• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Genesis] Joseph Park v. Devon

Who wins?

• Joseph Park

• Devon

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis 2013
Joseph Park v. Devon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

600ppv7.jpg

All discussion here.​

On the surface, this looks like a match in which an Aces & Eights member might actually win. However, unlike during Park's match with DOC a while back, he's been "training" at OVW the past few months. :p

I expect much of this match will be Devon beating on Park until something happens to cause him to bleed. It'll trigger the Abyss aspect of his personality and he'll start beating the piss out of Devon. If that happens, Devon might wind up losing unless Aces & Eights members come down to make the save.

So either Park wins and Devon looks like a bitch, or Devon barely squeaks out a win against a "lawyer" that's only been training for two months. Nice little corner TNA has painted Aces & Eights into.

With all the training that Joesph Parks has been doing lol I think that could kind of make this match less of a sure Devon win. As I have said in other threads, Aces and Eights needs some win at this ppv, but in this case I could see Joesph Parks Abyssing out and somehow picking up a win here. The other thing I could see is Aces and Eights helping Devon to win. Either outcome doesn't make Devon look to great, and I think they needed him to look strong here.

At Final Resolution I called DOC winning his match but Devon losing his and now at Genesis I'm calling Devon winning his match and DOC losing his. I see Aces & Eights interfering and helping the brother out, then after the match Parks reverting back to Abyss and going crazy on everyone in the ring. With Lockdown coming up and a Aces & Eight vs. Team TNA Lethal Lockdown match guaranteed to happen, I see a complete Abyss return coming soon so he can be one of the members on Team TNA, and maybe he will be the man to get the pinfall in that match and put an end to Aces & Eights once and for all.

If this were for the Championship, I'd say Devon all the way. So I have to approve of TNA throwing in the non-title aspect which makes anything possible at this point. However if you look at the bigger picture, I can't imagine Aces and Eights being worth anything if they don't win something at some point.

Devon may not be the leader, but he's the top figure-head that's been unmasked so far. So, for him to lose to a "lawyer" who's only been in wrestling school for roughly 2-months would just destroy any momentum Aces and Eights could ever have.

My biggest problem with this angle is that TNA wants Aces and Eights to look like a dominate group of thugs, similar to the invasion angle of the n.W.o. Yet they haven't allowed Aces and Eights to do anything other than random attacks that result in guys being gone for maybe a month or more. Or other attacks on meaningless talent(s) that have no real future with the Company. (Magnus/D'Angelo)

In my opinion, Devon can't lose this match. He can't even look moderately weak in this match - until the "Abyss blood lust" gets released - in which Devon needs to overcome and win anyways. Anything less, especially a loss, will only hurt (if not destroy) any (or all) momentum this group would ever hope to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back