• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Genesis: Knockout Title (2 Out Of 3 Falls) - ODB (c) v. Tara

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I don't think anyone sees ODB losing this, after just getting the title back a week ago. Tara at least gets a chance to end the feud with some momentum, which is rare, but it will at least keep her relevant within the division.

I hope this match gives us something better than we've seen from these two recently, with the match at Final Resolution being the best we've seen from these two head-to-head.

Two out of three falls you say? Wow, I have to say NSL for the first time in quite awhile I'm actually looking forward to seeing a singles Knockout match. I'm not the biggest fan of either ODB or Tara, but I don't doubt they're capable of performing a good match, the problem is usually that their division just has zero time to showcase their skills, but given the length of your average 2/3 falls match hopefully this won't be too shabby. At the very worst it'll just be an extended piss break, but I'm being optimistic.

Not really that excited for this one. There's been some random title swithces throughout this thing. I guess ODB should win though so this doesn't go on any longer than it has to. Tara isn't very good and ODB is just ok. They aren't going to produce anything overly exciting between them.

The 2/3 falls stipulation at least makes it somewhat interesting as that's a gimmick that isn't used that much nowadays. This could end up being to worst match on the card, but shouldn't been completely horrible.

Can't say that I'm excited for this match. It's highly unlikely ODB drops the belt back to Tara after winning it just a couple of weeks ago. ODB as champion again isn't really worth getting into. Towards the end of her first reign, she was starting to get boring.

I'm guessing this will be the final match between Tara and ODB. A two out of three falls match kind of has that who ever wins this it's over feel to it. Still, I think ODB walks away with the belt after this one, and Tara might be thrown into a random tag team with someone else.

I really hope ODB retains here. It is so pointless when titles keep switching after short reigns, especially between the same people. ODB just got the belt back and has a couple of potentially good feuds she could do if she wins. Angelina's back and a face.... Taylor and Sarita would also make good opponents for ODB. There are more options for ODB feuds than there are if Tara wins because she'd pretty much be stuck with the Beautiful People or Alissa Flash. There aren't enough heel knockouts is what it comes down to. Best 2 out of 3 falls matches are a great way to end a feud, so I see the feud ending after this match and definitely think ODB will retain because I can't think of a single reason for Tara to win.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
ODB will retain the Knockouts Championship.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
ODB will retain the Knockouts Championship.

While I agree that ODB needs to retain, I don't think Tara is "stuck" with anyone if she wins. This feud will be over, and a title feud against Alissa Flash would elad to a string of good matches, with Alissa putting some gold around her waist in the end. It'd certainly be better than the crap segments we get with ODB attempting to talk.

ODB winning does make the most sense though. She can feud with more people, and she's at least talked about. Without the gold, she's just that drunken redneck chick that annoys you for 5 minutes per show.

can tara have a decent reign, both have been utter shit and useless, I hope she wins this, but then it will be the third time this title changes hands over a month between the two of them, I think ODB will win 2 falls to 1

While I agree that ODB needs to retain, I don't think Tara is "stuck" with anyone if she wins. This feud will be over, and a title feud against Alissa Flash would elad to a string of good matches, with Alissa putting some gold around her waist in the end. It'd certainly be better than the crap segments we get with ODB attempting to talk.

ODB winning does make the most sense though. She can feud with more people, and she's at least talked about. Without the gold, she's just that drunken redneck chick that annoys you for 5 minutes per show.

Right! Alissa getting a title shot at some point would be good, but if I remember correctly she's either a tweener now or still a heel, so her feuding with ODB wouldn't make sense unless she turns face. Flash and Tara could still put on an entertaining non-title feud. In fact, that's exactly what I think will happen to Tara if ODB retains. Then ODB can move on to face Taylor or Sarita, before losing the title to Angelina. I see all of that likely to happen, of course this is TNA though lol sometimes you never know. I'm pretty sure something along those lines is what we are in for though.

So they gave the belt back to Tara. :wtf:

This astounds me to no end. This belt has been tossed around more than Missy Hyatt in WCW, and it makes no sense. Either Tara or ODB would be fine as champ, but we can't play championship hot potato like this for no reason. ODB winning would have kept ended this feud, and brought along a new one.

Tara winning means we get at least another month of these two facing, and does anyone want that? Why not let the champion move on to fight someone new, like Alissa Flash, or even Taylor or Sarita?

Tara winning means we get at least another month of these two facing, and does anyone want that? Why not let the champion move on to fight someone new, like Alissa Flash, or even Taylor or Sarita?

I am shocked that TNA keeps switching between Tara and ODB like this. I hate short pointless title reigns. Tara better have won the feud because I don't want to see it continue. I'd like to see them both move on now. Alissa Flash could become the new number one contender and there's plenty of faces that ODB could have non-title matches with. If TNA continues this feud then I'll be even more disappointed then I was when Tara won sunday.

I really hope that the Tara /ODB feud and back and fourth for the Knockouts title is finally over.

Even though I'm not the biggest Tara fan I hope she gets a decent run this time.

I always thought that Velvet Sky would be a more interesting Knockouts champion then Tara or ODB in IMO. Because she represents everything that the Knockouts are suppose to be against.

With her charisma and mic skills Velvet would be the perfect heel Knockouts champion but I might be the only one that thinks so.

Alissa Flash would be a great choice as well for Knockouts champion.

Firstly, when was the last time you've seen a 2 out of 3 falls match NOT go to the 3rd fall, peculiar.

However, I am somewhat glad that:

1) We see these two wrestle for more than 5 minutes.
2) That this 'Hot Potato' feud with the belts is over...Hopefully.

It was a well done match, it's just strange how they're making out that ODB is the bad girl, but the crowd always cheer for her anyway. Hilarious. Would like to see Velvet Sky get a shot, as she's a great all round talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back