• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fuck Yeah. The Goonies 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
It seems that, after approximately 4,867 years of rumour, a live-action sequel to The Goonies is not going to happen. But the recent rumours that an animated sequel series may get the go ahead are apparently very much true. Corey Feldman (Mouth in the movie) recently told MTV that he'd been approached to return as an older version of his character for a cartoon series, in which the original Goonies would be all growns up and with adventuring kids of their own. And now Jonathan Ke Quan has told Empire exclusively that he and Jeff Cohen (Chunk) have been asked to lend their talents too.

"We were approached a few months ago by Warner about doing it and asked if we would be interested," said Ke Quan. "They even showed us character designs. It looks very cool".

Though Cohen now works as an entertainment lawyer, he could be persuaded to come back. "I spoke with Jeff," continues Quan. "All of us are very interested, if the story is right. I am sure whatever Steven (Spielberg) and Dick (Donner) think of will be good enough for us Goonies to come aboard".

If the Goonies are to return, this sounds like a pretty good way to do it. It's encouraging that Spielberg and Donner are involved and kudos to Warners for wanting to get the original team back together, rather than getting new actors to fill the voice roles. So, how do you feel about this news? Are you hyped to see the Goonies return?

I don't even care if this is shit. It's the fuckin' Goonies. So what if the original came out over 20 years ago. I'll be first in line. Return To Oz came out ages after The Wizard Of Oz, and that was err ok.

I still want the live action version. Come on, what would be better then a group of middle aged men trying to find something?

Seriously, it could be interesting, and yes it's the Goonies, but boy oh boy they sure waited a long damn time to do this. I doubt any kids, which this is going to be geared to, even know who the damn Goonies are anymore.

I know. I have frienDs who are twenty who have never watched The Goonies. I'm like WTF? How can you have never watched The Goonies. It's the best kids film ever. The only problem I have with the original is that I introduced my daughter to it and she now does Sloth voices. Not very PC when you're doing you're shopping.

Ya, I've corrupted my two step kids to most of the movies I've watched. I don't let them watch the shit that comes out today, it's no good. It's all effects and no substance to it.

I make sure my boys watch Gremlins and the Goonies, Ghostbusters, all that good stuff. I'm so proud and My girlfriend is pissed at me that I have corrupted her kids to be like me. Hell I'm more proud that my nine year old boo's John Cena, but angry that he likes Jeff Hardy because I let him watch that damn ladder match DVD.

My parents raised me on Aliens, Terminator, Goonies, Gremilns, Highlander etc. Some of it's 80's trash. But some, while the effects are a bit poo, are still classics.

I used to get a bollocking off my wife when I let my girl watch The Terminator. Yeah she was 2 at the time. But I was watching that at her age and I never turned into a killer cyborg.

Well I grew up on Aliens and Terminator and all of that Stuff, but we won't let them watch R movies, minus nudity, until they are 13. The six year old is monkey see monkey do, so all I need is a phone call from school saying your child told me to go fuck myself. He's already come out of the bathroom in kindergarten with his pants down, mooned the class and pretended to fart.

Anyways, bad 80's movies rock and are the shit. Goonies two, might as well make the damn thing, with the exception of Samwise, none of them have a job and haven't done shit on screen in years.

I have no problem letting my kid watch 18 films. She's a good girl and personally i've never heard her swear. But then she's very intelligent and knows that daddy wont be happy if she's naughty. She also knows that she can have whatever she wants if she tells me she loves me. Little bastard.

Actually Josh Brolin still has a career. He's not the most talented of actors but he still makes a payday. He was in Planet Terror. And the woman with the glasses (I forget her name) is a scrip writer/script doctor. Then again I can't see any of them turning down the oppertunity, the exposure could kick start there careers again. Even the Hobbit's.

Damn it, I knew I have seen that guy before. I couldn't put his face to a name, but thank you Cake. Planet Terror was bad ass by the way and much better then the snooze fest of Deathproof.

I don't let the kids watch R Rated movies, simply because there are two of them, and both boys. I think they encourage each other to try and do bad things. I think with one, it's probably a lot easier, with two they spread the chaos out more.

Josh Brolins been in quite a bit. But he's so bland that it's hard to notice anything he does. I think The Goonies & Planet Terror are his only intresting performances. Look up Himbo in the dictionary and there's a pic of him and Paul Walker hugging it out.

I don't let the kids watch R Rated movies, simply because there are two of them, and both boys. I think they encourage each other to try and do bad things. I think with one, it's probably a lot easier, with two they spread the chaos out more.

Yeah I suppose it's different when you've got two lads. Wheras in my house it's common knowledge that I'm the only one that's allowed to do bad things.

I'm lucky to have been introduced to Jaws at a very young age. Now I can't go out in the sea for fear of being eaten by a shark. No shit. Thanks mum and dad. Same sort of deal with Arachnaphobia.

I only vaguely remember watching the Goonies but there are references everywhere so I managed to piece together the movie from that. I doubt a sequel of any kind will be anything to shout about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back