Glastonbury 2008

jpfizzle

Pre-Show Stalwart
Just arrived back from it, from wendsday to today I saw probably the biggest mix of music you could imagine:

Kate Nash, Get Cape Wear cape fly, The subways, Neil Diamond, Crowded House, The Feeling, KT Tunstall, The Pidgeon Detectives, Mark Ronson (featuring Lilly Allen) Jay Z, Amy Winehouse, The Verve, Pete Doherty, Lupe Fiasco, Candi Statton, Dizze Rascal, Franz Ferdinand, James Blunt!

I had a "slumberrave" in a room filled with 2 king size beds with everyone having pillow fights to dance music and what not.

I saw a man eat swords and carry weights with his eyeballs, met Ned from Neighbours, Joined in a Hare Krishna parade and drank vodka with the jews in the jewish tent...

such a good festival... anyone who has a chance to go next year just do it.

So sick lol, he played a video at the begining of all Noel Gallacher and that saying hip hop shouldnt be at glastonbury, if you ever get a chance to watch it on youtube you should everyone was like shiiiiiiiiit whats going to happen...then Jay Z comes out and they play Wonderwall... everyone sings along to that and im not lieing when id say about 120 000 ppl where singing along to that.... then he played 99 problems and everyone was bouncing... he was like "and they said you didnt want me to come glastonbury" but everyone loved him.... he was like "incase you didnt get the memo I'm Jay Z and I'm awesome"... he did loads of political stuff and had an image of george bush up and got everyone to boo, that changed to borack obama and he got everyone to cheer. It got 5 stars in the reviews..

Kate Nash, Get Cape Wear cape fly, The subways, Neil Diamond, Crowded House, The Feeling, KT Tunstall, The Pidgeon Detectives, Mark Ronson (featuring Lilly Allen) Jay Z, Amy Winehouse, The Verve, Pete Doherty, Lupe Fiasco, Candi Statton, Dizze Rascal, Franz Ferdinand, James Blunt!

The bold ones, I'm a fan of. But dude, how could you not see Editors? I watched their performance on the iPlayer, and it was awesome. Although We Are Scientists were disappointing.

EDIT: Oh, and learn to spell Pigeon.

Im not a fan of the Editors... But even if I was it was litterally impossible to see everyone you wanted too because there was so many clashes, I didnt get to see dirty pretty things, the enemy, scouting for girls, the courteeners or many others but I think I definitly had a good mix of bands...

the full review is up in the music section

Yeah but I saw them last year at Reading where as I figured Pete Doherty could die any time soon and he is abit of an icon.

It's prnounced Jay-Zee worldwide. Although I think there should be some sort of campaign to change it Jay-Zed in England.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xCMvM7EDzs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xCMvM7EDzs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

the video played just before the Jay Z set...well worth a view... was banned from TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back