• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Get Serious, EY!

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
This is pretty much what Sting was yelling at him the whole episode this week. And Eric seemed to at times react to it. Even leaving behind the old World title in the main event. With Orlando Jordan out of his way and the TV title on his grasp, it would seem Eric Young is on the verge of being crafted into a more serious competitor.

That cool. I've always been fond of EY. Dug his heel run until it was just ignored. Problem is we've also seen Sting motivate the guy before. And judging from Impact, it would seem Sting may eventually mentor EY again. If the end result is to give EY a push, I'm game. But I can see better ways to make it happen than by forcing him to be serious. Him outsmarting Gunner and Anderson were very nice moves that give something unique to his matches. I'd like to continue seeing an unpredictable EY use that too fool his opponents.

Honestly, that "Not so Great Muta" stuff was stupid. I get what it was supposed to mean with Mr. Anderson dressed up as retro-Sting, but why pick EY?

Eric was good as the leader of World Elite, he was over as a heel too, and if it wasn't just me, that whole group was over. Eric then had his run as a heel after, before teaming with Jordan to make some lacklustre comedy team. He has the Television Championship so somebody in the company has faith in him, and if given the right angle as a face or heel I'm sure the dude would get over.

And I agree, I too would like to see a more serious in-ring Young aswell, instead of trying to get a comedic moment in the matches, actually take them seriously. If they could somehow allow him to show his comedy on the microphone and then become serious when wrestling, Eric could hold a lot more than the Television Championship.

Imo ey has been pigeoned toed into the comedy act like santino in wwe. For myself I find it hard to take ey seriously. I'm sorry, they have casted him as such a comedy act for so and too long. I think the best way to get ey to be a serious character is to take him off tv for a while. Give him a complete makeover, and prolly change his name. I doubt that tna would do that. I just find it would be similiar difficult for wwe to make santino a serious character too. He is another one who would need a complete make over and even mask. Have these guys found their "niche"? Yes, but I think it has painted them into a corner.

Imo ey has been pigeoned toed into the comedy act like santino in wwe. For myself I find it hard to take ey seriously. I'm sorry, they have casted him as such a comedy act for so and too long. I think the best way to get ey to be a serious character is to take him off tv for a while. Give him a complete makeover, and prolly change his name. I doubt that tna would do that. I just find it would be similiar difficult for wwe to make santino a serious character too. He is another one who would need a complete make over and even mask. Have these guys found their "niche"? Yes, but I think it has painted them into a corner.

Nah cause Santino is just stupid

Eric Young has an amnesia thing going on , any time they want they could have him "Snap out of it" and then he could be serious and if they find serious EY not working then they do a work where he gets bonked on the head and goes back to being a hilarious moron!

What I think, and hope, this means is just EY will be more serious opposed to only serious. Whenever they try and make him only serious it just doesn't work. Just make him not ******ed but let him keep some of his comedy. People love him for his playful side.

If Sting seemingly mentoring EY will lead to him getting a push, then hey I'm all for it. I did enjoy his heel work a couple years ago as the leader of World Elite. I actually took him seriously as world champion material for a change which I thought to be a breath of fresh air. But at the same time, I do enjoy EY in his current role. He's one of the only comedy wrestlers who have actually gotten a genuine laugh out of me. So while I would love to see him pushed, I want him to retain the sense of humor that got me to be such a fan of him in the first place.

silly idea. The Current Version of Eric Young is awesome and he is over. so why change a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back