• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FTD #4 - Casey Jones vs Keno

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were 4. But they were never 4. In fact, they were usually 7. Leo, Donny, Mikey, Raph, Splinter, April, and...

Ahhhh, here's where it gets fun.

caseyjones7ef.jpg

VERSUS

2535109892_2b8659f9a9.jpg

In the original film, sports fanatic / good guy thug Casey Jones joined forces with the Turtles as some sort of street vigilante. His original fight with Raphael was well done, and spawned one of the funnier movie lines of the era - "A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me, you didn't pay money for this..." and the almost equally humorous "Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket."

Casey was responsible for taking out Tatsu and saving Splinter towards the end of the original film. His martial arts knowledge is limited, but the sum' bitch could fight, was resourceful, and knew his way around sporting goods.

Keno, on the other hand, is a little whiney but also a badass martial artist. He took out several thugs in the shopping mall at the start of Ninja Turtles 2, while also doing his job as a pizza delivery guy. He delivered several memorable lines in the 2nd film, including his response to the rebuke of a female "when I do I'll dream of something a little thinner!"

Keno was played by Ernie Reyes Jr. who also had roles in Red Sonia, Surf Ninjas, and The Rundown (along side the Rock) as well as Rush Hour 2. He's a serious martial artist, and in the 2nd film, helped Raph infiltrate the foot clan hideout and kicked the last canister of ooze from Shredder's hand.

So the question is - Casey vs Keno - Who Wins Film Throwdown #4?

Keno was played by Ernie Reyes Jr. who also had roles in Red Sonia, Surf Ninjas, and The Rundown (along side the Rock) as well as Rush Hour 2.

Dude, just, like, an hour ago I brought this guy up in Norcal's thread. That's a huge coincidence, considering I'm sure he's never been mentioned on this board before, lol. But yes... he is awesome.

Anyway, to answer the question... first let me answer which character I like more, and that's definitely Keno, but only because we're basing this off the film version(s) of TMNT, because to be quite honest... I liked Casey more so than any of the Turtles. I thought he was completely bad ass on the cartoon, and his action figure was amongst my favorites growing up. However, the film(s) version of him was lame as hell, if you ask me. The guy who played him, Elias Koteas, just didn't fit the character I knew and loved (which is funny because Elias Koteas is a damn good actor). Also, the way he was written made him lame also. All he did was give goofy punchlines and drool over the unattractive chick that played April. He served no other purpose. I've always been disappointed with that aspect from the first three TMNT movies.

Now, Keno, on the other hand, was completely bad ass. Like you said IC, a bit whiney, but shit... let any of us get put in his situation and not bitch about it at first; it's not happening. But even that aside, it didn't stop Keno from being someone to be taken seriously. His skills were absolutely sick, and it was just cool to see those kind of moves come from someone not in a turtle suit.

So, obviously... I prefer the Keno character by a large margin, from the film version(s) of TMNT much, much more, but as far as who would win a fight... man, that's tough. Casey's bigger, stronger, has a weapon, wears protective gear (on his face anyway, lol), and is no dummy. It's the classic Power vs. Speed match-up, and in the martial arts film genre, if I have learned one thing from over the countless years I've been watching, it's that Speed > Everything. A fast martial artist is damn near impossible to beat, no matter who you are, in the type of World the Turtles live him. Casey would put up a fight, but at the end of the day... he just wouldn't be able to keep his hands on Keno.

Ugh... I had half of this done and then I hit a wrong button and *poof*, my reply disappeared. So let's try this again...

Keno wins, hands down.

Kasey is a tough opponent, especially since he wears protective gear and uses weapons, but Keno wins this fight for a bunch of reasons:

#1 - Martial Arts Background
It's no secret that Keno has some sick maritla arts skills. He's an obvious product of years of training on his own and it shows in his fight scenes in the movie. However, if I recall correctly (since it's been years since I saw this film), Keno was given the opportunity to infiltrate the Foot Clan as a student and learn some of their inner workings, as well. All of this combined knowledge makes him a very tough opponent for a street fighter that uses appliances and sporting equipment as tools of his arsenal.

#2 - Speed and Agility
Being a black belt in karate, my discipline always taught us that speed and agility is greater than power in a street fight. Granted, if a powerful opponent landed with a strike the fight may be over in an instant. However, you can't defeat what you can't hit. Keno is lightning-fast, short, and extremely agile. Kasey won't even be able to catch him with his Canseco bat.

EDIT: Crap!! jmt beat me to this one...

#3 - No Dependence on Weapons
Kasey is a deadly fighter... when be has a baseball bat or a cricket stick in his hands. But, what would happen if he were disarmed? I think he's only half the fighter when he uses his bare hands. But, we've seen that Keno can use weapons AND he's a sick fighter on his own. Keno's got the edge...

#4 - Youth
I'm guessing that Kasey was in his late 20's when his was in his prime in the TMNT movies and Keno was in his late teens. Take it from an older guy... YOUTH MATTERS. Keno will have more stamina, a higher tolerance for pain and a quicker healing rate.

So, there you have it. As much as I think that Kasey is a badass motherfucker, I just can't see him winning this fight. I think Keno will use his speed and skills to disarm Kasey, making this a victory for him shortly afterwards.

Oh come on it's Casey with EASE. In the first movie, Casey and Raph fought to practically a draw if my memory is correct. Keno had to have Raph save him in the challenges the Foot had for him in TMNT 2. Think about that: Casey went toe to toe with a ninja turtle and almost won. That's just bad ass. I don't care how good a martial artist you are. A hockey stick to the face ends you. Casey wins.

I dunno about that KB. Casey and Raph may have faced off and had some animosity, but it wasn't a heated fight. It was more brotherly. They both realized that they were on the same side of the fence taking out the thug kids, but had different approaches. They spent half the fight bantering and badgering each other, and the first thing Casey says when he's in a room with Raph is "you guys wanna tell me what you're doin' to my little green pal over there?" Clearly more of a competitive rivalry then a fight - Raph didn't even take the Sais out, if memory serves.

Anyway, I say the clear answer is, indeed, Casey Jones. He not only fought his way out of the burning antique store, but he was the guy who covered the fight while April and the turtles escaped with Raphael. He then defeated Tatsu, the foot clan's 2nd in command, and took out additional foot soldiers before having the foresight to activate the garbage truck that supposedly finished off Shredder.

Keno, on the other hand, took out three random, non-foot soldier thugs in a shopping mall before having to be rescued by the turtles. He needed Raph's help to pass the foot challenge with the bells (though he defeated the other combatants on his own, in a ring, with gloves), and then ran for help. His only other two moments were carrying the anti-mutagen on the subway and kicking the ooze from Shredder's hand because he had the element of surprise.

Casey Jones FTW.

Pfft, Casey Jones for the fucking win here guys. And you want to know why? Because he's played by Elias Koteas. And Elias Koteas is a motherfucking badass. More so then an Asian man named after a gambling system.

That's my brilliant reasoning. Elias Koteas > Some random Asian stereotype.

Pfft, Casey Jones for the fucking win here guys. And you want to know why? Because he's played by Elias Koteas. And Elias Koteas is a motherfucking badass. More so then an Asian man named after a gambling system.

That's my brilliant reasoning. Elias Koteas > Some random Asian stereotype.

Elias Koteas... the same ass that played irresponsible, babysitting brother in Look Who's Talkin Too?!?!?!? :lmao: He didn't look very badass in that movie...

Come on now... it's got to be about more than that, X...

Elias Koteas... the same ass that played irresponsible, babysitting brother in Look Who's Talkin Too?!?!?!? :lmao: He didn't look very badass in that movie...

Come on now... it's got to be about more than that, X...

If you've ever seen David Cronenberg's Crash (no not the one that came out a few years ago, the one from the 90s), then you know Elias Koteas doesn't fuck around. He gets his sexual kicks from watching and participating in car crashes. The man is bad to the fucking ass.

Plus, he stands up for the little guy.

KB and X are right. Casey Jones is definitely taking the win here. Raphael used his skills to fight him, and he still almost won. He has what seems to be an endless supply of weapons, and Keno...doesn't. He's a great fighter, but he needed hep to pass the Foot Clan tests. Casey would probably get knocked around a bit, and then pull out his cricket paddle to end the fight.

Casey Jones is probably my 2nd favourite character behind Raph.

Tatsu > Keno
Jones > Tatsu

As I remember it, Tatsu beat the hell out of Jones while Jones just kept talking and getting back up until he fell into the golfclubs, at which point he nearly took Tatsu's head off. Casey Jones is a double tough bastard who even got the better of Raphael. One blow with the hockey stick to Keno's legs and this is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back