• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fortune Five

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Get it? Because the theme line is Fortune Four? Ah, screw you. With Chris Daniels returning and directly aligning himself with Fortune and AJ Styles also coming back, we find ourselves in a familiar pickle. Lets see, Fortune. Four. Horsemen. Hm... You know, this was pretty minor back in October because they needed more people to feud with EV2. But today it doesn't make a wiff of sense. Lets face it. Ric Flair is no longer associated to them. They are no longer a 4 Horsemen like group and they don't have four members. Not to mention how rather ridiculous it is for them to feud with the man who only gave them the name, but honors the man's previous faction. Simply put, maybe a new name is in order. I know. Change is not always good, but then again, Fortune isn't a catchy name either. It wouldn't surprise me if Matt Morgan also ends up aligned with them again to help them. So should they change names? I say yes. They are no longer a 4 Horsemen tribute. Ric Flair is their enemy.

I'd go with something like the "The Armada" or reusing the "TNA Frontline" seeing how 4 guys were a part of that group.

Can't agree. Flair or not, Fortune is branded. Merchandise, hand sign and general reference all point to that name. It's what the four of them are known as.

Whether or not they start aligning themselves with "outsiders" or not is irrelevant to the fact that the "Core 4" are Styles, Storm, Roode and Kaz. Anyone else associated with the group is simply a "member by association" as far as I'm concerned.

Re-naming them, again (since this is basically the TNA Frontline 2.0), would be too conducive with the current trend of re-naming everything in TNA. Is it ideal? Of course not. Hell, for a short while they were even called Fourtune, and that changed. Enough with the shifting. Just let it ride out.

Can't agree. Flair or not, Fortune is branded. Merchandise, hand sign and general reference all point to that name. It's what the four of them are known as.

Whether or not they start aligning themselves with "outsiders" or not is irrelevant to the fact that the "Core 4" are Styles, Storm, Roode and Kaz. Anyone else associated with the group is simply a "member by association" as far as I'm concerned.

Re-naming them, again (since this is basically the TNA Frontline 2.0), would be too conducive with the current trend of re-naming everything in TNA. Is it ideal? Of course not. Hell, for a short while they were even called Fourtune, and that changed. Enough with the shifting. Just let it ride out.

This reminds me of when Jeff Jarrett wanted to be in the 4 horsemen. There was the core group and associated members. They could do the same with Fortune.

Eventually I'd like to see Roode turn on AJ and become the new leader of a heel Fortune, in which case the name and Horsemen-like quality would be an ideal fit. I agree with the OP that it's not perfect for the group currently, but it's a nitpicky thing and not a real problem.

Well...I don't See AJ coming back Full time yet or not. Just because he made one quick thing at lockdown doesn't mean he is ready to go full time. Also if you look at the 4 horse men there were always 5 of them. one was a manager of sorts.

Well...I don't See AJ coming back Full time yet or not. Just because he made one quick thing at lockdown doesn't mean he is ready to go full time. Also if you look at the 4 horse men there were always 5 of them. one was a manager of sorts.

We also dont know how long Daniels is back in TNA, do we? Its like DX to me. Some people dont consider NAO true members or even Xpac but when you think back remember when The Rock teamed up with Xpac and Roaddogg to wrestle HHH, Chyna and Gunn for the rights to DX? Remember Mike Tyson? Remember Tori? Rick Rude?

You have the group..and then you have friends of the group. Even more recently DX teamed up with The Hardys and done crotch chops with Rey...I believe Cena even done a crotch chop with DX once...doesnt make them members of DX... does it?

Its Fourtune because they are four of them and I think we still have a reference to BeerMoney being apart of their group. The whole idea of being worth their weight in gold to TNA. To the roster and the originals.

I dont think Matt Morgan will join them if anything he would join Angle, Steiner, and Crimson who seem to be still together after we saw Steiner save Angle.

Eventually I'd like to see Roode turn on AJ and become the new leader of a heel Fortune, in which case the name and Horsemen-like quality would be an ideal fit. I agree with the OP that it's not perfect for the group currently, but it's a nitpicky thing and not a real problem.

Why in the hell hasn't Roode broken away from any groups or tag teams? Everyone always says that TNA needs home grown stars to take over. My god, I was watching the last ppv TNA had and he can wrestle, he has the look and he does good mic work. TNA better do something with him before Vince turns him into a star.

As for this thread. I think they need to stop making Four Horsemen rip offs. I didn't like it with Evolution. They keep tying it to Flair and Flair didn't even start the Horsemen. Arn did. Yeah Ric was the man back then but Arn Anderson started it.

TNA make Roode the man. Its that simple, even if he is the companies top heel for awhile. You are wasting main event matches with corny Jarrett.

Why in the hell hasn't Roode broken away from any groups or tag teams? Everyone always says that TNA needs home grown stars to take over. My god, I was watching the last ppv TNA had and he can wrestle, he has the look and he does good mic work. TNA better do something with him before Vince turns him into a star.

As for this thread. I think they need to stop making Four Horsemen rip offs. I didn't like it with Evolution. They keep tying it to Flair and Flair didn't even start the Horsemen. Arn did. Yeah Ric was the man back then but Arn Anderson started it.

TNA make Roode the man. Its that simple, even if he is the companies top heel for awhile. You are wasting main event matches with corny Jarrett.

As a long time fan of TNA and long time WZ reader I remember when Storm and Harris teamed up and was the end all be all of Tag Teams in TNA while Team Canada with Robert Roode was basically a close second. I think the plan was to split up everyone and push them as singles and they did for awhile

But somewhere down the line it just worked out better for TNA and for the wrestlers to team up with each other. So, Harris goes to WWE and fails. Storm teams up with Roode and they become the end all be all of TNA.

Chances are they wouldnt even be in TNA right now if it wasnt for their tag team. It happens in a lot of companies. They were just better served as a tag team wrestlers. They could break away as singles they could but they work soo well as a tag team. We might see another break up of Beer Money but chances are Storm would just form another team with someone and they would become the next awesome TNA team.

As for Jarrett, I know people yell hes not a draw and he sucks and blah blah but I feel he could totally be a top heel in any company with the right direction and the right writing.

That's got money written all over it, man, especially if guys like Daniels and Morgan get decent runs moving forward.

Dissension in the ranks, Roode & Storm turn on AJ, Kaz is upset and comes to his aid splitting the group. Roode & Storm bring in two more heels to "strengthen" Fortune who they felt were being held down by AJ & Kaz—Wolfe, Magnus, Pope, Joe etc. all available—and AJ & Kaz grab Daniels and Morgan or maybe Shelley and Sabin to have the two groups feud head-on for weeks.

Oh, my, god...

Hey Killjoy, I like your signature, but it should be

BULLY RAY - Gluttony
MATT HARDY - Sloth
ABYSS - Wrath

Those make more sense.

That's got money written all over it, man, especially if guys like Daniels and Morgan get decent runs moving forward.

Dissension in the ranks, Roode & Storm turn on AJ, Kaz is upset and comes to his aid splitting the group. Roode & Storm bring in two more heels to "strengthen" Fortune who they felt were being held down by AJ & Kaz—Wolfe, Magnus, Pope, Joe etc. all available—and AJ & Kaz grab Daniels and Morgan or maybe Shelley and Sabin to have the two groups feud head-on for weeks.

It's sad how obvious this is to us, IDR, and yet TNA will probably miss the boat. The potential for a new Horsemen is right there, with Roode and Storm as the new Flair/Arn foundation. The way Flair's turning on Sting set up the feud that defined WCW for years could happen with Roode turning on AJ. That rivalary could be the biggest thing in TNA history and propel both men and the company to a new level.

The best thing about turning Fortune into a true powerhouse stable is that it becomes a vehicle for exposing and improving other wrestlers. Look at what being Horsemen did for Sting, Pillman, Benoit, Malenko, etc. Look at how joining the NWO pulled a guy like Buff Bagwell out of obscurity and made him a mid-card star. We talk all the time about guys needing to be "put over." Well, nothing gets guys over faster than becoming part of a popular stable.

nooooo!!! fortune arent exciting enough to split them and have 2 groups! n robert roode sure as hell isnt good enough to go into singles! look how boring he was last time! just keep them as they are in a minor storyline at the side with the very weak looking immortal!!! roode and storm are painfully boring! kaz has no character! daniels is horrible! aj is carrying the lot of them! as for adding people to the group or splitting it and adding more, theres no point in ruining other peoples characters! keep matt morgan, mcmg, british invasion, pope and whoever else you mentioned the fck away! id be happy to add in samoa joe though! hes probably the most boring person to ever work in any wrestling company! he would be a perfect fit as their leader! could change the name to team boring!

could change the name to team boring!

We should change yours to "Single Dumbass."

Not sure if you actually believed a word of what you said, or if you're just trolling. Pretty sure it's the latter. If so, you're far less talented than any of the men you mocked.

If that post expressed your genuine thoughts...... I just feel sorry for you. Nobody should have to go through life that stupid.

hahaha ok! says the guy with this sig TNA is far from perfect, but at least they still have "wrestling" in their name.

Total Non-stop Action: Impact! Good thing they have wrestling in their name!

hahaha ok! says the guy with this sig TNA is far from perfect, but at least they still have "wrestling" in their name.

Total Non-stop Action: Impact! Good thing they have wrestling in their name!

Oh really, fool?

250px-Tnalogo.png

There's the company logo. They official name of the company is "Total Nonstop Action Wrestling."

Nice try. Funny how you tried (and failed) to take a weak shot at my sig instead of actually defending your worthless trash of a post.

Well, they could still call themselves Fortune, and just change the music. Simple fix, and IMO it would be better for the group to have distinct music rather that a remix of Flair's (Heel) or AJ's (Face), and Kaz needs his own music, not just the groups.

Also, before any of them lose their belts, I want Daniels to win the TV belt (looks like that could happen after his altercation with Gunner tonight, and AJ win the World again, so the hold everything.

I love Fortune with Daniels. They could feud with Immortal now, with 5 guys, because Immortal's always growing.

I dislike the idea of Fortune needing a new name. If they changed the name now it would just make them into a less important group. Fortune is the best thing to happen to TNA in years and they need to keep building upon the history of that faction. Fortune contains a tag team, an enforcer, and a world title contender. Yes, that sounds an awful lot like the Four Horsemen even in their name and not just their lineup type. That doesn't matter though. Fortune are guys that TNA are pushing to the top (although Styles was already at that level). They need to keep the name the same because then TNA can keep on adding to the credibility of their best faction. A new name would cause some of that to go away.

Well it's official The Fallen Angel is a member of Fortune. He is wearing the Fortune shirt and Tenay referred to him as Fortune member Chris Daniels. I love the idea of Daniels being in Fortune. AJ and Daniels just seem like they belong together. As great as the matches aganist each other are they are to good of friends in TNA's history to fued that much.

To be honest i really wanted The Fallen Angle to join fortune
if tna books fortune properly then fortune can be HUGE for tna
fortune currently consists of all the top guys in tna in each division
and daniels is just a perfect fit
imagine if all members of fortune came to the ring in suits with all the tna titles!

the only way tna could go wrong with this is if they decide to break fortune up because they are jealous of what each other achieves

Hopefully TNA doesnt ruin a good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back