Fourwheelers, ATV's and the accidents that surround them.

smizzy

Doubt it, bud.
Just returned from a visitation for a ten year old who was killed while riding a fourwheeler as a passenger. It's really impacted the community and the visitation was such an event that they had to use one our high school gyms to host it. To me this is the same old story every year; a child, usually between the ages 8-18 has a fourwheeler/atv accident and endures a life-threatening injuries or in this unforunate case, dies. A few months back, another young child from the subdivision I live in was involved in a fourwheeler accident and nearly died. When I was sophomore in high school, there was a senior that had one flip on him and crushed his lungs.

These stories continue to pile up every year in many towns. For the sake of conversation, what is everyone's opinion: should there be an age limit to operate these pieces of machinery? Has anyone else been effected by a fourwheeler accident?

Every four wheeler requires you to be 16 to operate it. They also say don't ride with a passenger. And to wear a helmet.

I got my first four wheeler when I was 13. No helmet. Hoped right on, with my 10 year old brother and rode the trails we grew up riding on. I've never personally wrecked one. I have be riding most of my life. Sadly, this stuff just happens. No real ways to prevent them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back