• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ghosts, Demons, and the things that go bump in the night.

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
Ghosts, Demons, and the things that go bump in the night. Do you believe in them? Do you think they really exist or are they just things people make up to scare you?

I totally believe in them. I mean ghosts have to be real. Some people die with unfinished business. You'd Have to think that their spirit would stay until the business is finished. People claim to see ghosts all the time. I never have seen one, but I would love to go on a ghost hunt.

Same thing with demons. I believe that they exist more than I do ghosts. I have a strong christian faith. So that immediatly brings me to think that there are demons out there trying to sway your choices. Just as I believe that there are angels.

What are your guys thoughts. Are these things real? What about other things like Vampires, and Werewolves, and other things that go "bump" in the night?

I definitely believe they exist. Why is it so hard to believe that there's not something out there that could be supernatural in existence? Multiple times in the Bible there are references to demons or the spirit of a person who has passed away. Based on this alone, I believe that they do indeed exist, even if we can't see/prove that they do. Is it really so hard to believe there are evil spirts out there of people that have passed on but have reason to haunt the Earth? As for things such as vampires, werewolves etc, I guess it's possible, but not as likely.

Okay you people are drunk or high. Demons, ghosts do not exists i mean come on. Somebody been watching too many television shows and movies. If they did exists ever since the world had been running we would have came across a demon or ghosts and it would have been all over the news and what not.

Okay you people are drunk or high. Demons, ghosts do not exists i mean come on. Somebody been watching too many television shows and movies. If they did exists ever since the world had been running we would have came across a demon or ghosts and it would have been all over the news and what not.

What proof do you have that they dont? It's funny to say that people in real life go ghost hunting and come back with proof that there is something there. Same thing with demons. Exorcisms happen constantly throughout the nation. I've been around an excorsism while it was happening. I can tell you from first hnd experience that it was not pleasent. The guy was convulsing and lights were flickering. Tell me, how does that happen? Now as for ghosts I only have the evidence of what I read about ghost hunts so I'll leave it at that. But I do believe in them.

Im not condemning you or your post, I just would like your opinion on what Ive just stated.

I don't believe in these things. I need proof of their existance and I've seen nothing concrete to aid me in believing in them.

If ghosts existed many more people would see them. It wouldn't simply be in those really old houses which creak in the wind and people seem to think it's ghosts making the noises. In modern houses you rarely hear of anything similar and if there were that many ghosts around they'd be finding places to go.

The whole thing is just a load of nonsense in my opinion. It's stories gone overboard. I mean, in 100 yeard people will be sure Hogwarts is a real school, and will go looking for the Deathly Hallows. (Harry Potter fans will know what I mean)

Yeah I believe in ghost, but not demons. In fact I have had one experience in my life already, so that was enough proof for me (and I’m only 15..) well anyways one encounter was It was Mother’s Day, I was about 13 (maybe 12? Idk) and my dad and me got my mom a cd, and we left it in a truck by the barn.. So anyways the next morning (on Mothers Day) I went down to the truck to get the CD, and I saw a dark figure near the entrance of the barn .. I mean completely black, it wasn’t in a weird shape or anything, it had a normal human form, I yelled when I saw it (and u really cant blame me.. Its f*n freaky to see a all-black figure.. Lol) well anyways when I yelled it looked at me and ran off into the woods as if the person/thing was a trespasser.. But then I told my dad and he came down and looked in the woods and there wasn’t one footprint.. That was my only encounter, but that was enough to make me believe in ghost. Since then I haven’t had any other “weird” experience with anything.. (also, I live in the country in a small town in Missouri, not many people around and I have only one neighbor where I live, and that’s my uncle and aunt)

What proof do you have that they dont? It's funny to say that people in real life go ghost hunting and come back with proof that there is something there. Same thing with demons. Exorcisms happen constantly throughout the nation. I've been around an excorsism while it was happening. I can tell you from first hnd experience that it was not pleasent. The guy was convulsing and lights were flickering. Tell me, how does that happen? Now as for ghosts I only have the evidence of what I read about ghost hunts so I'll leave it at that. But I do believe in them.

Im not condemning you or your post, I just would like your opinion on what Ive just stated.

Wow i have no idea i mean damn! You was right in the middle when that thing happened. Seriously shit like that was happening oh man. Are you sure that their was not light problems going on when it was happening and theguy was crazy or ******ed and was doing shit stupidly.But hey if you saw it i beleive you.

So their are demons huh on the world that we live in huh then why don't it happen on an everyday basis and why have no shit happened yet.

I have no problems in believing in demons. Exorcisms, I believe that they are real. However, I disagree with the sort of buffy concept of demons, namely scary looking giants with slimy skin. I believe that they are spiritual intities and do exist. Are they the same as ghosts? who knows, that's the only thing i could believe about ghosts. I dont subscribe to the 'tortured soul' issue to the ghost aspect.

As for the other section...werewolves don't exist, nor do vampires in the 'immortal undead' sense. people like to pretend, but are not truely vampires.

To clarify my religious beliefs ahead of time, I believe all religions are basically just mythology built up over the years (as every culture in history has believed in gods that we now think were fictitious, so its not a stretch to say Christianity or Hinduism or whatever could be the same thing) with the goal in mind to help control the masses. Look at how many people in the world follow a religion because they think that is what gives them the outline to live a "good life".

Anyway, on to the topic itself. In my point of view, demons, trolls, vampires, werewolves, living mummies, magic spells, all the like.....fake, or things that have been blown terribly out of proportion. Metaphor is a tricky thing. Someone says "this 8 foot tall basketball star was such a giant, he could practically touch the clouds", pretty soon, someone says "there was a giant as tall as the clouds", and boom, you have giants. Werewolf could've been a really hairy serial killer, or, lo and behold, just a wolf lol. Trolls living under the bridges could've just been ugly homeless people living under bridges haha.

Ghosts, however...now this is tricky. Since my religious beliefs are "there could be a god, there might not, but nobody's proved it one way or the other, so you can't say 100% certain for either side", it leaves room for both interpretations. Either ghosts are real and they're incorporeal entities that have previously died, or maybe they're illusions and hallucinations, or maybe they're forms of astral projections or temporal replication, what have you....what's confusing about it is the lack of evidence, and at the same time, the evidence that exists. My sister claims to have seen ghosts at various times in her life (she's 25 now), but since I'm not there, I don't know for sure. My dad's said the same thing for years, stating specific details and such. Now, I've never seen anything, but I have heard my name being called in circumstances where its literally impossible to hear it. Am I nuts? Maybe. Are ghosts real? Possibly.

The main thing that has interested me is the human brain. If the average person only uses less than 10% of their brain's capacity, and those that use 11% are usually utter geniuses, what could we POSSIBLY do with 100% potential? Maybe ghosts are still-living links of consciousness triggered from parts of the brain that the average person has no control over. There's been proof of certain "superpowers", despite how they aren't as glorified as in comic books. There's been this person with echolocation similar to Daredevil (but of course they're not fighting crime in a red leather suit), there's a person in the Middle East or Mexico or something (I just forget) who has a permanent electric charge in his fingers that he can control and shock at any time he wants. If the brain has the ability to do such things like that, who's to say the likes of telekinesis, telepathy, or anything else is impossible? Maybe ghosts are some sort of form or variation of what the brain has the potential to do, but only some people ever hit that catalyst.

To clarify my religious beliefs ahead of time, I believe all religions are basically just mythology built up over the years (as every culture in history has believed in gods that we now think were fictitious, so its not a stretch to say Christianity or Hinduism or whatever could be the same thing) with the goal in mind to help control the masses. Look at how many people in the world follow a religion because they think that is what gives them the outline to live a "good life".

Anyway, on to the topic itself. In my point of view, demons, trolls, vampires, werewolves, living mummies, magic spells, all the like.....fake, or things that have been blown terribly out of proportion. Metaphor is a tricky thing. Someone says "this 8 foot tall basketball star was such a giant, he could practically touch the clouds", pretty soon, someone says "there was a giant as tall as the clouds", and boom, you have giants. Werewolf could've been a really hairy serial killer, or, lo and behold, just a wolf lol. Trolls living under the bridges could've just been ugly homeless people living under bridges haha.

Ghosts, however...now this is tricky. Since my religious beliefs are "there could be a god, there might not, but nobody's proved it one way or the other, so you can't say 100% certain for either side", it leaves room for both interpretations. Either ghosts are real and they're incorporeal entities that have previously died, or maybe they're illusions and hallucinations, or maybe they're forms of astral projections or temporal replication, what have you....what's confusing about it is the lack of evidence, and at the same time, the evidence that exists. My sister claims to have seen ghosts at various times in her life (she's 25 now), but since I'm not there, I don't know for sure. My dad's said the same thing for years, stating specific details and such. Now, I've never seen anything, but I have heard my name being called in circumstances where its literally impossible to hear it. Am I nuts? Maybe. Are ghosts real? Possibly.

The main thing that has interested me is the human brain. If the average person only uses less than 10% of their brain's capacity, and those that use 11% are usually utter geniuses, what could we POSSIBLY do with 100% potential? Maybe ghosts are still-living links of consciousness triggered from parts of the brain that the average person has no control over. There's been proof of certain "superpowers", despite how they aren't as glorified as in comic books. There's been this person with echolocation similar to Daredevil (but of course they're not fighting crime in a red leather suit), there's a person in the Middle East or Mexico or something (I just forget) who has a permanent electric charge in his fingers that he can control and shock at any time he wants. If the brain has the ability to do such things like that, who's to say the likes of telekinesis, telepathy, or anything else is impossible? Maybe ghosts are some sort of form or variation of what the brain has the potential to do, but only some people ever hit that catalyst.

Now if I can step away from my christian beliefs. I must say that this singe post right here is the most intelligent hypothesis about this certain topic I have ever read. Your completely right. We only use about 10% of our brain. To think of what could happen if we used all of our brain could honestly be catastrophic if I am being completely honest. Kudos to you Nofate. For bringing up an incredible other side to this discussion.

Okay you people are drunk or high. Demons, ghosts do not exists i mean come on. Somebody been watching too many television shows and movies. If they did exists ever since the world had been running we would have came across a demon or ghosts and it would have been all over the news and what not

There are shows like Ghost hunters that capture things but "Mainstream" Media ignores them.. There is NOOOO proof that the bible is accurate but people believe in that are they all drunk or high??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back