• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Future Headline: Michael Phelps Tests Positive for Performance Enhancing Drugs

George Steele's Barber

Advertise Here $9.95/month
Would this surprise anyone? Would it surprise anyone to learn Michael Jordan was somehow juiced up (it was the 90's)? How about Lionel Messi? John Cena? Anderson Silva?

What Michael Phelps accomplished was amazing and he did it over such a long period of time. If PED's ran rampant in cycling, why not swimming? I know these guys are tested but who is to say he didn't have a way of working around the test? Not that many Olympians are ever caught yet they are the best in the world at their respective sport. How do they get there against others without help?

So what do think? Are we all just in denial? Who else could be implicated that would/wouldn't surprise you?

I don't think any great athlete (and even some shitty ones) would surprise me much anymore. I think I'm officially jaded but I also could care less. Bring on the drugs.

It wouldn't shock me. It seems like every record-breaking, good athlete is busted for illegal enhancements these days.

MJ was a robot, everyone knows this.

It wouldn't be a shock at all. So many athletes do it so its never a surprise to find out any athlete has done PED's.

I think Messi is the only one whose use of drugs/hormones has been reasonably well-documented. Ronaldo just has thighs of steel, still not enough though.

From the Book of Diesel:

Kevin Nash said:
...I think they should have the Olympics, [and] they should have the absolutely fucking altered Olympics. Take whatever the fuck you wanna do; if you wanna fucking do a fucking rail of meth and run the 100, do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if almost all the athletes are on some sort of PED. I decided to do track my senior year of high school and we had 3 alumni join us as coaches. Two of them were training for the Olympic trails for 2008 while the other was just training for his own sake. All of them were using some questionable stuff. The "supplements" they took in front of us were incredibly expensive and I distinctly remember them saying that they have to take follow the directions on the bottle precisely because the intent was to use as much as possible without getting caught.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back