Forrest Griffin

jmt225

Global Moderator
Forrest Griffin has said he wants to fight at UFC 108 on January 2nd, which is the same show that features Rashad Evans vs Thiago Silva, Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout and Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort.

The question is, if his wish is granted, who should be his opponent and why?

.....................................................................​

I have two people in mind, though both cases seem very unlikely.

The first is Shogun, IF he loses to Machida and doesn't get hurt in the process. I've been dying to see Shogun vs. Forrest 2 since their first fight. I think it needs to happen eventually.

However, my 2nd choice, and what I personally want to happen the most now that I think about it, is none other than Chuck Liddell. Think about it... you throw Forrest Griffin vs. Chuck Liddell on that card, and the show ends up being as huge as UFC 100 was, in my opinion. Plus, that's just an awesome fight. Both are stand-up fighters, with a LOT to prove. And it's just a win-win situation for the UFC. If Chuck wins, then he's back in the game or can retire on top, and if Forrest wins... then that puts him back in the top tier of Light Heavyweights in the UFC.

Forrest needs someone who he'll be able to defeat. I mean, he takes every loss to heart and if he loses once or twice more he's gonna hang himself or some shit.

That in mind, I think Shogun and Liddell are both sensible choices. Shogun might not have been in perfect shape when he first fought Forrest - and so, hilariously, he could barely hold his arms up as the fight went on - but I don't think he's particularly better now. I do think, despite those two decisive losses, Forrest has improved.

Forrest vs. Liddell is fucking money, no two ways about it. I don't care if they're both on losing streaks, you could chuck (no pun intended) that motherfucker in the main event. Would that be the first time an Ultimate Fighter winner has fought his former coach?

I also think that he could take Rashad Evans on the right day. Rashad was slightly fortunate in their first fight. I'm not taking anything away from him - he kicked the shit out of Forrest and deserved the win. However, I think on a different day that fight could have been Forrest's.

I think that all of the possible fights mentioned have been great ideas. Liddle/Griffin would be legendary for about 1 or 2 rounds. A rematch with Shogun if he isnt champ would be nice to see. The rematch with Evans would be the one id be the most interested in seeing because i think Griffin was winning their first fight until he got caught. However a new opponent that is actually possible would be a fight against Wanderlei Silva. I know Silva said he was dropping to middleweight but hes a competitor and if the fight came up im sure hed take it. It would be a stand up war and no doubt one of them would be getting KO'd.

Rich Franklin.

Franklin needs to move up to 205 permanently, no more of this catchweight at 195 garbage. Franklin's getting up there in age, and if he wants a shot at the title before retiring, then starting to take out the major competition at 205 would be a good start.

Griffin/Franklin would be a huge fight. Both guys are major fan favorites and cardio machines. Both are also extremely exciting fighters, and the thought of these two going at it for 15 minutes is pretty awesome. Both are also coming off of huge losses, and they'd go all out to ensure that they move up the food chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back