing they are setting the agenda for the GOP. Fox News, since roughly 47 seconds after the killing of bin Laden, has been digging up any pile of shit reason to shit on this President and liberals in general.

1. No more money to Pakistan! Funny how they constantly leave out how difficult making that decision is, given our relationship with Pakistan as it relates to terrorism.

2. Enhanced Interrogation (torture) works, Damnit! Personally, I have no moral problem with enhanced interrogation, torture, whatever you want to call it. If information is needed, vital information, and it's not an American citizen... I don't care. Harsh, but true.

Problem? Fox News and their pals on the right are acting as though it's a fact that torture gives solid information. If it does, fine, use it. If not, why do it? I haven't heard a clear statement either, so I'm undecided on how well it works. But it's just another example of Fox spinning things to hurt this President. "He can't protect us!" Yeah, that's bullshit. Arguments like this make me want to defend this President, whether I like him or not. It's what they have been doing since January of 2009, and it's old. Really old.

3. Common loves Cop Killers! And he's going to the White House?!??!!??! Yeah, Common, the rapper. I won't go into length, because it's not even worth talking about. Just another petty argument from FNC, and now actual political figures are running with this shit. It's sad when an entire political party is taking campaign hints from a garbage news outlet.

Beck is a mean, spiteful, disgusting person. Unfortunately, I don't think his exit from Fox News means anything. He's not going away, and that outfit isn't changing.

FOX NEWS! -- Scaring stupid people for years to come!
-98% of this had nothing to do with the story at hand. Oh well.

You coulda fooled me Nick, but I guess it depends what you're definition of moderate is. Considering the Republicans keep getting more and more out there and the Dems keep conceding and conceding, the middle is starting to lie to the right rather than in the middle.

It's funny that, economically speaking, liberals of today are about in line with Eisenhower, or even Nixon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back